Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:45:28 PM
713352 Posts in 53057 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Christine VS Maximum Overdrive « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Christine VS Maximum Overdrive  (Read 5213 times)
Patrick
« on: April 12, 2001, 01:04:49 AM »

Which one of these two Stephen King killer automobile movies is worth the rent? Or are they both good? I thought I'd get an opinion before renting one of them.
Cullen
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2001, 01:32:58 AM »

"Which one of these two Stephen King killer automobile movies is worth the rent?"

I'd say both of them are, but out of the two, the only one I'd recomend is "Christine"

"Or are they both good?"

"Christine" is not one of John Carpenter's better flicks, but it's one of the better Stephen King flicks.   I've always thought it was as good as the novel (but not in the same ways).

"Maximum Overdrive" is the best movie Stephen King ever directed, which is a really sad thing to say.  While I like MO, there is no way I can, in good conscious, even imply that it's good.

Hope that helps.
Mofo Rising
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2001, 01:46:25 AM »

I never really watched  CHRISTINE.  I could never get into it.  Probably because it starred that goofy looking guy from the eighties.

MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE I like a lot.  Yes, it's terrible, and you never here anybody say any good things about it.  Not even Stephen King, and he directed the damn movie.  I like the watermelon smashing.  I like the kid and the steamroller.  I like the AC/DC soundtrack.  And I gotta like the green goblin truck.

Idolize Lisa Simpson?  She's in this movie as the most annoying woman alive.  (Hey she was also in LEGEND OF BILLIE JEAN, which also starred Keith Gordon, aka. Goofy Eighties Guy.  Six degrees. . .)

And why did Emilio Estevez have a career?  He didn't really do anything much better than this.

All in all, MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE is terrible.  But I like it a lot, for more than it's cheese value.  Of course, this is a childhood favorite, so my opinions are probably biased by the trusting innocence of youth.  Hell, a quick IMDb search shows an average rating of 3.9, which is brutal.

You're probably better off with CHRISTINE, but I recommend MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE.
El Chupacabra
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2001, 01:51:52 AM »

"Why did Emilio Estevez have a career?  He
didn't really do anything much better than
this"

My friend, you are forgetting one of the
best movies ever made: REPO MAN!
Mofo Rising
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2001, 02:35:27 AM »

El Chupacabra wrote:
>
> "Why did Emilio Estevez have a career?  He
> didn't really do anything much better than
> this"
>
> My friend, you are forgetting one of the
> best movies ever made: REPO MAN!

You're right, I did forget REPO MAN.  But was there anything else?  Anything?

-Mofo Rising thinks LOADED WEAPON I is hilarious.
Abby
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2001, 04:17:23 AM »

To Mofo: Ah, Billie Jean. 'FAIR IS FAIR!!' God, I swear that flick FOLLOWED me on TV for years. Every time I turned on the tube ... there she was. A puffy-faced Lisa Simpson. Announcing that she wasn't shot ... she just got her period. The horror!

Speaking of Sheen horrors, Emilio hit it big with Breakfast Club ... Outsiders before that. Lots of Brat Pack Crap.

Repo Man rules, though. All Hail Mike Nesmith!

I never cared too much for Christine or Max. Overdrive. Maximum is fun on that 'how did this get made?' level, though. The short story 'Trucks' is a lot of fun, but I always preferred King's shorts to his novels. Christine is just boring, as are  'Firestarter,' 'Cujo,' 'Cat's Eye' and the heaps of other mediocre 80's King flicks.
Gerry
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2001, 05:48:23 PM »

How about the great futuristic stinker FREEJACK, starring Emilio and Mick Jagger!  Now Mick, there's a man who never had an acting career.  And thank the gods!
Andrew
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2001, 06:45:52 PM »

It is the more enjoyable movie in my humble opinion, though "Christine" is a better movie.

Andrew
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Christine VS Maximum Overdrive « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.