Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:01:50 AM
713393 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst Villains « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Worst Villains  (Read 9451 times)
peter johnson
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2002, 09:39:37 PM »

oh, if you lot were serious, you'd name burt (batman) ward as harry hodgkins jr. in robochic --
Lee
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2002, 01:06:19 AM »

I couldn't tell ya. I never saw D&D.  I hear it is really awful though.
John
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2002, 05:14:07 PM »

>LOL! No i didn't see it. I saw when MTV gave him the Lifetime Achivement award.

I'm pretty sure that was the segment I was thinking of. They introduced it as if it was going to Clint Eastwood, then after the part about making women scream, it shows a clip from a movie with him getting into the car and the girl screaming.

>Speaking of Clint Howard - wasn't he in the "Land of the Lost" tv series as Cha
>-Ka or did that monkey-boy just resemble him? God was that silly, slow-moving

I loved that show! I liked how you learned all this weird stuff (what color crystals to use for light, how to open the pylons, the pacuni language), how Enik thought the sleestaks were his ancestors, but they turned out to be his descendants etc.

>sleestaks. What family goes on a routine expedition on white water rapids? Was
>sort of the Gilligan syndrome, someone always accidentally ended up there and
>they always helped them back but alas..they could never make it all-together
>themselves. I think that show gets one of the worst marks for special effects -

Actually, at the time, I thought the special effects were pretty good. At least the dinosaurs didn't look like stop-motion puppets.

>anybody remember the t-rex dinosaur? lol

You mean Grumpy? :)
Susan
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2002, 06:33:27 PM »

>>Actually, at the time, I thought the special effects were pretty good. At least the dinosaurs didn't look like stop-motion puppets. <,

That's because they were men in rubber suits. ;-)

Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2002, 05:05:26 AM »

Susan writes:

"I think that show gets one of the worst marks for special effects - anybody remember the t-rex dinosaur?"

Hey, I love that t-rex.  A cherished childhood memory.  Watched that show all the time.  If I can catch it on TV I still watch it.

Which is pretty sad, when you think about it.

The animation was a combination of stop motion and puppets (at least in my...that is, the first version), and in some respects still stands up fairly well, overall.

Well, the stop motion does, anyway.

I will also go further and defend the dinosaurs of Land of the Lost and say that they are far from the worst dinosaurs presented on television.  That (dis)honor I would give to two shows:  the movie It's Alive ( a man in a mime suit with ping pong ball eyes) and the Doctor Who episode "Invasion of the Dinosaurs" (you could have called them puppet dinosaurs if the people who were making them spent any more money.)
Back on topic - Speaking of bad villians, one of the worst in Doctor Who history appeared in the episode 'The Happiness Patrol."  He was called the Kandyman and he was a robot made in the shape (and, to a dregee, out of) candy.

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
yaddo42
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2002, 06:12:14 AM »

I used wonder why people gave me heat over the special effects in Doctor Who, when so many of them were fans of Land Of The Lost growing up. Even when I was little, I couldn't stand how cheesy LOTL looked. To this day, I've never been able to sit and watch an entire episode.
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2002, 11:30:28 AM »

I've always loved watching Doctor Who.  I think it has some of the neatest stories in Science Fiction TV history, and that it was at one point the best Science Fiction show, period.  But sometimes the special effects weren't so special.

The funny (and sad) thing about Doctor Who was that, once the effects started to improve, they canceled the show.

As for my fondness for Land of the Lost, well that's a case of "loved it as a child."  I'm not sure if, had I first seen it as an adult, I would like it at all.
Another Worse Villian - The movie studio guard in the movie Hobgoblins.  He isn't a villian according to the flick; in it he's just a "funny" old man.  But think about it:  he's known for years about these dangerous stuffed an.. I mean creatures.  And yet he doesn't do anything about them until after he has been fired.  In other words, people getting killed is fine, but lose my job over you and that's that...

God I hate that movie.

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst Villains « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.