Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:53:57 PM
714218 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Kevin Costner's last 10 films/ grosses « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Kevin Costner's last 10 films/ grosses  (Read 3596 times)
lester1/2jr
« on: August 11, 2002, 12:11:45 PM »

1 3000 Miles to Graceland (2000) $15,738,632  
2 Thirteen Days (2000) $34,566,746  
3 For Love of the Game (1999)  $35,168,000  
4 Message In A Bottle (1999)  $52,799,000  
5 The Postman(1997) $17,592,000  
6 Tin Cup (1996) $53,900,000  
7 Waterworld (1995) $88,200,000  
8 Wyatt Earp (1994)  $25,052,000  
9 War, The (1994) $16,551,000  
10 Perfect World, A (1993) $31,200,000
lester1/2jr
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2002, 12:39:57 PM »

a little out of date, but what 's changed since then?
Steven Millan
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2002, 01:12:53 PM »

So,where does that put his last,most recent film "Dragonfly" at?!
Will
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2002, 03:23:41 PM »

$213.41

ha ha h aha
Squishy
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2002, 04:26:24 PM »

According to the IMDb, as of April 7th "Dragonfly"s US gross was less than $31 million. My God, "Waterworld" is the top-grosser on the list. He must perform a LOT of humiliating acts to keep finding work...

(There are some who would endlessly defend "Waterworld," but damn. I was channel-surfing the other day and came across it, during a scene in which a small plane was circling Costner's boat, anchored to it by a line. The pilot leans out and tries to break the line by shooting it where it's anchored to his plane (behind the cockpit). When he fires, the bullet somehow nearly hits Costner back on the boat. If the utter stupidity of that doesn't immediately strike you, draw a diagram. Remember, the plane is circling the boat and the pilot fires directly at the rear of his own plane. The whole movie, and any given point, is that stupid, but my favorite bit will always be when Costner Our Hero threatens to drown a little girl for using his crayon. *snicker* )
lester1/2jr
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2002, 10:57:57 PM »

Considering how much Waterworld cost to make, 88 million is probably worse than all the others.
J.R.
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2002, 02:56:32 AM »

13 Days is the only Costner film I like. The only bad thing about that movie is Costner's accent, so I guess I just don't like Costner. He's too damn white. I'm pretty white myself but his honkey-tude offends me.
Neville
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2002, 10:17:41 AM »

Squishy wrote: "He must perform a LOT of humiliating acts to keep finding work..."

I would humiliate myself for 15 Million of $ right now. Can you help? About Costner, he is an OK actor, so I guess the way of getting out of trouble (suppossing somebody who earns 15 Millions is actually in trouble) is start making movies wich don't suck. As easy as that.
Fearless Freep
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2002, 11:41:05 AM »

>> but my favorite bit will always be when Costner Our Hero threatens to drown a little girl for using his crayon. *snicker*

Costner wasn't really the Hero in any traditional sense, at least not at that point.  Remember, he also almost traded the woman for sex in exchange for goods.  He was the protaganist is the sroty, but not the Hero untill close to the end.
NavySailorX
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2002, 11:44:30 AM »

Man, Kevin Costner really stinks. I never did like him that much anyway.
Neville
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2002, 12:09:41 PM »

Costner is not a great actor, but he's been pretty good now and then (he is almost excellent in that Eastwood movie, "A perfect world"). However, since he became a star most of the movies he is in are just vehicles, and that looks pretty dumb to me because I think Costner doesn't excel in anything in particular.
AndyC
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2002, 12:31:34 PM »

It's the collossal ego that makes Costner movies especially bad. Witness Tom Petty's cameo in the postman, in which he tells our hero that he used to be somebody important, but the Postman is the man now. I don't remember his exact words, because I just caught that part in between dozing off. Really bad though.

I think when any actor becomes rich and famous enough to do whatever movie he wants whatever way he wants, trouble isn't far behind. Prove that you can win awards and bring in big bucks, and you'll be handed enough rope to hang yourself. I can think of a few actors who made better movies earlier in their careers than they did after a few years of stardom.
Neville
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2002, 12:39:42 PM »

AndyC wrote: "I can think of a few actors who made better movies earlier in their careers than they did after a few years of stardom."

Yeah, sure, just watch Harrison Ford. Can't believe he accepted appearing in flicks like "Devil's own" or "What lies beneath". Funny fact: even in those pieces of crap, he acts well. I hope "K19: The widowmaker" is better than those or "Air force one".
Biscuitrocious
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2002, 04:39:49 PM »

Costner is the most interchangable actor making that kind of money. Hell, J.T. Walsh had more screen presence, and he was considered a character actor.

Costner's shining moment in Waterworld is when his home/posessions, etc, get torched. How does he react?

"My boat."

Like someone asked him what time it was.

"It's ten til four. My boat."

And he's balding ungracefully.. let it go, Kev. You're old and unsexy, you non-acting bastard. Here's a Wahl home clipper kit and a hand mirror. Do us a favor and surrender to your genetics.
Fearless Freep
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2002, 05:03:30 PM »

Harrison Ford's choices have always been spotty.  He's a great actor who sometimes show's up in some pretty stupid stuff, but he always gives a good performance anyways.

At least he's had better fortune the Lou Gossett Jr and some of the turkeys *he's* been in
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Kevin Costner's last 10 films/ grosses « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.