Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:23:29 AM
714358 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "bigfoot and wildboy" « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "bigfoot and wildboy"  (Read 4239 times)
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« on: July 29, 2002, 09:42:22 AM »

anyone know anything about this old tv show? i just ordered a tape of the first two episodes.

all i know is it was a late 70s show---saturday morning i think---about a kid raised by bigfoots.

based on that alone, i have to check it out.

-mr. henry

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

Foywonder
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2002, 11:22:53 AM »

Bigfoot looks like a cross between Chewbacca and Jesus. He always runs in slow motion with this faux SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN sound effect/music playing. Also, he can perform super jumps all of which are realized through the same effects shot of him leaping into the air. You will see the same footage recycled everytime he jumps. He doesn't speak English, but does yell and grunt things in an old Native American language. His facial expressions consist of the following: staring,  vacant stare, surprised star, confusion, alarmed, constipated, and really constipated.  

Wildboy is basically a Tarzan-type with Robin's fashion sense. Actually, he looks like a guy who would use the word "dude" a lot.  He has no special abilties other than his trusty sling and ability to get himself into situations that requires Bigfoot to come save him.

The villains they battle are essentially of the Scooby Doo variety only not nearly as menacing. The plots are so simplistic and moronic that it actually makes the ones on Power Rangers seem as well structured as the one's on Kolchak The Night Stalker.

It ran for 1 season in the late 70s and was one of the last shows brought to us by Sid & Marty Krofft. I've yet to decide if the show is so bad it's good or just really, really bad. One thing is for certain, the three episodes on the tape I saw were really really bad. You can decide for yourself. One thing is for sure. You've never seen anything quite like Bigfoot & Wildboy and, one can only hope, never will again.
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2002, 12:28:17 PM »

i am now waiting---with anticipation---for the tape to arrive.

thanks for the knowledge.

BTW: i never thought of it before, but the raised-by-bigfoot /kids-meet-bigfoot type plot seems to be a genre. i know i've seen several on IMDB from the past 7 years or so about kids meeting bigfoot. seems almost as popular as those darn wacky monkey movies that come out every so often.

i guess bigfoot is the only "monster" legend that really lends itself to the plot possibilities. i mean, you couldn't have the loch ness monster raising a kid. or giant alligators in the sewers (although i almost think i've heard of a flick about that one).

-mr. henry

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

Abby
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2002, 02:19:48 PM »

Bigfoot and Wildboy is freakin' incredible!!!!!!!!!!! It's more than just a show; it's a religion.

I bought a used two-episode tape at a NYC comic con for 75 cents back in 1997 -- and I cannot tell you how much joy that tape has brought me. In fact, the first night I bought it, I watched it with a comic book artist friend -- who invited like twenty people over to see it that same night. Thus, the tape had the power to spur an entire party. It's actually my favorite tape to whip out at parties to this day.

I bought the Kroft video boxset just for the "rare" Bigfoot and Wildboy episode. So I own a mere three episodes. I do remember when it aired as a kid. I think it ran two years -- one year as part of the Kroft Superstar Hour and another as its own entity. Once it was solo, I stopped watching it (yes, I thought it too dumb to watch as a six year old).

It's got more slo-mo running, jumping, and paper mache rock throwing than you'll ever see in your life. The theme music is unforgettable. The best of the two-episode tape I own is the story with Boss Hog. It even has misplaced sexual innuendo at the end!!

Your life will never be the same once you watch the tape. You're leaping into  a brave new world.

Myyaaabbbaahhhh!!!
Vermin Boy
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2002, 03:47:12 PM »

I'd like to see a show about a child being raised by chupacabras. ,:)
Flangepart
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2002, 05:40:34 PM »

Or maby a show about a Big foot raised by humans...oh,wait..."Country bears"....my bad! Oh, i know....A  mentaly challanged T.V. exec, cared for by a family of Weasels.....no, wait......lawyers! Darn! I just can't think of the two seperatly.... Ah Ha! I have it.....a C.H.U.D. who becones a Morman Missionary! It could work!....why are you all stareing at me?.......
Foywonder
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2002, 07:32:43 PM »

I think they'd call it:

"The Adventures Of Chupie & Goat Boy"

I think "Goat Boy" sounds a lot better than calling him "Suck Boy" don't you?
Foywonder
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2002, 07:35:37 PM »

I think that would be called:

C.H.U.M. - Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Mormans
Vermin Boy
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2002, 08:10:30 PM »

Either way, he'd have to be played by Jim Breuer...
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2002, 06:21:02 PM »

C.H.U.M. The story of a subterranian creature who finds gawd. Starring Danny Devito as the creature, and Chrstian Slater as the Missionary. Guest stars Charlton Heston as Ed Norton at the Parting of the Red Sewer.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Brock
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2002, 06:40:30 PM »

I love them goooooooood.

Bigfoot and Wildboy isn't one of their best shows, but it is pretty funny because it's one of the few that takes itself seriously.  No laugh track to be found, when "Bigfoot" may be one that would have benfited from it the most.  So melodramatic.

I remember one episode I saw where they were in some caves with a vampire, and she kept disguising herself as a regular woman...The only difference between them is that the Vampire has her collar flipped up on her cape, the regular girl has it flipped won, but still happens to be wearing a freaking cape.  Of course, the vampire was wearing blue jeans, so I guess it evens out.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "bigfoot and wildboy" « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.