Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:25:04 PM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Maxim's Worst Movies Of All Time « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Maxim's Worst Movies Of All Time  (Read 7231 times)
Squishy
« on: July 06, 2002, 02:43:03 AM »

'Batman and Robin' Voted Worst Film Ever

From IMDB.com:

"Batman and Robin has been voted the worst movie of all time by a Maxim magazine poll. The action adventure - starring George Clooney and Chris O'Donnell as the undynamic duo - topped the poll, hotly followed by the Julia Roberts tearjerker Steel Magnolias, Robin Williams' horrific Patch Adams and the big-budget blockbuster Armageddon.

The Top Ten Worst Films:
1: Batman and Robin
2: Steel Magnolias
3: Patch Adams
4: Armageddon
5: Staying Alive
6: The Postman
7: The English Patient
8: It's Pat! The Movie
9: When Harry Met Sally
10: Little Nicky
"

--Okay, it's not like this poll was presented to bad-movie buffs so of course obvious picks like Plan Nine From Outer Space, Deanzilla, The Swarm, or Exorcist II: The Heretic aren't going to be there. While some of the picks are downright odd (The English Patient? When Harry Met Sally?), it is heartening to see Patch Adams and Armageddon get the infamy they so richly deserve, from a general viewing public that is normally "wowed" by big effects and star power. Take THAT, Patch, you c***s***er!

(It's also a testimony to the lasting pain caused by It's Pat, that even today it makes the Top Ten.)
Steven Millan
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2002, 03:27:00 AM »

This is an official All-Time Worst Movies list,and yet neither two of the mosr recent biggest cinematic turkeys,"Showgirls' and "Freddy Got Fingered" are not at the Number two and Number One spot?!
                    Michael Medved would definitely be really embarassed.
littlenemo
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2002, 10:29:05 AM »

What!? only one Adam Sandler movie is listed! Now im really mad!!!!!!
And wheres "Water World"? I never have liked polls......
Chris K.
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2002, 11:18:23 AM »

Yes, FREDDY GOT FINGERED and SHOWGIRLS are cinematic turkeys (and I saw them!), but when are they going to put that God awful PEARL HARBOR on that list. If their was ever a film so full-of-it, it would DEFINATELY be PEARL HARBOR. However, I have a feeling that it won't be on the list due to winning an Oscar for "Best Sound Effects". Please, I heard better sound comming from an Andy Milligan film.

PEARL HARBOR is in the running, with FREDDY GOT FINGERED on second.
Pete B6K
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2002, 12:25:06 PM »

I'm so glad Armadgeddon got on the list. I felt I like I was in a parallel world, coming out of the cinema and everybody saying how good it was. Argh.

Shake the camera! It'll add tension! Erm we've run out of dialogue, if we make everything loud and hectic then it'll drown out the fact that the characters aren't saying anything of interest. Why Steve, whyyyyyy????!!!!

Pete
Casey
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2002, 01:58:11 PM »

Well, if I remember correctly, the English Patient won for best film at the Oscars a few years ago.

And why hasn't anyone mentioned Glitter yet?
Cloudio
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2002, 02:28:10 PM »

Because we are all trying to forget it...

And now that you have mentioned it...there goes my 3 weeks of not waking up screaming streak.
mr. henry
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2002, 02:57:43 PM »

agree or disagree...lists make us think...i guess.

personally, i think It's Pat is just bad and weird enough to be an ok bad movie.

no one likes pat. pat is creepy. pat plays the tuba with ween. and pat's neighbor---a dude---has a weird obsessive crush on pat even though he doesn't know pat's gender. pat has an androgenous affair with chris...david foley from kids in the hall.

it's the SNL skit on acid...so far removed from the skit that it winds up being something else. pretty surreal for a major release. an acquired taste tho...

-mr. henry
(let's list our sites...
www.310am.com)
Xu Xing
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2002, 03:15:31 PM »

How about *gagging* The Avengers?
Lee
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2002, 07:34:56 PM »

UUULLLKKKK!!!! Now there's a horrendous movie!
Deej
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2002, 07:17:37 AM »

That's me!! I also think Billy Jack is the greates "message" movie of all time...the hell do I know?
DJ
BlackAngel
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2002, 09:43:12 AM »

I kinda thought Armeggedon, along with Godzilla '98, were good movies in a mindless fun kinda way.
naked boob lover
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2002, 10:16:39 PM »

Just saw this one the other night.   I think the deep intellectual discussions of bowel movements rates this one as a bad movie title winner.

Hard to believe somebody produced this back in 1986.
lalalalalalalala
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2002, 01:15:39 AM »

Is anyone forgetting Battlefield Earth, with its nearly constant slow-motion, annyoing blue filters, tilted camera angles, ridiculous plot, and awful acting?
Squishy
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2002, 02:28:10 AM »

Remember, this is a poll for Maxim readers--normal people. People who would not go near something like Battlefield Earth or Glitter if their lives depended on it. Not like us, we masochistic bastards who willingly put ourselves through The Avengers or Megaforce more than once. :) That's why all the entries are fairly recent (unlike, say, Billy Jack)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Maxim's Worst Movies Of All Time « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.