Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:28:10 AM
713399 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  a couple of movie suggestions « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: a couple of movie suggestions  (Read 2899 times)
David Ray
« on: January 26, 2008, 04:50:14 PM »

A couple of movies I would reccomend are as follows:
   1. Absolute Zero
(from the back of the box)INTER SCI climatologist David Koch (Jeff Fahey) has evidence that a shift in the Earth's polarity triggered the last Ice Age...in a single day.  Now, it's happening again, and there's no time to escape.  As the temperature plummets, Miami is blasted with snow and ice.  Evacuation routes are jammed.  The only chance David, his old flame Bryn (Erika Eleniak), and a few other hopeful survivors have is to hole themselves up in a special chamber at INTER SCI.  A desperate race for survival is ignited as nature's fury rages and the temperature plunges toward -459.67 degrees F...ABSOLUTE ZERO!
   this movie is specifically notable for two things: first, there is all of 1 piece of actuall science in the film; second, the catchphrase "Science is never wrong."
   2. Sinbad of the Seven Seas, starring Lou Ferrigno.  Harder to describe how bad it is, but suffice to say that it contains rubber suits, a Chinese Samurai (!?), and a villain who never blinks, as well as more plot holes than even Mario could jump over.

enjoy!
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 08:20:51 PM »

"Absolute Zero" looks like a cheap copycat of "The Day After Tomorrow."  Talk about the blind following the blind.  "The Day After Tomorrow" drives me nuts when I try to rationalize any part of it.

There is a Reader Review on the site for "Sinbad of the Seven Seas."

http://www.badmovies.org/othermovies/sinbadseas/

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
darthchicken
Bad Movie Lover

"If my rhyme was a drug, I'd sell it by the gram"

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 10:48:11 PM »

Absolute Zero does seem like a cheap rip-off on Day After Tomorrow and it raises the question "why would someone make a cheap rip-off of Day After Tomorrow? I hated that movie. Maybe it isn't I only read your little write up, it just seems like one.

"His coconut gun can fire in spurts. If he shoots ya, it's gonna hurt!" - James Madison
Dave M
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 09:31:33 PM »

I SAW Absolute Zero! It kind of felt like they tried to combine a bunch of different, half finished screenplays. Like, at the begining, they find an ancient frozen body in Antarctica, but then they never do anything with that. There's a bunch of stuff like that, that just comes up, then they get bogged down in "characterization".
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  a couple of movie suggestions « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.