Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 07:20:45 PM
714191 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7733 Members
Latest Member: Mamie94489
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Help me find a movie... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Help me find a movie...  (Read 19207 times)
Josh Leman
« on: February 21, 2001, 01:27:06 AM »

I'm looking for this really weird "aliens in suburbia" movie that came out in theaters sometime in the mid-to-late eighties.  All I can remember is that it was set on Halloween, there was this crazy old guy dressed as Zorro, the aliens had some kind of super-weapon called the Donut of Destruction, and at the end the aliens dusted some guy's crops and made them grow really big.  I understand that these memories are pretty vague (I hope I'm not hallucinating any of this), but if anyone remembers what it was called, please let me know!  Thank you!
Abby
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2001, 03:01:01 AM »

That sounds like "Spaced Invaders" to me. I saw that in a drive-in movie theater with RoboCop 2, I think. Painful.

I saw it with a group of friends in high school ... one of them was Russian. He thought it was sheer genius. I think there's a scene where an alien pulls a Jack Nicholson impersonation thats so bad, it's life threatening. My comrade howled. It stunned us all.
Kak
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2001, 06:16:43 AM »

Is that the same movie where one of the Aliens gets rid my a car and its still alive underneath or am I thinking of something else?
Kak
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2001, 06:17:29 AM »

Sorry, thats HIT BY a car..
FLANGEPART
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2001, 02:05:07 PM »

dear abby...sorry...its a perfect example of the subjective filter.I liked Spaced Invaders. The Pilot,Blaznee, even wore a Lakers t-shirt. the additude of the silly thingjust got to me. guess living in the land of the easily amused does that. ohwell. sci-fi humor, like all humor, need a common base referance to work. worked for me! BTW, what is your favorite comedy, b-movie wise?
Abby
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2001, 02:57:29 PM »

"what is your favorite comedy, b-movie wise?"

Caligula.
Dr. Freex
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2001, 06:10:42 PM »

Oh, it's even better than that.  The alien (a Martian, no less) spends the entire movie doing the Jack.  AND he's wearing a Lakers t-shirt.

Sorry, Abby, but I love this movie, and keep threatening to review it.   Then, I'm also the guy who gave Robot Monster five stars.
Abby
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2001, 06:33:08 PM »

Robot Monster is one thing. Spaced Invaders falls on a completely different Bad Movie Planet, if you'll excuse the pun.

But Spaced Invaders does make it into the category of "I know some Bad movie fans like this, but Idon't get it," which is why I made sure to be fair and mention my comrade in the first place. Like 'Tank Girl.'

On further reflection, this Russian fellow is the same guy who made me sit through 'Liquid Sky' 100 times as a teen. Just as baffling.
Josh Leman
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2001, 06:42:51 PM »

SPACED INVADERS!!!  That's what it was!  Thanks for helping me out on that one, guys.  The fate of the universe depended on me finding the name of that movie.  Thank you!
Inukko
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2001, 01:27:35 AM »

Wasn't Slava Tsukerman, the director of Liquid
Sky, Russian?  That might explain why your
friend loved the movie so much.

Come to think of it, I'm part-Russian myself...
ohhhh no!
FLANGEPART
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2001, 01:58:36 PM »

Boy...Dr Freex and i agree.Cool beans! Dear Abby...Caligula as your favorits B-movie comedy...hummm...could be.Hey, just because they don't INTEND to make it a comedy! Its the end resault that counts!hehehe.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Help me find a movie... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.