Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:16:01 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  All Right. Which One of You Did it? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: All Right. Which One of You Did it?  (Read 2059 times)
Cullen
« on: July 15, 2002, 07:01:39 AM »

Fess up.  Someone out there's gone and offended someone.  Or some thing.  Might as well own up now and make a clear breast of it.

I was surfing the web when I came across a rumor, a rumor that was soon confirmed as fact.   Octopus 2: River of Death.  As if the first film actually made money.

So who did it?  It was that whole "Godzilla Movies Sucks" thread, wasn't it?  You all know that director Honda originally wanted a devil-fish to attack Tokyo in the original film.  And we all know what that a devil-fish is, now doubt we?

That's right.
An octopus.

The movie spirits have been offended, and now we all have to pay.  In soul shattering pain

I hope you're satisfied.

Yes, Octopus 2 is coming, along with several other killer animal movies of little note.  Now, if sequels are worse than the original, how bad is this one going to be?

I ain't gonna watch it.  YOU watch it.
raj
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2002, 10:13:01 AM »

Well, with the news about this real fish that can walk on land, and life out of water for three days, suddenly Octopus 2 doesn't sound so fake:
(sorry for the URL wrap-- do a news search for  "Northern Snakehead" )

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20020712/ap_wo_en_po/us_alien_fish_1

Gee, a real live land walking voracious meat eating fish.  All that is needed is for it to live downstram of a nuke plant, where the radiation enables it to grow to 12 feet long. . .
Flangepart
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2002, 11:52:52 AM »

AAAAGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! NUKE IT......NUKE IT TILL IT GLOWS............KILL IT BEFORE IT SPAWNS AGINE!! I BEGG OF YOU!
Cullen
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2002, 04:05:54 PM »

"Northern snakeheads can live three days out of water and even walk short distances on their fins in search of food."

Neat!  Learn something new every day.

I knew the octopus could live short times out of the water - damn smart creatures, too, as a matter of fact - but fish?  That's neat.
Steven Millan
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2002, 06:24:58 AM »

I wrote a post for "Aliens Vs. Predator",and nobody visits it(maybe I should have wrote:"Paul Anderson Must Die!!" as the subtitle,and millions and millions would have packed it full).
                  And,no.........."Octopus" put me into a full coma,fifteen minutes into the movie.
                  Even Jim Wynorski and Albert Pyun would have culled out a far more entertaining movie.....
raj
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2002, 10:11:16 AM »

You're welcome.  Now, how do we cast this movie.  You've got the babe who works for the Dept. of Natural Resources, hunting this creature (of course she wears tight shorts & top.) Then there's the ignorant sheriff (who gets munched) and his deputy (smart guy, falls for the DNR babe).  Also the teenage couples who go to makeout point conveniently located by the mutant fish (most of them get munched). And the sinister nuke power plant guys, who don't want anyone to know they've been illegally dumping radioactive waste (three guesses at to what happens to them).

Of course, the fish do lay eggs, so there is always the possibility of sequels.
And this movie could always claim to be "based on a true story" even if the only true part is that there is a fish that can live out of water for three days.
Flangepart
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2002, 10:35:23 AM »

Humm....The snakehead even has a cool name to start with. Nice plot synopsis, Raj. Hey, diden't they have an EP. of the original OUTER LIMETS with such a "Bear"? Yeah, they did! p**sed 'em off, and they bored a hole through a dam to get one of thier own back, i think.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  All Right. Which One of You Did it? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.