Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:58:47 AM
713328 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Should I continue with my website?? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Should I continue with my website??  (Read 4903 times)
Scott Davis
« on: April 09, 2001, 11:48:20 PM »

I was doing a movie review website for a while http://www.qwailoman.8m.com and i was wondering should I continue doing it?

I was doing it for fun, but after awhile, and knowing no-one was visiting I just upped and stopped on Feb. 23rd.

There are still some reviews not up, and I still have all the orginial pages saved on my hard drive.

It wasn't focused on one single genre of movies either, well there are lots of horror movie reviews.

Im think of revamping the site, but if no one visits it, I won't.

Please let me know;
~Scott "The other Scott" Davis
Mofo Rising
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2001, 01:21:06 AM »

Well "Generic Index Page" is certainly fascinating.  Could you provide some URLs that lead to something of more substance?
Scott Davis
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2001, 11:08:59 AM »

If I add more stuff to the pages, I'll eventually run out of room.

And I just want it to be a nice easy page that doesn't require a lot of matinence(SP?) and to make as good as this here page, I'd need someone to help me with it.
Scott Davis
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2001, 11:13:50 AM »

@!#$ @!#$ @!#$!!!!!

I was fooling around with the site last night and didn't release that that page got saved.

No wonder, you asked for more substance.

The old index page should be up now. http://www.qwailoman.8m.com
Abby
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2001, 04:42:44 PM »

That 'if no one visits' business ain't right, son. If you keep at it, you won't need anyone to help you make it 'as good as this here page'. Keeping at it is the name of the game when making webpages. 'Keeping at it' is also the best way to bring people to your site.

You've got a good bit of solid content ... which is a great start. (heck, I designed my first website, then had to come up with content to fill the pages). So I think you should keep it up. But you can't avoid maintenance. Nor should you, if you ask me. That's how you learn how to do it. And trust me: it's really easy to learn. Not to mention that once you're happy with your site, you'll have to promote it, and that takes a lot of work, too.
Scott Davis
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2001, 07:43:26 PM »

Thanks for the kind words Abby.

Oddly enough, when I updated it today, it felt nice. I've been doing movie reviews sites for 2 years, and it just felt right.

Probably in the next 2 - 3 months I'll probably find a better web host, and upgrade the site.
Flangepart
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2001, 10:31:46 AM »

Abby is right. Decide what you want to do, then keep at it. If its no fun, then conciter droping it then, but only after you do what you can to reignite the spark. The best stuff comes from working at it, no way around it, but if you like what ya' do, its worth it.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Should I continue with my website?? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.