Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:35:36 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Please Help Me « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Please Help Me  (Read 16470 times)
The Bard
« on: February 14, 2001, 09:35:37 PM »

I desperately want to see Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon in Theatres. But I can't go anywhere without my G/F and she doesn't want to see a movie with Subtitles (you wouldn't belive the crap she gave me about Ed Wood being in B/W)

But,she will let me go to see CT, HD if I take her to see Sugar and Spice. I have seen enough ads for this to know its going to be bad. Its an MTV movie for god's sake. I was forced to sit through the mass stupidity of Save The Last Dance (wow,the ghetto can change a girl in 3 days) (you mean to tell me theres a club in the ghetto that doesn't have any pot or escasty) And I don't think I can take another dumb movie.

Is CT,HD worth going through the toture of Sugar and Spice?
Mofo Rising
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2001, 12:34:18 AM »

Well, the Academy seems to think it's pretty good, but good enough to watch Sugar & Spice?  Tough call.

I say you should.  Look at it this way:

Sugar & Spice may be eye-gougingly horrible, but it's only going to last 90 minutes or so.  The pain will be over, the chills will subside.  Now imagine you wait until video to see CT,HD.  You are watching the amazing action scenes and slapping yourself saying "My God, this would have been so good in the theatre!"  I have a friend who has never forgiven himself for skipping Jurassic Park in the theatre.  So, you have to ask yourself, is 90 minutes of intense agony worse than an entire lifetime of dull pain?

Of course you could pull some Mission: Impossible type stuff and sneak out to watch the movie, but that is a particularly loaded minefield. . .
Fishbulb
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2001, 01:09:20 AM »

Why dont you just see "Crouching Tiger..." and not tell her? How p***y whipped are you?
Nathan
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2001, 11:45:00 AM »

The callous bastard hidden within me (not hidden very well, I'm afraid) says to ditch your girlfriend for someone who doesn't have a problem with  subtitles.

In fact, I recommend everyone add that to their Significant Other Application Checklist.

Nathan
Zombie Keeper
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2001, 02:43:21 PM »

You're kidding me right? Dump her ass and don't look back!

Or

Live the life your living now and be miserable!

Zombie Keeper
http://www.zombiekeeper.com/
Scott Davis
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2001, 02:56:59 PM »

CT,HD is totally worth it.
The Bard
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2001, 06:37:32 PM »

My car is out of action or else I would.
Heather
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2001, 09:12:50 PM »

Well everyone has different tastes, which is

wonderful, but fascist tactics should never be used for crap like

"Sugar and Spice". Granted this is coming from the girl who would

always get into an arguement with her then-boyfriend at the video

store because I would want to rent something like "Hollywood

Chainsaw Hookers" or "The Thrill Killers" and he would say

something like  "Why don't you ever want rent GOOD movies?" which

was of course the wrong thing to say, but oh well...Go with your

instinct, if you really love her maybe you can convert her over

time. While she's sleeping chant stuff softly in her ear, like

"Foreign films are good, Mena Suvari is bad" or something to the

effect
Scott
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2001, 11:49:59 PM »

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is worth going to the theater to see. Great film even if your not a martial arts fan like myself.
Andrew
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2001, 06:04:03 AM »

Katie gives me some grief about subtitled films, but she honestly enjoys a lot of the b-movies.  You'll see few advocates of The Dark Power like her, it seems an old man with a whip IS a sex symbol.

Still, I'm going to sit her and a couple of my other friends to watch "Seven Samurai" and "A Chinese Ghost Story" if I have to use straps.  Sometimes might does make right.

Andrew
The Bard
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2001, 09:33:52 PM »

Mena Suvari was good in American Beauty. I don't even remember her from American Pie though. And I can't watch those other crapfests she did.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Please Help Me « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.