Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:45:08 AM
714234 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Most overrated movies « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Most overrated movies  (Read 8516 times)
J.R.
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2002, 05:55:04 PM »

LOTR ruled and you sir have no taste. I find most Oscar contenders suck. Traffic, Erin Brockovich, Moulin Rouge, Titanic, A Beautiful Mind, etc., all crap.

And Silence Of The Lambs. An above average thriller but was it the best movie of 1991?
Lee
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2002, 12:03:58 PM »

Hey J.R., bite me!
Steve
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2002, 07:08:16 PM »

MATRIX, THE - Live-action anime. Too bad I'm not an anime fan.

TITANIC - They wasted all those great FX on an overblown romance novel?

SILENCE OF THE LAMBS / HANNIBAL - "Sir" Anthony Hopkins grinning wickedly & acting peculiar in front of a young lady. I don't get it.

BRAVEHEART / GLADIATOR - Get your history straight. Try again.

Anything made by M. Night Shymalan - He's a ghost. He's a superhero. Fine. Why does it take you 2.5 hours to make your point? The Twilight Zone did it in 30 minutes & did it better.

Anything made by Quentin Tarantino - Watching bad people talk about everyday topics does not make them cool. It makes them boring. Get to the point.

Anime in general - He's misunderstood. He's a rogue warrior given one last chance to make right. She's a lonely princess no one understands. She's a feisty princess no one understands. Gee, how many movies have I just described?

SAMAURI JACK - Nice gimmick that wore itself out by the 2nd episode.

SURVIVOR / BIG BROTHER / MOLE / [insert reality show here] - Everyone's a backstabbing a$$hole. I learned this is elementary school. What else is new?

Any Stanley Kubrick film - Yes, nice camera angles. Now try & make it exciting.

SCHINDLER'S LIST - Beating a dead horse dead, part XXIII.

Any film with either Denzel Washington or Morgan Freeman playing the "wise" or "disadvantaged" African-American stereotype.

That's all I can think of off the top fo my head. Bye.
J.R.
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2002, 07:38:19 PM »

No one bites a dwarf!
Luca Brasi
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2002, 04:46:50 AM »

Frederico Fellini . . . god lord, how many semi autobiographical movies can one man make that focus on the horrendously boring, only to attempt to convince the viewer through excess and flambouyancy that what were watching is interesting!  . . . and why is he so obsessed with fat . . . err. . voluptuous women! and George Lucas, good salesman, no doubt there, overrated director . . . except for "Howard the Duck" of course, that was a real winner!

I am the Lindberg baby! . . . and yes, i have abandonment  issues . . .
Lee
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2002, 11:36:57 AM »

Funny(sarcasm).
Drezzy
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2002, 01:33:53 PM »

**sniff, sniff**

I like Howard The Duck...
XxSilverHxX
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2002, 05:55:39 PM »

Howard the Duck...All I rememebr was the female ducks breast...i liked that movie.
Luca Brasi
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2002, 08:10:07 PM »

it's a shame overrated lucas didn't get together with overrated speilburg to make a movie about howard the duck in a concentration camp . . . or getting balsted apart storming omaha beach . . . or getting devoured by a shark . . . or getting crushed by a rolling boulder . . .  what was lucas thinking? "hey, ive gotta make a flick about a creepy, horney duck! and its not enough to have a creepy, horney duck, it has to be a creepy, horney duck that wants to have sex with humans! . . . lets make the duck an alien too!"

I am the Lindberg baby! . . . and yes, i have abandonment  issues . . .
J.R.
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2002, 10:46:25 PM »

Howard The Duck scared me when I was younger. Seeing Mr. Rooney from Ferris Bueller all possessed was disturbing to me. And just where does Tim Robbins get off being so politically outspoken? No one who appeared in such a horrible film has any right to tall anyone how to think. Same goes for Alec Baldwin, Martin Sheen, George Clooney, Barbara Streisand, etc., etc.
jmc
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2002, 12:00:00 AM »

CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON didn't do much for me.  Okay, so it's an action movie that isn't totally retarded.   I didn't see what was so special about it, and I'd rather see real martial arts than all that flying around crap.  

Just about all Robert Altman films, with the exceptions of MASH, THE PLAYER, and OC AND STIGGS.  

I generally like the Coens, but BARTON FINK epitomized everything that is bad about independent film.

I didn't like MAGNOLIA much either.  

I kinda agree about Wes Anderson's films...I like them, but they seem to lack a basic humanity, and that keeps me from really embracing them.
durbster
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2002, 12:23:29 PM »

Four Weddings and a Funeral.  

I don't know if the US really did like it (I'm sure critics did but what does that mean?).  I found it one of the most painful experiences of all the films I've seen.  I have never seen the end of it as I had decided that they had taken three quarters of an hour from my life, and that was enough.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Most overrated movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.