Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:11:36 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Slapstick (Of Another Kind) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Slapstick (Of Another Kind)  (Read 2498 times)
Mofo Rising
« on: July 06, 2002, 04:52:06 AM »

SLAPSTICK (OF ANOTHER KIND)

Can you say monumentally bad?  It's almost incomprehensible to imagine how this movie ever got made.  To steal a phrase from X-Entertainment, this movie is like watching the rape and murder of everybody you ever cared about.

Well, maybe it's not that bad, but Lord it's not good.  (Extra points if you know where I stole that from.)

SLAPSTICK stars Jerry Lewis and Madeline Khan as. . . well, let me try to describe the plot to you.

The movie begins shots of space with a voiceover from Orson Wells and Madeline Khan.  They are presumable alien intelligences complaining about how the Chinese have misused the emissaries they sent to them.  So they take them back, and cause new emissaries to be born to an earth couple.  Thus Jerry Lewis and Madeline Khan give birth to the ugliest twins ever born.

Flash forward 15 years.  The twins have grown freakishly huge.  The twins are also played by Jerry Lewis and Madeline Khan, and they are sporting some of the most hideous makeup you will ever see.  They are given facial prosthetics and gigantic foreheads covered by terrible wigs.  Comparatively, BATTLEFIELD EARTH seems to be on the right track.  Anyway, when they put their bloated noggins together they are supergeniuses.  Also, said noggins start pulsing like there are brain worms inside, itching to burst free.

Meanwhile, the Chinese, now miniaturized to the size of action figures, are scheming to get these twins to reveal to them the secret of gravity.

It would take a Begg-length review to encapsulate how woefully misguided this film is.  The back of the box bills it as a "tragi-comedy", which just means the long stretches of piteous humor are punctuated by long stretches of piteous melodrama.  The melodrama scenes are brutal.  Don't get me started on the "incest taboo" speech.

Finally, this movie is based off a Kurt Vonnegut novel of (almost) the same name.  Poor Kurt.  How many movies are currently vilifying his name?  To be fair to the movie, it wasn't a great Vonnegut novel.  All the ideas in the movie are in the book.  But screw that, let's not be fair to this movie.  What the hell were they thinking?  All parties involved must share the blame.  Jerry Lewis, Jim Backus, Madeline Khan, Marty Feldman, Orson Wells, the director Steven Paul.  All deemed guilty.

P.S. I just got done showing ths one to a group of my friends.  We watched the whole thing, stupified by the hideousness of it all.  My finest hour.  I didn't have the heart to back to back it with TROLL 2.
Mofo Rising
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2002, 05:04:40 AM »

Mofo Rising wrote:
>
> To steal a phrase from X-Entertainment, this movie is like watching the rape
> and murder of everybody you ever cared about.
>

Whoops.  That's not from X-Entertainment.  It's from The Cavalcade of Shlock's review of The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

And while I'm amending my post, I'd just like to mention how hard it is to find information about SLAPSTICK on the net.
systemcr4sh
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2002, 10:52:12 AM »

Whoever decided to make a movie out that book is insane. What with the erections and incest and what not.

-Dan
Flangepart
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2002, 05:10:05 PM »

Woah...gross! Thanks for the warning, Mofo. Shower...must take brain shower......
Deej
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2002, 07:49:52 AM »

I never had the courage to watch the movie, though I did read the book.The book wasn't that great, but it felt soft against the skin, a must for every bathroom!
DJ
John
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2002, 07:13:26 PM »

I saw part of this movie on cable once. All I remember about it is that I thought the maid was hot. (at least I think it was this movie)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Slapstick (Of Another Kind) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.