Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:35:28 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Humanoids from the Deep « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Humanoids from the Deep  (Read 4533 times)
Nigel
« on: April 09, 2001, 05:40:51 PM »

Anyone seen this CHeeeeeeeEEEEEEESy monster movie, I was horrorfied to notice that Andrew didn't have a review up, I hear you, whay don't you write it yourself? Well the answer is I havn't seen it in ages and can't really give a good review,  it would be like "Um, Monsters rape women for reasons that I can't remember" LOL, I just ordered the DVD, will send review when ready.
Andrew
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2001, 06:26:36 PM »

I can never have every movie that readers would like to see reviewed, but it is a glorious goal.

Can do on a reader review, I have this and the remake in my collection of films - though the older one has more charm I think.

Andrew
peter johnson
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2001, 06:32:20 PM »

Okay, I never saw the sequel to Count Yorga -- and I'll believe you when you say how not-fun bad it is -- please try and see the first/original one -- but have you ever seen Humanoids?!?!?
This is real bad crap!
And Andrew says it was REMADE?!?!?
Words fail . . . .
2 slimes .....
Squishy
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2001, 04:47:34 AM »

Yes, it was remade--without the graphic monster sex, to boot! That's like making an "Airport" movie set entirely in a diner in New Jersey after hours--there's nothing else going on. Instead, the female victims hang around in a giant cocoon, waiting to be rescued by the Men and wondering aloud why their tummies hurt(!!!!). God, I honestly don't know which is worse: portrayal as rape victim or portrayal as helpless dumb-as-a-post idiot?

SPOILER:

I'd have to say that the original's ending--the bit with...Ann Turkel, wasn't it?...creeping around the house in terror (with "Humanoids" shown wandering around outside) for several minutes, only to have her run into Doug McClure, ending the scene--ranks as the worst climax to a film, ever. Worse than "Manos." The rest of the movie's not a big load of fun, either.

END SPOILER

Roger Corman once described the psychology of the movie monster: "He wants to kill all the men and rape all the women." This is his great thesis on the subject. Well, that and "Galaxy of Terror" with its giant-maggot-rape scene...

Speaking of which: I'm a sick f*** and a hypocrite to boot. The nasty stuff from the original can be reviewed BY SOCIALLY-RESPONSIBLE IF SOMEWHAT BENT GROWN-UPS at http://galaxy-of-terror.com, devoted to such things. Hey: eat me.
Flangepart
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2001, 10:23:24 AM »

With raw oysters,right?
GeeWhiz
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2001, 08:17:30 PM »

Have I seen it!!!  My god, I have laughed at this film for years.

Besides the fact that "Humanoids from the Deep" has an ugly pacing (1.2.3.startle, 1.2.3. startle), they set it in the worse possible place.  They are telling me that young people run around Noyo Harbour (Fort Bragg, California) in Binikis and Swimming Suits?  Or that they camp on the beach?  The ocean in that area is COLD!!!  The air usually ain't much warmer!  They are more likely to die of hypothermia than monster rape/pregnancy.

Other than that, it's an all around good flick (directed by a woman director).  I own and enjoy the DVD.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Humanoids from the Deep « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.