Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:19:21 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  video games to movies or vice versa « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: video games to movies or vice versa  (Read 6824 times)
BlackAngel
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2002, 01:00:57 PM »

This game has to be made in a movie: Syphon Filter
Susan
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2002, 02:39:40 PM »

John -

Just checked and not sure what I have. I have a 7800, vic 20, 64..probably another one somewhere but the atari in question has no version written anywhere on it so I can't tell. I might have the pamplet it came with somewhere (I still have old game pamplets) but dead end..even got the first magazine that featured the first computer system or something..I think it's valuable from what I heard but so many things I don't wanna dig up.

My eye caught some of the games, Missle Command was another one that was popular. I always hated the donkey kongs type games with levels and people jumping around (even hated q-bert). I remember the early computer games before windows where you'd either have basic solitaire or toher games but also those mystery games where you type in the command you want them to do...like a written adventure. I used to get so frustrated because i couldn't get the commands right. One of my favorite games was probably some beta nobody ever heard of. I had it on my comptuter and it was a man in a house (two story) and you could type in commands and he might or might not do it. Oh...how many hours I spent trying to type in just the right thing so he'd use the toilet! It didn't come with instructions or commands he'd follow so you had to use your imagination.

I don't own any new game systems either. Just played some dreamcast games on someones system and I was laughing so hard at the taxi game I could barely play. With a game like that i'd never play to win..just to drive over people and crash into store windows.

Chadzilla
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2002, 05:32:57 PM »

I'd love to see a movie of that.  And Dino Crisis, it would be just like Jurassic Park or Carnosaur series, so somebody would through money at it.

That and Resident Evil (the kind that Romero would make).
Luke Bannon
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2002, 03:49:14 AM »

Yeah, Dino Crisis would rule! I heard they're making a second Resident Evil game, which will actually be based on one of the games.
Squishy
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2002, 06:59:07 AM »

I warn you right now: Hollywood execs are reading this page trolling for "ideas."

Coming Soon: John Malkovich IS...Pac-Man!!!! (I'm lying. But Adam Sandler WILL be playing Jin "Two Sheds" Kazama in the $400 million parody "Enter De Tehhhhhken," coming out in 2004 from New Line. No, wait, I'm lying again.)

Gamecube has the Godzilla fighting game "Destroy All Monsters Melee" coming out soon...it's got several Toho monsters doing lots of "Tekken/Soulcalibur"-style moves, which is pretty scary, as is makes Megalon look like a bad-ass.
Chadzilla
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2002, 12:43:14 PM »

hehehehe
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2002, 05:21:36 PM »

IS not.  Don't even joke about.  The roach is a wuss.  Plain and simple.

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
John
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2002, 02:51:46 AM »

-Susan

>Just checked and not sure what I have. I have a 7800, vic 20, 64..probably
>another one somewhere but the atari in question has no version written
>anywhere on it so I can't tell. I might have the pamplet it came with somewhere (I

I just had a bright idea (which I should have thought of long before this!), go here;

http://www.atariage.com/2600/archives/consoles.html

And see if any of them look like the one you have.

>sill have old game pamplets) but dead end..even got the first magazine that
>fatured the first computer system or something..I think it's valuable from what I

I have a bunch of old catalogs, magazines etc. too. I even have a glossy ad for one of the cartridges for the Coleco Telstar Arcade. This was a huge triangular console with pong knobs on one side, a steering wheel and shifter on the second, and a gun on the third. The cartridges were made out of metal and snapped into the center. Not very reliable though, the pack-in cartridge never worked right and after a while the gun would register a hit no matter where you pointed it. The games were sub-2600 quality.

>My eye caught some of the games, Missle Command was another one that was
>popular. I always hated the donkey kongs type games with levels and people
>jumping around (even hated q-bert). I remember the early computer games

I liked some of them. I loved Loderunner on the C64.

>those mystery games where you type in the command you want them to do...like
>a written adventure. I used to get so frustrated because i couldn't get the

Text adventures! Now called 'interactive fiction' or IF for short. People are still writing them. In fact, there are a couple free programming languages for writing them. I always wanted to write my own, but since they never saw fit to create any utilities to ease the tedium of having to write the entire thing by hand, I never had the ambition to try.

>commands right. One of my favorite games was probably some beta nobody
>ever heard of. I had it on my comptuter and it was a man in a house (two story)
>and you could type in commands and he might or might not do it. Oh...how many
>hours I spent trying to type in just the right thing so he'd use the toilet! It didn't
>come with instructions or commands he'd follow so you had to use your
>imagination.

