Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:11:13 PM
714247 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Thoughts on coming reviews? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Thoughts on coming reviews?  (Read 5996 times)
lester1/2jr
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2002, 08:57:34 PM »

"I AM a monster...a LOVE monster!"
Abby
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2002, 05:14:25 PM »

More Kentucky-fried Girdler. But then, I'm biased.
Flangepart
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2002, 05:18:41 PM »

How about some spegetti westerns. The Jango flicks would be a good start. Any thing with Lee Van Cleef (The man with the gunsite eyes!). Oh, yeah. And Clint....hey, it'd be a change of pace! Could be fun.
lester1/2jr
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2002, 07:57:33 PM »

it's one of those movies where you always know what they're about to say, though i doubt they copped it from that guy
mr. henry
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2002, 02:49:37 PM »

riders of the storm...because  i'll find comfort in knowing someone else not only has seen it, but that someone else co-habitates with an actual copy and can still sleep at night. it's not that bad i guess. it's unique...

OTHER than that...the more obscure the better...stuff not on other sites.

-mr. henry
Abby
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2002, 04:30:31 PM »

Oh, hey, Andrew! You know, you could probably use more Andy Milligan. I know it's sort of a hot topic now with the book and all, but he's still under-represented in the web world. And I know you've endured Rats are Coming. If you REALLY wanted to show off your intestinal fortitude, you might opt to tackle one of Milligan's 80 gore entries ... Milligan trying to do Troma. Not pretty.

I myself have plunged into a sick, twisted, moussed world of bad 80's horror cinema. I turned 30 recently, and I set myself a mission in which I will rent every horror film in my local Video Update that I've never seen ... in alphabetical order. I'm a month into the journey now, with 25 mostly 80's titles accounted for.

So far in 2002, the 80's crap standard to beat has proven to be Future Kill.

Boardinghouse, as I mentioned elsewhere, was so bad that it broke my VCR. For real.

Future Kill is one I'd like to see you wrestle with, Andrew. It might cure you of your 80's/90's crap yearnings.
Andrew
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2002, 04:40:32 PM »

The frightening thing is, I have a large number of the movies that everyone has suggested.  Even "Future Kill," though I think it is buried in the very back of the bottom shelf of my tapes (it is 3 layers deep).  And that is exactly where it is going to stay - at least for now.

I keep thinking about a review for "The Rats Are Coming!  The Werewolves Are Here!"  Something always keeps me from getting to work on a review...must be a self-preservation instinct.

Well, I am putting "Eliminators" and "Spookies" on the menu.  I will probably start working on the review for the tank/cyborg movie tonight.  I remember laughing out loud when he fell off the boat and promptly sank.

Andrew
Mofo Rising
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2002, 05:52:40 PM »

Abby wrote:
> . . .and I set
> myself a mission in which I will rent every horror film in my
> local Video Update that I've never seen ... in alphabetical
> order.

You're doing this too?  I started my alphabetical horror quest about a year ago.  Slow going though, because I don't rent movies very often.  I just pick one or two up every time I'm down there.  I'm just now making my way through the C's.

For every ten titles I slog through, there's usually one that's surprisingly good.  Of course, there's also two that are gut-churningly awful.  I think AUDREY ROSE would be the one I hated the most.  It's an EXORCIST-style movie that takes itself way too seriously, is way too boring, and is way too long.  I think it's when they go to trial to prove the existence of reincarnation the my loathing flipped to outright hatred.

I'd like to see some bad 80's sex comedies reviewed, like HAMBURGER. . . THE MOTION PICTURE.  But that's not really this site's modus operandi.  How about a B-Movie Cabal theme where you watch movies that are specifically designed to ride on the coattails of other, more popular movies?  Those are always so delightful.  Or action/sci-fi/comedies, like DEAD HEAT.  What a can't miss collection of genres for one movie to have.
Abby
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2002, 06:10:06 PM »

I'm doing five videos a week for 52 weeks. That's the plan.  I should be up to 'C' after next week.

You can follow my progress here:

Video Update A-Z: A Personal Journey

I did Audrey Rose last month. I actually decided that if I had to spend eternity in hell watching one bad movie, I'd rather it be Future Kill than Audrey Rose.

I said this before I sat through American Scream, of course.
Lee
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2002, 08:05:38 PM »

Dang so many good suggestions. How about some good old cheesy 80's Kung Fu movies. I love these(unless they are done right pain inducing).
jmc
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2002, 10:19:13 AM »

I always liked HAMBURGER: THE MOTION PICTURE, just for the scene at the end with "the eating club."  

My vote would be for BARBARIAN QUEEN, but I haven't seen the others, only heard about them.
Flangepart
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2002, 10:45:32 AM »

Tonights movie: BARBARIAN HAMBURGER! The story of a time traveling tribe of Hunter-gathers that open a fast food franchise in modern L.A. Starring Tom Wopat and Clu Culager. Sorry.....its one of those mondays................
lester1/2jr
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2002, 01:29:56 PM »

are these viewings open to the public?
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Thoughts on coming reviews? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.