Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:29:56 AM
713408 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Ship of Shame « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ship of Shame  (Read 1353 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: July 23, 2002, 11:31:13 PM »

Good stuff arrived on Monday, a Movies Unlimited order.  Of all the cursed things, "Grizzly" was put on back order.  I am starting to get an itch to review that movie.  When you need a rocket launcher (or was it a recoilless?) to take out a bear...

Among the movies was the "Sex and Buttered Popcorn" DVD set.  We watched the first disc last night, which included "USS VD: Ship of Shame."  It is a 1942 film made to educate military members about STDs.  In general, the crew gets shore leave and a large number of them come down with various ailments of the John Thomas.  With so many in sick bay and a number denying their symptoms, the destroyer falls prey to a Japanese submarine.

Lessons Learned:
Carry more than five rubbers, especially after being at sea for several months.
Never, ever pick your lady of the evening by using the speed limit method.
Doc knows that you did not get gonorrhea from a toilet.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
XxSilverHxX
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2002, 02:41:19 AM »

How much was the movie? I read a review of it not Ship of Shame but the Butter popcorn one i know its the same anyways....How is it?
Flangepart
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2002, 11:27:20 AM »

It was definatly a LAWS. a 66mm war head....hardly worth the bother..........rather have a Panzerfaust..............
Ken Begg
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2002, 12:16:08 PM »

They showed this at B-Fest late one night.  The groans of the audiences, mine included, as we reacted in weary horror to shot after shot of infected male gentials remains prominent amongst my memories of past events.

As Andrew has alluded, I'll never forget the following exchange:

Embarrassed Sailor:  "I must have got it from a toilet."
Cynical Doctor:  "That's a funny place to take a girl!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Ship of Shame « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.