Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:49:58 PM
714377 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Any interest in T-shirts? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Any interest in T-shirts?  (Read 9431 times)
wuggles451
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2002, 01:25:37 PM »

t shirts!!! hell yes. as for lessons learned how bout, ninjas can be used as crystals

Deena
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2002, 02:27:07 PM »

Hello!  I think shirts are a great idea!  I wanted to add my 2 cents in on lessons learned that would be shirt appropriate.

Brains can be used like a stress ball, but only once (Lexx: I worship his shadow)

Catatonic grandparents are only biding their time, waiting for a chance to traumatize the children when you aren't looking (Silent Night, Deadly Night-- one of my all time fav movies!!)

I was also wondering if you are always accepting reader reviews, becuz I am itching to write one, just trying to find the appropriate movie.  

Also, if anyone is in Bloomington, IN (or surrounding areas) Plan 9 video, has an AWESOME selection of bad movies and the owner will converse with you about good bad movies.  (It's on Kirkwood across from the Trojan horse)

Deena
GeeWhiz
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2002, 04:40:19 PM »

I have to admit that I love the idea.  My wife just groaned, but then she'll probably want one too.

Now the logistics of collecting the money and shipping the shirts may be an issue.

Here are a couple of my favorite "lessons" that haven't been mentioned:

"Nobody ever listens to the wiseman." (Army of Darkness)

"Queen made at least one pact with the devil." (Flash Gordon)

"Never p**s off the guy holding the Electric Knife" (Rocky Horror Picture Show)

I do suspect that it is going to be hard to pick the best lessons for the shirts.
JohnD
New Visitor

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2002, 05:22:55 PM »

Yep!
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2002, 08:34:05 PM »

Deena said:
"I was also wondering if you are always accepting reader reviews, becuz I am itching to write one, just trying to find the appropriate movie."

Sure am, just receiving more than I can possibly post - so I have to make difficult decisions.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2002, 08:38:36 PM »

GeeWhiz said:
"Now the logistics of collecting the money and shipping the shirts may be an issue."

I have some ideas to make it feasible.  I can, of course, take MO and checks mailed to my Badmovies.org post office box.  Also, I have a PayPal account.  Last, but not least, Amazon.com has their ZShops, which would be a great way to make things easy for anyone who wants to pay with a credit card.

Shipping is not a problem.  You can buy large bundles of padded envelopes at Office Depot.

Hopefully I will have a course of action worked out by next weekend, have to check out some business in the area that do shirts.  What I will do is make "runs" of each Lesson Learned.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Callysto
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2002, 08:42:30 PM »

My husband and I both love the idea. Plus we agree they need to be a bit longer in length.
Some of my favorite lessons are:

In the future sexual gratification is achieved by taking a pill and holding hands. (My thoughts exactly...)
Public suicide chambers need to be clearly marked
Having some woman smoke me in a bong is the stuff nightmares are made of-BARBARELLA  

If today's church service involves roasting kids alive you might want to leave your daughter at home. -THE BEASTMASTER

Aliens with bird like ships should stay well clear of Earth during duck season. Especially you, yeah you, darn Romulans
Four star generals should not use the phrase, "I'm barely holding my fudge." -THE ADVENTURES OF BUCKAROO BANZAI ACROSS THE 8TH DIMENSION (One of my husbans favorite films, god help me)

Women are much less attractive when they are talking about a pimple on their ass.
Girls - Never turn turn your head abruptly when someone is applying lipstick to you.
 Cops leave their cars unlocked with keys in the ignition-C.H.U.D.

""I always try to save the best for last, but in my opinion you need to jump NOW!!!!""
Susan
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2002, 08:45:32 PM »

I'd be wary of padded envelopes. Having worked for a business from teh shipping end the us. mail rips up and damages alot of mail. You can buy cheaper in bulk from ULINE than office depot and if you wanna charge a flat rate of shipping (say $4-5) then that would cover the expense of shipping priority (in which case you can use their boxes for free at their basic rate at about $3.90) Then buy some wrap like bubble wrap cheap to carefully wrap the contents within the box. They have various size boxes. Just a suggestion. I wouldn't trust a flimsy padded envelope for my life from past experience.

Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2002, 11:56:07 AM »

I see a very good idea here.  Why not have two or three lessons on each shirt?  The price is going to be the same, since they charge you a flat rate for the silk screening.

I will also look into a lighter color, like a gray or light green, for everyone in hotter places.

Thank you Callysto and Mofo!  And thanks to everyone who has suggested lessons.  I had forgotten about some of them, must be getting old...

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
JohnD
New Visitor

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2002, 05:55:28 PM »

I can vouge for Andrew in the design department. He has original ideas and can put them to good use on a t-shirt.
Flangepart
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2002, 06:32:13 PM »

Well, its offical....we want T's! I'd like green on white for summer, and green on black for winter. Also, would you have a Marine patch to recomend with some T's, like for a Marine charity with phone number? Or would that be tacky? I know a B-movie kindd of guy who's Dad and Bro are Marines, and it might be a nice extra.
Deej
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2002, 03:10:25 PM »

Racial tension is easily fixed with a liberal application of bleached flour--Billy Jack

If it looks like a man-eating plant then it probably is a man-eating plant. (The Angry Red Planet)

What a GREAT idea!! I'd stand in line for one or two...or.....
DJ
Future Blob
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2002, 03:12:43 PM »

I'd be interested, sure. Just out of curiosity, is there some legal reason that you couldn't put quotes from the movies on the shirts? I like the lessons idea, I'm just wondering.
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2002, 03:20:39 PM »

i like the "attack of the killer klowns" listed above..."special effects need not be so special."

i also like:

DRUNKEN WU TANG: "alcoholics never make it as wine tasters."

-mr. henry

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2002, 03:27:06 PM »

I would be proud to wear a T based on this site, all my shirts are for crappy punk bands, and they're falling to pieces, so I need new shirts any way.
 Also I have learned many things from visiting this site regularly. Among them, I'm not the only b-movie freak around (I"m okay....You're okay). And secondly, Staff NCO's have a sense of humor (at least one does). Can't wait for the shirts!!
 And another thing..I think all of Susans ideas for Lessons Learned were FRIGGIN HYYYlarious!!!

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Any interest in T-shirts? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.