That would be Little Computer People by Activision. I liked it, but I was disappointed that it was so limited. They ask you to enter the time, but even if you tell it that it's 4am, the guy never sleeps. Magazines hinted at more interesting things happening, like him inviting friends over, but that never happened in mine! My guy did use the bathroom a lot though. After he'd come out, he'd wash his hands for like 3 minutes. Being clean is one thing, but this guy was obsessed about it. I also had a couple programs that would let you reset it to the way it was when you first ran it, so that he'd movie in again, and one to let you swap out the character for others. I think it only recognized a few commands, or maybe it just looked for keywords. I could almost always get him to play a game, play with the computer, and play music. Oh, if you wait too long between delivering food, water or pet food, he'll write lots of letters telling you how glad he is that you make sure he and his dog have enough to eat (hint, hint).

>I don't own any new game systems either. Just played some dreamcast games
>on someones system and I was laughing so hard at the taxi game I could barely
>play. With a game like that i'd never play to win..just to drive over people and
>crash into store windows.

I liked playing Rogue Leader (Star Wars X-Wing game) on the Gamecube. I figure I'll wait until the current systems become classic systems and then I'll probably be able to pick them up cheap. I don't even own any from the NES/Sega/Turbografix era.
Susan
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2002, 03:26:13 AM »

Hm, I do remember my parents bought my atari used. Looks like the one I have is Atari VCS - CX2600A

I remember one of the commodore games i was addicted to was Rat Race. God..memories.  It doesn't say on that site how much they sold for but they must have not been cheap. I remember back then anything electronic and new was expensive. Microwaves were hundreds of dollars, heck our first crappy VCR was $800 and weight about 800lbs. Amazing what they go for now.

I looked for that computer guy program on the internet..because I remember I played it on my computer..someone loaded it on for me years and years ago with atari games too. It was amusing, sometimes i don't need a score to have fun. Tho I admit I had an arcade obsession at centipede with making sure my initials was always on top each time i went. I think I held a record for months once and then I went back and saw someone had knocked me into second place. His initials..was FUQ

John
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2002, 05:03:45 AM »

>Hm, I do remember my parents bought my atari used. Looks like the one I have
>is Atari VCS - CX2600A

Ok, classic 4 switch woodgrain model. :)

>I remember one of the commodore games i was addicted to was Rat Race.

I played that a couple times, but didn't really care for it.

>God..memories. It doesn't say on that site how much they sold for but they must
>have not been cheap. I remember back then anything electronic and new was

I think the Atari was like $200 originally, although I could be mistaken.

>I looked for that computer guy program on the internet..because I remember I
>played it on my computer..someone loaded it on for me years and years ago
>with atari games too. It was amusing, sometimes i don't need a score to have

You can see screenshots from it here;

http://screenmania.retrogames.com/c64/01/c64_0025.html

And you can download a copy of the C64 version here;

http://www.abandonkeep.com/games.php?GameID=89

You'll need a C64 emulator to play it. Another page says that an IBM version was never released. They made an Amiga version though and I'm sure copies are floating around the net.

>fun. Tho I admit I had an arcade obsession at centipede with making sure my
>initials was always on top each time i went. I think I held a record for months once
>and then I went back and saw someone had knocked me into second place. His
>initials..was FUQ

I never got that good at the arcade games. I was never willing to put that much money into them. Plus, they were a lot harder than the home versions. :)
Susan
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2002, 12:36:39 PM »

I thought that little people might be it but it's not. The game I played on the computer (years ago, probably 90s) was installed for me apparently from being found on the net someplace. I think it was just a fun beta or something created, I don't know. The graphics looked better, I mean like a cartoon with edges - you could literally see both stories of the house the guy lived in. Given the layout of the house looks like this guys it might have been a spin off from it to the computer world.

John
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2002, 06:08:47 PM »

>I thought that little people might be it but it's not. The game I played on the
>computer (years ago, probably 90s) was installed for me apparently from being
>found on the net someplace. I think it was just a fun beta or something created, I
>don't know. The graphics looked better, I mean like a cartoon with edges - you

Hmm, I'll have to do a little more searching. I felt sure that was it.

>could literally see both stories of the house the guy lived in. Given the layout of
>the house looks like this guys it might have been a spin off from it to the
>computer world.

Not sure what you mean here. Little Computer People WAS a computer program, for the C64 and Amiga. Or did you mean a spinoff for the IBM computer world (Intel, Windows etc)?
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  video games to movies or vice versa « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.