Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:42:59 AM
713396 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Thoughts on coming reviews? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Thoughts on coming reviews?  (Read 5936 times)
Andrew
« on: July 04, 2002, 10:03:05 PM »

It seems like I have been reviewing a lot of "recent" movies lately.  However, now that I've been home and had some time to plan, I have a hankering some for 80's and early 90's pure cheese.  Not intended to mean good, just plain bad movies.

Anyway, the reason for the post is to find out what everyone would like to see reviewed, genre-wise.  Not enough bad action films?  More kung fu?  Where are the monster movies?

Stuff I've been thinking about:
Galactic Gigolo
The Dark (1994)
Interzone
Riders of the Storm (1986)
Transformations (oddly enough, considering ChrisK's earlier post)
Curse II
Eliminators
Spookies
Razorback
Barbarian Queen
Cave Girl  (Binche!  Growl!  Binche, binche!  GROWL!)

Undoubtedly, I will break off from my plunge into 80ish movie hell.  Not before I get a couple of those suckers reviewed though.

Andrew
Brock
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2002, 11:41:43 PM »

(nm)
sm
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2002, 12:57:45 AM »

80's movie hell = "It's Alive: Island of the Alive"..or...

"Saturday the 14th"? lol
Foywonder
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2002, 02:10:09 AM »

Spookies, Eliminators, Razorback, and Cave Girl are good choices.

Let me toss in a few others you should consider:

The Wraith
Robotjox
Yog, Monster From Space
The Alien Factor
Frankenstein Conquers The World
Battle Beneath The Earth
The Swarm
Private School
Satan's Cheerleaders
Blood Beach
Viva Knievel

Just a few others worthy of consideration.
Luke Bannon
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2002, 04:28:19 AM »

I think Galatic Gigolo sounds like a bad film, do it! Plus, if you can, could you please do Toxic Avenger 3: Last Temptation of Toxie?
lester1/2jr
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2002, 08:16:30 AM »

anything with Sherman Helmsley

and of course my old favorite Tomcat: dangerous desires starring the person Richard grieco
Will
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2002, 08:45:40 AM »

Oh wow, I would love to see a review of The Elminators! One of my favorite Empire pictures!

Gotta love the cutrate Crocodile Dundee, the chick from Star Trek, a kung fu guy, and a cyborg as a super team.

Great line:
"What's that?"--Star Trek chick Crosby
"A mobile unit."--Cyborg dude

God, I'd love to have that on Wav.
Foywonder
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2002, 10:33:06 AM »

It takes a brave man to sit through the horror that is GHOST FEVER!
Neville
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2002, 10:33:33 AM »

I will be real happy to see a "Heaven's gate" review. After all, it is 80's and weird enough (see the topic bellow), but it can wait.
Chris K.
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2002, 11:48:23 AM »

Say Andrew, I am really looking forward for a review of TRANSFORMATIONS. The imdb.com plot summary is just so DULL. With your review, it would be alot more upbeat.
AndyC
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2002, 03:54:30 PM »

That movie rules!
Chris K.
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2002, 04:26:28 PM »

From Charles Band and his Empire Pictures, you sure can't go wrong with ELIMINATORS. Best line: When looking at the situation, Andrew Prine says "What is this, a comic book or somethin'". He sure got that right!
No Nukes, The Satanic Pikachu
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2002, 04:57:37 PM »

Blacula
Carnival Of Blood
The Creeping Flesh
The Apple
The Magic Christian
Mister Freedom
Shanks
Skiddoo!
Son Of Dracula-1974 (it was a musical of all things!)
Space Is The Place
Ssssssssssssss
StatCat
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2002, 05:21:34 PM »

I'd love to see a review for the spookies (that would definitely fit with badmovies.org) and others like: bloody pit of horror, sting of death, and definitely some more toho kaiju other then godzilla (or their other movies like attack of the mushroom people)
yaddo42
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2002, 06:12:14 PM »

Of the ones you've listed, I would love to see you rip into SPOOKIES, a personal favorite of 80s cheese. USA used to get their money's worth out of it.  I know you could have a field day poking fun of the monsters in the wine cellar that can be dissolved by wine (say that was a lucky coincidence).  

Of the rest of the list ELIMINATORS, RAZORBACK, and BARBARIAN QUEEN could all be promising. Although, RIDERS OF THE STORM is another personal favorite of mine from the old days. Gratuitous Dennis Hopper overacting; a B-29 (that never has to land or refuel apparently) operating as a flying pirate TV station; tons of 60s references; lots of slaps at yuppies, 80s trends, and the Reagan era as a whole. More people need to be exposed to this oddball flick.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Thoughts on coming reviews? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.