Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:13:58 PM
714247 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  When movies become too violent « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: When movies become too violent  (Read 13932 times)
John
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2002, 06:01:36 PM »

>ones more because they're not as predictable. Mostly it was just a grab of the
>arm and would send us to the chamber. (which was our room. Back then it was
>punishment..we didn't have tvs, vrcs and game systems in them to keep us
>occupied..it was hell! Plus we practically lived outdoors as kids.)

I was never much of an outdoors person. Too hot in the summer, too cold in the winter. Fall is good, right around Halloween.

I was always afraid that my father would get mad and smash all my stuff. I used to have a plastic Mickey Mouse bank that I'd put any loose change into and after several years, it must have weighed 5 pounds or more. It always sat on top of a chest of drawers, which got a little cluttered, but not that bad. Also, for Christmas one year, I'd gotten a large, snap-together model kit of a Tyrannosaurus Rex, which was my favorite thing at the time and which was standing on the floor next to the chest. One day my father told me to clean the top of it. I didn't think it was bad at all, but I took a few things off, straightened up the rest and thought I did a good job. My father came in later, saw that it didn't meet his definition of 'clean', whatever that was and just took his arm and swept everything off the top of it, including a glass ashtray (both my parents have always smoked heavily and there were ashtrays in every room in the house). Of course the heavy bank landed right on top of the dinosaur model sending pieces flying in every direction. I didn't realize it at the time, but it didn't actually break, it just came apart. My father didn't care though. You have to understand that anything that isn't important to him, just plain isn't important, period. He has very little consideration for others.

>o/~ memories..out of the corner of my mind, misty water colored memories..of
>the way we were

Were? He's still like that. A few years ago, he got p**sed about something and broke all but one the new coffee mugs that my mother had just bought a month or so before.

His favorite thing to say is that he has to walk around on 'eggshells' for fear of upsetting everyone. Of course he never stops to consider that when other people get annoyed they sulk, pout and act crabby, when he gets annoyed he basically throws a tantrum. He explain this as he has to 'vent'. Like I said, he has very little consideration for anyone else.

>I don't really remember much..lol. I think he threated for us to get out of the car
>and he was leaving us but i think they calmed him down and we moved on. ;-)
>thank god or i'd probably still be somewhere in arizona.

Oh darn! And I thought it was going to be something juicy! ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  When movies become too violent « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.