Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:08:43 AM
714330 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent viewings: Demons, Zombies, Ninjas « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Recent viewings: Demons, Zombies, Ninjas  (Read 1760 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: August 15, 2002, 10:20:48 AM »

As always, I am diligently watching movies.   Working on reviews and an interview too, but  those are coming in the next month or so.

I watched "Night of the Demon" (1957) yesterday before Katie got home.  Memory told me that, while it is a grand old film, it is also very talky.  I remembered correctly.  However, the acting is good throughout, especially that of Niall MacGinnis as Karswell, the demon's summoner.  Before long the urge to grab and shake Dr. Holden (Dana Andrews), yelling, "The demon is real!  You are going to get et, unless you start believing!" was nearly overwhelming.  The character is just that dense about what is going on.  Despite his limited screen time, the demon is one of my favorite movie monsters.

On Monday night (or somewhere thereabouts) we watched "Zombie Holocaust," aka "Dr. Butcher M.D."  Some of the gore distressed my wife, though she is pretty hard of stomach by now.  I will admit, the movie has a black heart and goes out of its way several times to horrify the audience.  However, without that element it would probably be extremely boring.

Last, but not least, a guest picked "Life of a Ninja" for viewing last night.  The beginning of the film is plain classic, with numerous scenes of ninja in training:  acrobats doing their thing, women mud wrestling (!), women being dunked in ice water (they are only wearing thin, white clothing), and birds being killed in midair by throwing knives.  The meat of the movie has some good parts too, with some decent weapon fights and priceless dialog.

"Why don't you have less girlfriends and save some for your wife!?"
(Or something close to this.)

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2002, 12:02:30 PM »

Andrew wrote:
>
> I watched "Night of the Demon" (1957) yesterday

This is one of my all time favorites.  The seance scene is a classic.  "It's in the trees!  It's coming!"
Haze
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2002, 07:02:56 PM »

Does Night of the Demon have any relation to the movie Curse of the Demon? They are from around the same time but I'm not sure if they are the same or not.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2002, 01:10:13 AM »

"Night of the Demon" is the full, original version of "Curse of the Demon."

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
K-Sonic
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2002, 02:17:21 PM »

I've been watching a lot of zombie movies lately.

ZOMBIE HOLOCAUST is pretty good. Yes, a little slow at times but has enough blood and guts to satisfy. And the Doctor is an evil son-of-a-b***h.

I really liked Dario Argento's edit of DAWN OF THE DEAD. It definately moved faster than Romero's version. And the Goblin soundtrack adds to the mood real well.

ZOMBIE by Fulchi was good too. Specially the scenes in NYC.

CANNIBAL APOCOLYPSE (not really a zombie movie) is great on DVD. My friends enjoyed that one.

THE NIGHTS OF TERROR (Burial Ground) is a real fun one. There really isn't much down time in this movie and the zombies are real fun to look at. Well, maybe not the ones with worms hanging out their eyes  but seeing the Mummy mask on one guy was a chuckle.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2002, 09:26:53 PM »

I have been in the middle of zombie movies galore.  We watched "Garden of the Dead" the other night.  Inmates at a work camp (south US, I think) sniff formaldehyde when they can.  They all attempt to escape, but are shot in the process.  For some reason, the formaldehyde habit makes them come back as zombies.

Why are biology classes, the world over, not overrun with zombie frogs?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
StatCat
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2002, 11:51:36 AM »

Burial Ground is classic Italaian cheese. Amazining that that freaky "kid" was really 25. Andrew you need to see this movie if you haven't already!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent viewings: Demons, Zombies, Ninjas « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.