Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:03:16 AM
713333 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What are your thoughts on Terminator 3? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What are your thoughts on Terminator 3?  (Read 5469 times)
XxSilverHxX
« on: July 03, 2002, 12:01:34 AM »

I am sorry if this has been brought up a million times,  but I am excited about it being made...And is it true that there is a trailer for it at MIB:2 showing?  And I read that Arnold is going to switch sides during the movie and that sounds really cool...I know Term. 2 was awesome and it will be very hard to top it.  

Is it true that there making a Mortal Combat 3?  

When is the next Star Trek going to be released?
john
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2002, 12:28:53 AM »

My thoughts on Terminator III: It's going to be stupid. James Cameron isn't involved and they had to cast someone else as John Connor. Really, the only person returning from the previous movies is Arnold. Never a good sign.

Look at the Batman movies.
Steven Millan
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2002, 03:31:34 AM »

* "Star Trek:Nemesis" out this December
                    * "Mortal Combat(3):Domination" has been reportedly made,with
                    Talisa Solo back as Kitara,but don't know no other info,regarding
                     the rest of the cast,director,or when it'll be released.
            And now,on "T3".........
                 The pluses:newcomer Kristianna  Loken as the new evil female Terminator,who causes Arnold's Terminator(T-800)to constantly switch from good to bad,and then back again;a heavy struggle for Arnie to stay on the side of good this time out.
                  The minuses:Nick Stahl as John Connor;they couldn't have picked a much worse actor,and Jonathan Mosten isn't quite my idea of a "T3" director,and the new preview trailer sounds really,really stupid,with the WB(Warner Bros) melting into a T-1000 puddle,and then into the T3 logo.
                    But I've got no problem with Claire Danes as the good girl,since it'll be very interesting(and challenging for her)seeing her  in a genre movie,and how she handles the role,and with fighting the female Terminator,in an all-out woman-to-woman showdown.
                    Other than that,I'll hold my judgment till I see the final product on the big screen next summer.
BlackAngel
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2002, 05:14:22 AM »

Mixed.

On one hand, I'm digging the fact that they're making the third (and, I hope, last) installment of this movie.  Hopefully who ever is directing this one will take some notes from Cameron and make it good.  NO JOEL SHUMACHER PLEASE!!!!

On the other hand, when a person plays a character so well, it tends to stay with him/her for the rest of their career.  Unfortunately, this is the same for good OLD Arnie.  Granted, he was the only great terminator of his time, but the key words here are:  HIS TIME.  Right now, he's not as big as he use to be.  Of course he is still in great shape, but it is just a matter of time before it's "oh, my back!"  Give that Terminator mantle to someone who can be equally good male or female.  There was God knows how many James Bonds, and Harrison Ford just gave his Tom Clancy hero to Ben Affleck.
BlackAngel
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2002, 05:17:01 AM »

And yes MK: Damni--I mean Domination is coming I suggest you bring a keg of Jack Daniels to numb the pain.
sm
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2002, 01:17:34 PM »

Some sequels should never be made. Hollywood needs to move on from the Terminator franchise - in fact i was happy with just the first. The second didn't even have that same feeling the original did which was grittier, a bit darker and had an ominous ending that made you think.

T3 is just going to be too gimicky, arnold likes to crack lots of jokes in his movies now and be mr. funnyman.
J.R.
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2002, 07:44:55 PM »

T3 is just an attempt to gobble up more money. Arnie said he wouldn't be back without Cameron, but his last several movies flopped, so he's decided he can do without. Jonathan Mostow did a great job on U-571, so maybe he'll bring something to this. But how sad will it bew to see Arnold in his current wrinkled and diminished form get kicked around by a woman? And speaking of James Cameron, when will he get off his pompous ass and get back to work? Oh, it's only been five years since Titanic, and Dark Angel sucked, so do something already!
Mofo Rising
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2002, 03:40:30 PM »

Well, I just saw the teaser trailer.  (Available on Quicktime.)  It's not very impressive.  Steven Millan summed it up pretty good.  But what was impressive back in 1991 is significantly less so now.  And the logo looks goofy.

But that's just the trailer.  The movie I know nothing about, save what I just read here.  I'm thinking it could suck or it could be fairly enjoyable.  I doubt it will be great.  But I don't hold the TERMINATOR movies in huge regard anyway.  The first was an enjoyable sci-fi thriller, the second an over-the-top action blockbuster.  (Unlike the movie, OVER THE TOP.)

I had my problems with the second.  Most notably with Edward Furlong's character.  If there's one thing I never need to see in movies again, it's a young person trying to teach their lingo to an older person.  Also, Arnold couldn't help but interject his "witticisms" into the movie.  "I'm getting to old for this."  Good dialogue for a killer robot from the future.  No, make that great dialogue.  But those are minor quibbles for an action movie I liked  very much.

