Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:46:38 PM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The NeverEnding Pain! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The NeverEnding Pain!  (Read 2179 times)
Andrew
« on: July 09, 2002, 10:51:48 PM »

Okay, I did it.  I watched "The NeverEnding Story III" from start to finish without a break.

Frankly, I'm a little p**sed off here.

Compared to the original, which I still think is a darn fine movie, the film at hand is a monster.  I do not like any of the characters, even Falkor.  The poor luck dragon looked like a cocker spaniel that someone had attacked with a tree trimmer (there was a passing resemblance to Sir Didymus).  He also appeared to be retarded.

What else?  The antagonists in this movie were "The Nasties," a bunch of high school reprobates that get control of the book and the Auryn.  With these they can control reality, in both Fantasia and the real world.  What do they do with this power?  Screw with Bastian, of course.

Along the lines of disturbing:  the Rock Biter (Sr.) either maims a mangy rabbit creature multiple times, or else he kills any number of them.  All this happens for the sake of "hilarity."

I'm adding this to the review list.  Soon.

Andrew
J.R.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2002, 11:23:06 PM »

I was appalled by this...this...ugly bastard stepchild if Wolfganag Petersen's original. The second film was bad enough, but this is just awul. Falcor talks sort of like the dog in the old Davey cartoons mixed with Goofey. "Garsh, Bastian, I don't know about that,". This was shot in Canada, which helps explain its poor quality. I just couldn't believe that little freak son of Rock Monster's. And is it just me or does it seem lieke there's a huge continuity problem with these movies: In the end of part one Bastian is given that little grain of sand that grants him infinite wishes, yet it's never mentioned again. He even uses Auryn to make wishes in the second. What the hell? He could have wished to have his mom back or anything. It seems like there weren't supposed to be sequels, which seems like a smart plan given the last two wastes of time.
TammyL
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2002, 12:57:06 AM »

The first movie was a great one. I agree there should not have been a sequel made that differed from the way the original ended. But unfortunately that does not seem to stop Hollywood from doing whatever they want to make a sequel. I have seen a sequel to Snow White and Cinderella, neither should have even been thought of. But to turn around and make a third one that makes no sense what-so-ever. Hollywood is just too money hungry or stupid to realize when to quit.
jmc
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2002, 02:35:47 AM »

Good Lord, they made a third one?  I couldn't sit through the first one when I was a kid!
systemcr4sh
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2002, 12:14:12 PM »

Is the third one the one with Jack Black? He was like, the leader of the nasties right?

-Dan
sm
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2002, 02:34:59 PM »

Yeah the sequel was bad and frankly I had no idea there was a III in existance. Off but on topic, something has been HAUNTING me for years. Whenever this movie is mentioned I think of it.

Does anybody know what the name of Bastians mother was? Obviously her name wasn't spoken in the original excep[t for the one scene when he screams it out the window during that  storm. (I never really got into the sequel enough to notice if it was mentioned). I tried reading his lips and adjusting the volume but dammit! It's just one of those little things in life I don't need to know, I'm not really a fan of the original enough to care..but I can't let it go...because it's just yet another one of those little details of a movie left unanswered for me. I HAVE to know.

Susan
http://www.geocities.com/smvgrey
Mofo Rising
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2002, 02:57:15 PM »

I was under the impression that he yells out "Moonchild".  Not a very beautiful name in my book, but whatever.  Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
Vermin Boy
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2002, 04:47:56 PM »

You're a better man than I. I tried watching it with a friend a few years ago, but we realized that, even as bad movies go, we had better ways to spend our time (I think we made it to around the part where the Rock Biter and his son are cruising around to Born to be Wild. Ugh.)
John Morgan
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2002, 06:02:36 PM »

NEVER ENDING STORY!  AAAAHHHHHHAAAAAAHHHHHHAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

WILL IT EVER END????!!!!????!!!!!

I couldn't stand the first one,  every few minutes they came up with some stupid name for some stupid item.  The name usually had more vowels than any other letter and had to be explained for it's significance.  Everything was the "Something of Something" or the "Thingamagig of Somethingorother."  

OK the first one was tolerable, but it didn't need a sequel.  THEN THEY MAKE A THIRD???!!!???!!!  AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2002, 10:58:55 AM »

I agree with everyone else. There was a definite decline in quality as the series progressed from I to III. The II being worst then the I, and the III being worst then the II. And it need not have been that way, if the filmmakers had gone back to the book. As the first one only covered the first half of the book, leaving the secnond half of the book to be filmed for the sequel. Which we'll probably never get now. Enjoy!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The NeverEnding Pain! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.