Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:04:19 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A challenge for you all, Zeram. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A challenge for you all, Zeram.  (Read 2264 times)
Tony Todd
New Visitor

« on: August 22, 2002, 01:09:50 AM »

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I have a pretty big tolerance for B-movies...I love Spookies and worse.  But there is one movie that my friends and I have vowed to never NEVER watch again.  That movie is the Live-action version of the anime Zeram or Zeiramu.
This, dare I say film..*shudder* is the biggest piece of trash I have ever layed eyes on.  Mistake one: we rented it.   Mistake two:  we watched on a Sunday afternoon.  (I'm sure you all know that that isn't the greatest time to watch a 90's japanese live-action anime remake with "70's tint." and pastel costumes.
 It made me feel bad about life.
I'm sure many of you have either seen it or have been warned about it, but for those masochist's out there I'd like to submit a challenge.  ZERAM.  
http://us.imdb.com/Title?0103327    I'm a dumbass, i dunno html.

Beware and take care.

-dracul
John
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2002, 06:58:02 AM »

I liked it. Of course I've never seen the animated version all the way through.
Foywonder
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2002, 07:20:49 AM »

I suppose if you saw the anime first, then I could understand your not liking it. I, however, saw both live action movies before I even knew there was an anime version. I prefer the 2nd live action flick to the first, but they are all pretty enjoyable. Only problem is my book is the pacing that tends to get bogged down at times.
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2002, 11:14:04 AM »

Saw both 1st live one, then the Anime. Prefered the anime. More scope and room for action for the story then the live show.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Tony Todd
New Visitor

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2002, 04:49:39 PM »

I guess everything was in alignment for us to all hate it.
You all know how many times Zeram comes back to life; it just seemed like it would never end.  It felt like about 4 hours had passed.
It must just be my breaking point.  Tetsuo the Iron Man was easier to us than that.
Although no matter what Tetsuo makes me drowsy everytime I see the teeth scrape across the metal tubing.

-dracul
Durandal
New Visitor

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 06:01:59 PM »

I quite liked the Zeiram movies. I did prefer the second one as well, but the pacing did need some work - especially the climax in Zeiram 2. I have yet to see "IRIA: Zeiram the Animation", though it's at the top of my list currently.

Of note, though: The movies were produced first. The anime is a prequel, but was produced after the movies.
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 03:22:33 AM »

I guess everything was in alignment for us to all hate it.
You all know how many times Zeram comes back to life; it just seemed like it would never end.  It felt like about 4 hours had passed.
It must just be my breaking point.  Tetsuo the Iron Man was easier to us than that.
Although no matter what Tetsuo makes me drowsy everytime I see the teeth scrape across the metal tubing.

Drowsy?  I can understand many different reactions to Tetsuo, but sleepiness?  I don't get it.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A challenge for you all, Zeram. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.