Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 11:38:31 PM
714195 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7733 Members
Latest Member: Mamie94489
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  More viewings: Haxan and the "F" word « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: More viewings: Haxan and the "F" word  (Read 1507 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: August 15, 2002, 11:20:21 PM »

On my way to join Katie in slumber, but she fell asleep about halfway through "Haxan."

The film was interesting, though you need to muscle your way through the first act.  The first chapter consists of opening information and stills of pictures, while the following parts are actual movie.  Some of the costumes for the demons and devils are pretty cool.  The one devil who kept waggling his tongue at all the girls was a favorite.  The filmmakers were trying to drive home of the point of "torture anyone enough and they will confess."

By the way: "SLUT" means "The End?"

The first film of the evening was the remake of "Teenage Caveman."  I felt like one of the POS actors had spent ninety minutes clubbing me in the head.  Let us see, how many times can we use the "F" word?  The camera work nearly drove me insane too.  Oh, and the one immortal girl?  She was an atrocious actress.  Keep her away from any further scripts.  This was a skull, through and through.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2002, 01:00:42 PM »

Andrew wrote:
>
> On my way to join Katie in slumber, but she fell asleep about
> halfway through "Haxan."
>
> The film was interesting, though you need to muscle your way
> through the first act.  The first chapter consists of opening
> information and stills of pictures, while the following parts
> are actual movie.  Some of the costumes for the demons and
> devils are pretty cool.  The one devil who kept waggling his
> tongue at all the girls was a favorite.  The filmmakers were
> trying to drive home of the point of "torture anyone enough
> and they will confess."

So did you watch the version with the jazz score and the funky narration by William Burroughs, or the silent one with the classical score?

A note of trivia, the Devil is played by director Benjamin Christensen!   How about that scene where the witches kiss the devil's ass?

A truly weird great movie.
Haze
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2002, 06:51:05 PM »

Teenage Caveman, dear God it's one of the worst movies of the new millenium, I can watch Satan's Cheerleaders and still be happier than watching this POS.

"Haxan" sounds interesting but I think I'll keep it in mind for one of my dumb ass friends to torture them.... They had a hard time with Halloween 4! So what will this do to them....

Thanks for the info though
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2002, 01:11:59 AM »

Watched the original, silent version.  I am probably going to go back and watch the later release at a later date.  The whole "kissing the Devil's arse" part was suitably weird and twisted.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2002, 01:56:56 AM »

It is truly trippy listening the William Burroughs do the narration.  I think it adds a lot to the film.
chris
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2002, 05:52:11 AM »

I love "Haxan" and "Witchcraft Through the Ages".  Saw the latter one first, but both stand on their own as great films.  Some of the stories told are really weird and creepy, and the imagary is astounding even by today's standards.  I believe it was released as a documentary which makes it even weirder.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  More viewings: Haxan and the "F" word « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.