Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:46:33 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Charlies Angels « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Charlies Angels  (Read 5921 times)
Scott
« on: April 14, 2001, 09:50:08 AM »

Just watched CHARLIES ANGELS. I like the film.  It had a fun energy to it. I was rooting for Lucy Liu as she was great. She was also in SHANGHAI NOON with Jackie Chan last year. The martial arts scenes where fun in both films.
Fritz
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2001, 10:06:05 AM »

It's a pity it got such bad press, it was so much better than Mission Impossible 2.
The soundtrack was fantastic too.
Scott
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2001, 10:12:48 AM »

Yes, the music was good.

I still haven't see Mission Imposible II,  it's very low on my list of things to see. Actually I may just wait till it shows on TV sometime.

Next martial arts film I have rented for tonight is ONCE UPON A TIME IN CHINA starring Jet Li, i've heard its very good.
Fritz
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2001, 10:19:06 AM »

ONCE UPON A TIME IN CHINA is a great film, Jet Li's best by far. Jackie Chan played the same character in DRUNKEN MASTER (Wong Fei Hung) in fact theres over 100 movies about old Wong.

Mission Imposible II is very slow moving, most of the film consists of Tom C looking lovinly into Thandy Newton's eyes.
Scott
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2001, 10:24:54 AM »

Can't  wait to see ONCE UPON A TIME IN CHINA.

My next future martial arts films to rent are EMPORER AND THE ASSASIN and GEORGEOUS(chan).

I've seen and own a EP copy of the original DRUNKEN MASTER.  It was good and I would have enjoyed it better had the tape been alot better. Why do they bother making EP tapes? What a waste.
Fritz
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2001, 10:31:35 AM »

Drunken Master is huge in Britain, the region 2 DVD is fantastic, it's packed full of everything you need to know about Jackie and Wong Fei Hung.
Scott
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2001, 10:35:23 AM »

Fritz have you seen CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON? Its a pretty good film. You'll like it.
Scott Davis
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2001, 10:49:52 AM »

OUATIC is so awesome! I loved it.

Gorgeous is super cool. The lead female is damn hot!!

CTHD rocked. I wished it won best picture instead of Gladiator.

Newly released Tokyo Raiders is cool. There's some b***hing slow-mo fight sequences that blew my mind. The first 10 minutes alone made the movie cool.

If you liked OUATIC, you should see The Legend, better known as Fong Sai Yuk. There's some awesome fighting in that.

Fist of Legend is great too.

Twin Warrors, is also great. A nice period piece with Michelle Yeoh. I friggin' love her.

As for Chucks Angels, it was surprisingly good. Nothing beats balant T&A!
Fritz
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2001, 10:53:02 AM »

Funny you should ask that, I was taking a friend of mine to the cinema a few weeks back and she picked Charlie's Angels over CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON because she said and I quote " CROUCHING TIGER is just mindless kung fu"

I'm gonna try and see it in the next week.
Fritz
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2001, 10:56:51 AM »

Have you 2 ever seen The Heroic Trio, that has some great wire work and some of the top Hong Kong actresses (Michelle Yeoh,Maggie Cheung and Anita Mui) and one of the strangest stories I've ever seen.
Scott Davis
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2001, 11:12:02 AM »

Do it. You won't regret it.

I have a review of it, that I can add to the site.
Scott
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2001, 11:16:05 AM »

Yes, ScottDaivs I have seen FIST OF LEGEND and I think its one of the best martial arts films ever. FIST OF LEGEND is Jet Li's best so far, but then again I will be viewing ONCE UPON A TIME IN CHINA tonight, so I'll let you know tommorrow.

Twin Warriors was a good film and yes Michelle Yeoh is one of my favorite all time actresses. Did you ever see her do the motorcycle jump onto the train in SUPER COP and i was over joyed to see her do that James Bond film. She is so great and yes Fritz I have seen both HEROIC TRIO'S and Maggie Cheung is very nice.

ScottDavis I will keep my eye out for TOKYO RAIDERS and THE LEGEND. Thanks. If you get a chance check out DEADLY CHINA DOLLS it has interviews and clips of all the Hong Kong actesses. You won't be disappointed if you see it.
Scott Davis
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2001, 11:49:22 AM »

Have you read the books by Stefan Hammond? Sex Zen and A Bullet to the Head and Hollywood East?

They're both about Hong Kong Cinema. Great reads, and fairly cheap too.  I got both of them for roughly 35 bucks canadian, probably 25 US.

If you can find them, get them.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Charlies Angels « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.