Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:57:52 AM
714230 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Message Board Upgraded « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Message Board Upgraded  (Read 5320 times)
Andrew
« on: July 07, 2002, 11:03:44 AM »

Welcome all!  This is the newest version of Phorum.  I'm finishing up tweaking the code right now; the main thing I have to do is add a "Help" section to the navigation bar.  It will open a window with explanations of how to link to sites or email.  The new version of Phorum could support normal HTML tags, but this way should be better.

The great improvement is that messages with answers "float" to the top.

The URL for the board is now: http://www.badmovies.org/bbs/post.php?f=2  The old board, that was once there, but has not been used in a long, long time, is officially out of here.

Andrew
Andrew
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2002, 12:22:23 PM »

The new installation looks good to go and there is a "Help" link for anyone needing help on how to link websites, bold text, etc.  Please shoot me an email if you run into any problems.

Andrew
StatCat
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2002, 05:23:40 PM »

Definitely like it if the messages with recent replies go to the top like normal boards. I use to reply to things and the ones above it would dissapear for awhile which would get annoying. Also I use to be able to read all of the replies in the thread without having to click on each one on a little menu but now I can't. Strange because I was only able to do it with my webtv and not the computer I have.
Mofo Rising
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2002, 05:37:08 PM »

If you click on "Flat View", then you should be able to get all the messages on one page, instead of threaded.

So, is the text always going to appeared centered on the screen?  My brain's pretty much wired for paragraphs as far reading text is concerned.  Unless it's a Jack Prelutsky poem, I'd prefer to read it in an left aligned block.

No complaints though.  The ability to float threads to the top is one I've been waiting for for a while.
Andrew
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2002, 06:03:14 PM »

I emailed Mofo Rising about the problem.  I have the page set so that there is a table, occupying about 90% of the horizontal.  It is centered, but the text should be left justified inside of the table.

If anyone else is having this issue, could you please let me know - along with the operating system, browser (including version if possible), and resolution?

I have checked it under Win98, Win95, and Winnt using IE5.5sp2 and Netscape 4.7 (will check Opera tomorrow) at resolutions from 640*480 to 1600*1200.

Andrew
StatCat
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2002, 06:16:07 PM »

Thanks I never knew that about flat view, makes things easier.
Abby
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2002, 06:18:03 PM »

Hey Andrew, does HTML work?

Badmovies.org

http://www.badmovies.org

http://www.badmovies.org
Andrew
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2002, 06:24:09 PM »

The newest version of Phorum went to "Phorum Code."  It is just a bbs code, meant to prevent people from doing annoying things like scripting, etc.  You can read a quick tutorial by clicking on the "Help" link that appears above the posting block.

I revamped my Comments code a bit over a year ago to remove the possibility of someone scripting.  I should probably go back and recheck the work I did, just in case something could get through.

Andrew
Abby
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2002, 06:24:25 PM »

Guess I should have read closer. OK, ALL HAIL BB CODE.
Lee
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2002, 08:09:48 PM »

I'm diggin the new message board. Not that the other one sucked. But I like that the recent replies head to the top so that everybody can catch them.
Andrew
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2002, 10:47:17 PM »

This is a clip from an email I sent to Mofo Rising:

With IE 6.0 Microsoft decided to change the way they rendered certain HTML tags.  Never mind that for the last number of  years they had been rendered this way, according to Bill they should be like this...

I made changes to the code for Phorum.  Those should fix the centering problem.  However, other sections of my site probably are screwed up due to this issue.  I will have to download and install IE 6.0 to look over all the pages.

Damn Microsoft.

Andrew
John Morgan
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2002, 09:37:57 AM »

Pictures still work? (Just a test)

John Morgan
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2002, 09:39:15 AM »

Trying again:

[img src=http://members.bww.com/acjmorgan/Godzillainfo/Godzillaj.JPG]
John Morgan
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2002, 09:40:47 AM »

Trying again: again

John Morgan
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2002, 09:41:44 AM »

guess not.  (Or is there something I'm doing wrong?)
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Message Board Upgraded « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.