Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:36:04 AM
713327 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Food for Thought « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Food for Thought  (Read 3538 times)
Susan
« on: July 15, 2002, 03:50:44 PM »

So you like sequels and remakes? I can't hear you! Yeah well..no wonder. Here's some movies you'll most likely be seeing in theaters in the next few years.

Batman: Year one
Batman Beyond
Catwoman
Wonder Woman
Superman (The next movie)
Riddick: Pitch Black 2
The Commitments 2
Godzilla 2
True Lies 2
Goonies 2 (sloths revenge?)
Grosse Pointe Blank 2
Battlefield Earth 2 (wasn't one enough?!)
X-Files 2
Jumanji 2
The Mask 2
Pretty Woman 2
Mission Impossible 3
Under Seige 3
Blaire Witch 3 (prequel)
Romancing the Stone 3
Rush Hour 3
Scary Movie 3: Episode 1: Lord of the Brooms
Jurassic Park 4
Beverly Hills Cop 4
Rocky 6
Mad Max 4
Lethal Weapon 5
Child's Play 5

And these? Well...

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (CGI)
Fat Albert (hey hey hey, the 70's-80's cartoons are making a comeback)
Herbie the Love Bug
The Incredible Shrinking Man
3001: A Final Odyssey
Isle of the dead (starring burt reynolds!)
Rocky Horror: The Second Coming (i have a little problem with the subtitle!)
Farenheit 451
The A-Team

So..who wants to start? Comments anyone?
Neville
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2002, 10:35:50 AM »

Island of the dead starring Burt Reynolds? That's an interesting concept, I mean, he plays a zombie or something? He can't be worse than in "Striptease".
Neville
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2002, 10:37:40 AM »

Shame on me, just realised I confessed to a woman that I have seen "Striptease".
That's too much, even for THIS webpage.
Chris @ Stomp Tokyo
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2002, 10:49:28 AM »

Production on Fat Albert is currently at a standstill. Per Coming Attractions:

April 5, 2002... Production on the Fat Albert was halted yesterday due to a "conflict of visions" between director Forest Whitaker and screenwriter/creator Bill Cosby. 20th Century Fox says that the stoppage is temporary but as is the case in these kinds of situations, the project could be effectively over.

""[Forest] and Bill truly had creative differences in the way they see the movie going -- it's just about directionally seeing the movie differently," said Fox spokesman Jeffrey Godsick to The Hollywood Reporter. "It's an amicable departure, and, at this point, it's just been put on hiatus."

http://www.corona.bc.ca/films/details/fatalbert.html
Vermin Boy
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2002, 11:02:03 AM »

Is that Rocky Horror movie different from the TV remake coming out later this year? (which manages to blow Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Dawn of the Dead out of the water in the "pointless remake" category)
raj
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2002, 11:45:19 AM »

Actually I watched part of it with a friend and his wife (also a good friend)  She wanted to see it too.  We all agreed early on that Demi's fake tits didn't look that good.  We turned it off shortly after her striptease.  I guess that puts it in the same category as Air America, Rentals Too Awful to Finish.
Susan
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2002, 11:57:34 AM »

It's amusing that burt reynolds made such a fuss to begin with after "boogie nights" came out about how hollywood discarded him. Now he goes onto movie projects like this. But..uh..who knows? Don't be ashamed for admitting you've seen striptease - i'm under the assumption that almost every man has seen a movie with either "strip" or "Tease" in the title. But anybody who saw demi's full frontal nudie scene in "About last nite" and thought she was still like that were probably in for the shock of their life.  When will women of hollywood learn? That nobody really ever got an oscar or boosted their career by playing a stripper.
Just prostitutes. ;-)

>> Fat Albert was halted yesterday due to a "conflict of visions" between director Forest Whitaker and screenwriter/creator Bill Cosby<<

LOL! That doesn't suprise me. Cosby probably wants the family version, whitaker probably wants to make them slightly demented and maybe the guy with the mop on his head will be a professional hitman for hire.

I'm not sure i'm reading for a rocky horror sequel, AMC was showing the original movie last nite a few times. I just don't think all these years later I need to see Tim Curry in pantyhose..if that is the 'vision'. I don't know about the tv remake so I couldn't tell you but considering the rocky horror was the longest running movie in history in theaters it's really no big suprise a sequel was coming, just suprising how long it took. No raunchy looking characters this time i'm sure, but then again who knows how they'll cast it. Maybe we'll see Ice T and L L Cool J...lol
Susan
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2002, 12:03:43 PM »

Btw that "incredible shrinking man" won't be like the original b&w that was somewhat dark and not a comedy. It will probably be more like "The incredible shrinking woman" with lily tomlin. If i'm not mistaken eddy murphy is cast. They're going to ruin every classic sci-fi! The sad part is most younger folks anyhow won't even realize there WAS an original. I liked how the movie ended, him still shrinking..a world uknown. I always wondered how long he went on. Was he eaten or drown in a puddle, or maybe got so tiny that he couldn't even breath in oxygen molecules anymore! I shudder to think how small he could have gotten..since i've always wondered how infinate small could be.  stay away from radioactive mist kids.
Drezzy
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2002, 12:28:36 PM »

As for the sequels/remakes/continuations I'd like to go see:

Batman: Year One
Batman Beyond (say what you will, but the cartoon rocked in its first season)
True Lies 2
Mad Max 4
Lethal Weapon 5 (I love all of these movies)
Ninja Turltes (CGI)
Fat Albert (only if they do it South Park-style, when South Park had Fat ABBOT...they were all the same characters, but talked ghetto and acted as if they were gangstas)
Chadzilla
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2002, 01:31:52 PM »

Yep, Stallone wants to send the red skinned, red blooded, all Native American killing machine after Osama Bin Laden!

