Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 07:04:24 PM
714189 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7733 Members
Latest Member: Mamie94489
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  An ugly story « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: An ugly story  (Read 6025 times)
Flangepart
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2002, 06:13:44 PM »

Man.....can't think what to say. I gotta agree with Abby. She said it pretty well. A real friend would offer you the first dibs on those sites. (Sigh). It just sucks. I like the wprk on the B-masters sites, but i'll never forget this shafting of a good guy. Under the circumstances, you showed class, Marine. The Corp. should be glad to have you. I know i do. Keep up the good work, ya' old jarhead:)
frannie
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2002, 06:16:21 PM »

Andrew wrote:
, but I am not an entirely brain dead Marine.
>
>

I thought that was the only type of Marine.

(From a guy who grew up in an Army house)
Abby
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2002, 07:06:29 PM »

>> Honestly, during our phone conversation, Mr. Holland asked me what I wanted to do. I said that it would take me some time to calm down and that our relations would be frosty until enough time passed.  What broke my back was his quickly putting up a domain at Badmovies.net and then deliberately insulting me with a broken link and salt-in-wound description. No way was I going to let that pass, I had not even begun to calm down as it was. <<

Well, I don't envy your position in that decision. You should never have been put in that position -- not by a colleague. If it were me, I would have done something similar -- I would have suggested a cooling off period during which the domain would remain in stasis. If I was a tokyo stomper, I wouldn't have launched anything without your consent at that point.

In light of the collaborative work y'all have done,  registering the domain without your knowledge was s**tty; launching a domain without your sign-off is unacceptable.

It's not about being paranoid, either. Because up until now, I never thought any webmaster had a need to watch his/her back. At all the sites I visit, there's a sense of camaraderie. This camaraderie existed between Badmovies.org and the various Stomp Tokyo entities. Backscratching as opposed to backstabbing. That's the way it should be in like-minded circles. And the web is based on this sense of camaraderie. The Cabal most surely was based on this principle. Those who wanted to break the communal spirit on the web so they could eat the pie by themselves ... those people all failed.

So yeah, it's a foolish chain of events in respect to community opinion. It raises eyebrows. And my brow isn't raised in Andrew's direction.

URGH!! Geez, can you tell this stuff got under my skin? Reminds me why I'm an anti-social loner.
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2002, 12:25:36 AM »

Anything I say is rather irrelevant (and would be redundent in any case) but I felt I should say that my days of haunting That Other Page are numbered.  A part of that is because of this mess, but another part is that I haven't been liking their reviews of late.  I can't say what it is; they don't seem that diffrent.

In any case, it's rather sad for me.  That Other Page was the first web Movie-Review place I hit on a regular basis.  End of an age, for me, I guess.

Like I said, my comments here matter very little one way or the other.

Hope the rest of the year goes better for you, Andrew.

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
J.R.
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2002, 09:10:41 AM »

Kill him. Kill him and wear his flesh. Enter doors to which his flesh is the key and right the wrongs. Taste the flesh. Savor the sweet, delicious subtleties of victory.
Nathan Shumate
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2002, 10:28:54 AM »

I just wanted to mention that, when, Andrew announced that he was pulling out of the Cabal, I decided to follow.  Not because of the disagreement itself; assigning right'n'wrong blame is something I try not to do when it's not my call.  But Andrew was the principal instigator of what became the B-Masters Cabal, and I felt that if he didn't feel he could stay in the clubhouse he built, then I (whom he had originally invited) couldn't in good conscience stay either.  I can confirm that Andrew was very careful not to even imply a "Choose ye this day" ultimatum; he simply announced that he could not continue in the forum of association.  And I decided that a B-Masters without Andrew would be an empty hanger-on, like a weak eighth season of a sitcom.

(I note in passing that coldfusionvideo.org and .net are still available...)

Nathan
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2002, 11:01:18 AM »

perhapse the guys with the sneakily-nabbed domains could put up "B-masters" link pages at the controversial domains. a class move would be listing badmovies.org first and the others in equally prominent type.

it seems to me that would iron out a few wrinkles and work toward eliminating the dark cloud that will inevitably bee over the next b-fest.

-mr. henry

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

J.R.
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2002, 11:20:57 AM »

Kill him. Kill him and wear his flesh. Enter doors to which his flesh is the key and right the wrongs. Taste the flesh. Savor the sweet, delicious flavor of victory.
Deej
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2002, 03:04:42 PM »

Never liked them other damned ole websites anyhow! This is by far the superior site, and I will absolutely be here on a daily basis as I have been for the last year or so. Can we kill him...can we?
DJ
Future Blob
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2002, 03:51:02 PM »

I concur that the actions Andrew has listed sound pretty immature and annoying, as well as seem to be without real benefit to him. I also never liked that site, and have mainly restricted my reviewing to this site, Nathan's, and Liz's. That is certinally not going to change now that I've read this.
raj
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2002, 04:29:35 PM »

I must concur with the others who've found this to be the better site.  I probably stumbled across the others first a couple of years ago, but for some reason this is the site I kept coming back to.

Shame on those who are so underhanded, may the only movie they can ever view be Glitter.
Lee
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2002, 02:04:02 AM »

I use to think that StompTokyo was just a lame site, now I know it's a lame site run by a***oleS!!!! May Chris and Scott writhe in Hell with their stupid site.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  An ugly story « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.