By the way, does anybody think it's funny that all these T-800 models look like Arnold?  You think the humans would catch on.  Just pass out a picture and say, "Hey, if a guy who looks like this shows up and tries to join your group, don't let him.  He's actually a killer robot.  Also, he's got an unmistakable Austrian accent for some reason."
J.R.
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2002, 05:44:07 PM »

Similar to Mofo's point, the T-800 must have been a real masterstroke. It can still take out far more advanced cyborgs like the T-1000 and whatever serial number the new female Terminator is. That would be like a Macintosh II beating Deep Blue at chess.
Vincent Price
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2002, 10:04:44 AM »

Actually, not all T-800's look like Arnold. In The Terminator, the T-800 that wipes out the shelter in Kyle Reese's dream looks nothing like Arnold.
Xu Xing
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2002, 03:11:22 PM »

I'm still curious as to how the future in the Terminator universe gets screwed up.  I mean, they pretty much completely destroyed cyberdine systems in the last movie, so wouldn't that have prevented SkyNet from going online and trying to destroy humanity?  The only thing that was really left behind was arnold's arm which was caught in the gear in part 2.  I'm sure they'll probably explain it in the new movie anyway, but does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

P.S. The new trailer sucked, just like someone said.  I had heard beforehand that there was going to be a trailer of T3 and The Two Towers at MIB2, but there was absolutely NO MOVIE FOOTAGE OF T3 in the trailer.  Kinda reminded me of an episode of South Park where everyone was waiting around for the trailer of a new Terrance and Phillip movie, and all they showed were words on the screen, lol.
Cullen
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2002, 06:25:05 PM »

"There was absolutely NO MOVIE FOOTAGE OF T3 in the trailer."

There was also no movie footage in the trailer for T2, and that turned out okay.
Akira Tubo
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2002, 07:30:41 PM »

Terminator 2 was bad enough.
John
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2002, 06:45:22 PM »

>I'm still curious as to how the future in the Terminator universe gets screwed up. I
>mean, they pretty much completely destroyed cyberdine systems in the last
>movie, so wouldn't that have prevented SkyNet from going online and trying to
>destroy humanity? The only thing that was really left behind was arnold's arm
>which was caught in the gear in part 2. I'm sure they'll probably explain it in the
>new movie anyway, but does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Yes, actually I worked out an idea for how it could happen;

You figure that after finding the chip and the arm (what about the leg that landed on the stairs?) the executives at Cyberdine (Cyberdyne?) would at least partially figure out that the mystery guy who attacked the police station was a machine. They'd also probably be keeping tabs on Sarah because of her connection to everything that happened. When the police in the second movie start getting reports of supposedly the same guy, the company would probably have someone keeping track of them. When they see that the police can't stop him during the attack on the company, they'd realize that it's another machine like the first one. They'd have people following them at a safe distance when they leave the company. These guys would know that they wouldn't stand a chance if they tried to interfere, so they'd just hang back and see what happens. After Sarah & John leave, they'd rush in and drain the molten metal to recover what's left of the terminator. The extreme heat caused him to shut down, but the head and body, being very thick and tough, would protect the chip somewhat and take a while to melt. What they find would be a big blob of metal. After it cools, they take it back to one of their auxillary plants, cut it open and find an almost completely intact CPU. This, combined with the secret daily backups of the information they were making of Dyson's research allow them to pretty much pick up where they left off and get back on schedule.

What do you think?
Chadzilla
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2002, 07:25:28 PM »

It looks to be a final desperate grab at the box office gold ring for this once trendsetting technoir pop phenom.  Too much of what I hear (FEMALE TERMINATOR!) seems to be calculated one upmanship to keep the never meant to be series 'hip' and 'fresh'.  I'm sure it will be a monster hit for the studio (or at least have a huge opening weekend), but I doubt it will be very good...just another BBSSM (Big Budget Studio Summer Movie) with a snot load of merchandising - Video games!  Tee-shirts!  Action Figures!  Media Books!  I also bet dollars to doughnuts that Warner Bros is pushing hard for a PG-13 rating (with them plopping down someting like 30 MILLION for Ah-nold alone it would be suicide going for an R, the movie would never break even - then again most studio films don't, those Hollywood accountants really need to help Washington.  I mean with guys like that running the books there never will be a deficit or an Enron again!).

I predict that The Terminator will be recreated as an Indiana Jones style adventure movie.

Now I need some fresh air!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What are your thoughts on Terminator 3? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.