Through Richard Crenna and R. Lee Emery in there you have a winner.

I'm sure a Men in Black 3 is in the planning stages in some super secret board room meeting as I type this.

Blair Witch 3 looks promising.  The original creative team is back and the movie will focus on the first film's intricate faux folk lore (the child killer, perhaps?) rather than making a movie outside or a movie kind of thing that was attempted with Book of Shadows (come Artisan, give us that director's version - I'm sure it's fascinating).
Susan
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2002, 01:50:29 PM »

Well let's just hope stallone sticks to Rambo and doesn't decide to reprise "Rhinestone Cowboy"

Any movie like Men in Black with a rather aimless plotline that can easily be sequeled and as grossed as much money as it has will sequel until oblivion. In fact you see how popular it is for movies to sign onto "Trilogies" before the first one even hits theaters. We've truly created a generation of sequels.
What about:
"shawshank redemption 2": After escaping from prison to mexico, two friends are thrown into a mexican prison

Btw how many Psycho's did they make before they killed the film with the colorized remake? And you know, sometimes sequels do a film more harm than good, take something away from that originality that made the film so good. I only pray hitchcock died before the sequels came to life. (seems his Birds movie was sequeled or remade a few times too)

Nobody has mentioned..who's lookin forward to "Battlefield Earth 2"?!
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2002, 02:27:22 PM »

BATMAN: YEAR ONE is being directed by Darren Aronofsky, so it could be good.  I still doubt it, though.

BATMAN: BEYOND.  Fine if it's animated.  You know, I might be interested in more superhero movies if they were animated.  Live action just doesn't interest me.  (It too often reduces superheroics to some doofus in a stupid suit.)

THE COMMITMENTS 2.  What?

THE GOONIES 2.  I postulated a sequel for this a while back.  All the original Goonies had grown up, and it was their kids who got in an adventure.  This will probably lead to parents and kids being in the same adventure situation.  Bad idea, but probably inevitable.  Movie execs, know why Goonies is so popular?  No parents, just kids!  Bad, bad idea.

RUSH HOUR and MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE are the new LETHAL WEAPON's.  Disposable action franchises.  That being said, no more LETHAL WEAPON's.

TMNT could be cool if it's more like the original series than it's later incarnations.  Oh, and they should bring back Vanilla Ice.

All the rest of these movie ideas suck.  Not one shows a single germ of an original idea.  Whoever green lights these should be beaten in front of their children.

P.S. They remade THE LOVE BUG a few years back with Bruce Campbell.  And any A-Team movie damn well better feature Mr. T.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Chadzilla
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2002, 02:38:41 PM »

There were three

Psycho II - written by Tom (Child's Play, Fright Night) Holland and directed by Richard (Link, Cloak and Dagger) Franklin.  An old fashioned an underrated suspense/mystery movie.

Psycho III - written by Charled Edward (The Fly/86) Pogue and well-directed by Anthony Perkins (that man had an eye for atmosphere, it also had one of the best in camera set segues I have ever seen, a brilliant moment)

Psycho IV-The Beginning - Written by Joseph (Psycho script) Stefano and directed by Mick (The Stand, Sleepwalkers) Garris.  A prequel that completely trashes the back story of Bloch's novel and Hitchcock's film.
Susan
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2002, 02:50:12 PM »

>>THE GOONIES 2. I postulated a sequel for this a while back. All the original Goonies had grown up, and it was their kids who got in an adventure. This will probably lead to parents and kids being in the same adventure situation. Bad idea, but <<

Yeah, it would be like "Spy kids" or something. Tho I am curious as to what became of Chunk.  maybe if they did recast all the old actors are really screwed up people trying to relive their childhood adventures it has the potential of being SO bad that it could be good.  Just as long as cory feldman keeps out any michael jackson dance sequence. ;-)  I don't think i'd want to see another version with kids, i have no doubt they'd be "cute child actors" and probably alot of special effects. Too bad the actress who played the villian died.

Mr. T Will probably have a role in the new movie, but I wonder if actors like samual l. jackson or something will be cast. Mr. T is on those commercials lately. Does this mean ALF will have his own movie soon?

Personally I'd love to see a movie "for adults" about the sadistic true life stories of the smurfs. Maybe it's me. ;-)
Neville
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2002, 06:28:02 AM »

About Demi Moore: A reviewer stated, after suffering "Striptease" that Demi had managed to build the oppossite of a standard Hollywood career (actress version), that is, starting with decent supporting roles (Ghost, Mortal thoughts) and ending with roles where the main attractive was her breasts.

Personally, what I found specially nauseating of Striptease it is not that everything on it is cheesy, but the cardboard "feminist" message they painted all over it. C'on, do you think people is that stupid not to realise the main attraction (and the reason the movie was made) was to show naked women? And they call this "feminism"?
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Food for Thought « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.