Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 09:44:05 AM
714259 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7737 Members
Latest Member: NannieHime
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Price for used videos « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Price for used videos  (Read 2095 times)
tyler
« on: August 01, 2002, 08:47:49 AM »

What's a good price to pay for used videos at video stores?  There is one by me that is selling off some old VHS copies (they look to be in pretty good shape) for $5.00 a pop, but I think thats a little much.  Just wondering what people think is a good deal.

Tyler
Nathan Shumate
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2002, 10:10:10 AM »

Five dollars isn't too bad, depending on the movie, especially if it's one you've been trying to get ahold of.  (If you see, say, Night of the Creeps for that price, FOR GOD'S SAKE GRAB IT AND I WILL PAY YOU BACK DOUBLE!!!)  But given that I'm a certified Cheap Bastard, I usually hold onto my money until the price is a buck-ninety-nine or less.

Nathan
mmv3000
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2002, 11:22:20 AM »

$5 is still a nice price. Up until about a year ago, $10 was the average price, but with DVD catching on so fast, $5 is around the average now and isn't a bad price at all.
Brock
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2002, 11:45:54 AM »

I saw Night of the Creeps in a pawn shop about a month ago for $5, but I passed it up for "The Crawlers" and "Kingomd of the Spiders"...I bet you anything it'd still be there, though...
tyler
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2002, 12:12:54 PM »

Thanks everyone.  I just saw another one near me going out of business thats selling tapes for $1.98.  I'll check that one out.  Brock, if they have Night of the Creeps I'll pick it up for ya. : )

Tyler
systemcr4sh
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2002, 02:41:36 PM »

I pay anywhere from 4.99 - 6.99 at the shop around here, I've seen a few for 7.99 and they had a box set of a bunch of the old dracula, frankenstien, Creature from the black lagoon movies and the like for like 20 bucks (there was about 5 or 7 movies in there) but I didn't have the money at the time. I haven't been there in a while I'll probably go down there sometime soon

-Dan

"Evil will always triumph, because good, is dumb"
-Spaceballs

"Now life's like a b-movie, That no one wants to see,
Here comes the zombie, Portraying me."
     - Dillinger Four
Vermin Boy
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2002, 03:26:09 PM »

Funny you should mention that... I found a used copy of Night of the Creeps a few months ago for about $6.99 (at the local Shlockbuster, believe it or not). I picked it up, but I still haven't gotten around to watching it.
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2002, 03:37:47 PM »

5 is my limit for used tapes...unless it's out of print and hard to find online. most places warranty used tapes for around 30 days. if the manager or owner is around and there are a lot of movies you want to get, you can usually haggle the price down quite a bit.

independent stores are really making room for dvds lately. a lot of 5 dollar tapes are being remarked in stores near me.

good luck.

-mr. henry

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

Richard
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2002, 04:10:35 PM »

$5 is a pretty good price for used videos, although sometimes I'll find them at the used video shops for $3! When I find them for $3.00, then I'll grab them, because at that price it's just about the cost of a rental. I've been very lucky checking out some used video shops as of late, I found a bunch of old OOP Horror videos for only $3 each, I guess now most video stores are getting rid of their old Horror/Action films, so keep looking, some of these video stores don't know what gems they are getting rid of.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Price for used videos « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.