Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:59:46 PM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Will Smith Sucks!! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will Smith Sucks!!  (Read 3054 times)
Tommy
« on: July 17, 2002, 12:53:14 PM »

Will Smith Sucks!!
Men In Black II was alright, but I’d like to see Chris Tucker in the role.  Will Smith just has a Knack for ruining potentially good movies.  Maybe it’s just because he acts the same in all of them.  He killed Independence Day, was a lousy Jim West in Wild, Wild West and made Ali look funny.  I really liked the “Legend of Baggar Vance,’ although I couldn’t picture Will Smith as a wise, mysterious cabby... I kept thinking, “why is the Fresh Prince giving Matt Damon golf lessons?”  Morgan Freeman, who was suppose to take the part, would have dotted the “i” in this movie.  Willie is a favorite with young kids, so he gets dibs most of the time.  But kids will grow up, it’s time willie did too.
Susan
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2002, 12:59:04 PM »

>>Will Smith just has a Knack for ruining potentially good movies. Maybe it’s just because he acts the same in all of them. <<

"Ali"..."Six degress of seperation"??

I think it's Chris Tucker you're thinking of who is basically acts the same in all of his movies. That man's whine could break glass

systemcr4sh
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2002, 01:13:26 PM »

Well, I think susan said it best.
Chris Tucker is usually reallllllly annoying. I woulden't say that Will Smith acts the same because he does different styles of movies. Comedy, drama. I don't think he was trying to be funny in Ali, But he was in The Men In Black movies (although I for one don't think he succeded).

-Dan

"Evil will always triumph, because good, is dumb"
-Spaceballs

"Now life's like a b-movie, That no one wants to see,
Here comes the zombie, Portraying me."
     - Dillinger Four
The Shawn Man
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2002, 01:33:15 PM »

I Agree and disagree with the will smith theory. Yes, he gets an unfais advantage with most roles, he was a lousy Jim West, but never EVER say he is worse than Chris Tucker ever again!
Chadzilla
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2002, 01:34:40 PM »

Putting forth opinion for discussion amongst movie fans is on thing, but hurling insults at others like Sara, who just wanted the name of a movie she haf remembered, to which you responded with...

"Sara, you seriously need to move on with your life."

If I were a rude troll such as you then I would repy the same to anyone of your posts, but it is obvious we are of entirely different character.  Callously insulting someone who simply makes a inquiry (irregardless of whether you think the movie is worth remembering or not) is simply WRONG.

I henceforth boycott your meaningless and stupid posts, which clearly are not intelligent opine ut forth to encourage discussion among movie fans, but are simple inflammatory doggerel meant to get people into hissy flame post fits.  Tiresome, immature wannabe hip posers such as yourself are making message boards a chore to enjoy.  I also encourage all to ignore you...

Thank you, have a nice life.
Will
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2002, 01:37:47 PM »

Yeah, regulate, Chadzilla. Right on.

All the movies you named would have been awful with or without Will Smith, though I agree he does suck. Chris Tucker? Also suck.
Steven Millan
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2002, 04:26:52 PM »

Ah:There's something that we both can fully agree on,Tommy,for everything you say about Mr. "Parents Just Don't Understand"(I'll forever remeber him for that 1989 pop rap hit)is ringingly true.
               The only Will Smith that does ever rule is 70s B movie legend,William Smith:why he doesn't get anymore beefy roles in any type of movies,I'll never know.
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2002, 06:31:21 PM »

Tommy does seem to like subjects that will bring out arguments, doesn't he?  Overall, that is fine.   I think that I would recommend he be a little more tactful when remarking on other people's taste in movies.

In plain English:  We don't have to agree, we just need to be polite about it.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Abby
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2002, 10:22:02 PM »

Cut Will some slack. He's a local boy who made it good. He and Joey Lawrence. And The Hooters. And The Blob.

I don't think he's ruined anything not already doomed from the outset by a poor script sand inane casting agents.

Remember, kids, the people who brought you TREMORS are the ones to blame for Wild Wild West.

Moreover, Smith was responsible for every entertaining moment in MIIB. There were only maybe four entertaining moments combined but they're all his. He was the only lively thing in Men In Black II that wasn't computer generated.Tommy Lee Jones looked like a Romero zombie. Seriously, he looked like he was spaced out on Oxycontin.

Personally, I just wish Will would stop rapping the closing theme of every movie he stars in.
durbster
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2002, 07:24:07 AM »

Andrew wrote:
>
> In plain English:  We don't have to agree, we just need to be
> polite about it.
>

I don't agree with that ;)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Will Smith Sucks!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: osmosis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.