Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:02:03 AM
714230 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  3 recent views: robot holocaust & weirdo « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 3 recent views: robot holocaust & weirdo  (Read 3294 times)
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« on: August 27, 2002, 11:48:45 AM »

i subjected myself to three more "gems"...will i never learn?

Robot Holocaust - 1987 (NR). (VHS) Written and directed by Tim Kincaid. The Dark One controls the atmosphere in and around New Terra and can instantly render Air Slaves defenseless with his impossible technology. Neo leads the rebels on their mission to destroy the Powerstation (complete with tesla orb). First they must travel through the Wasteland---apparently NY's Central Park. On the way they encounter man-eating sock puppets, a deadly spider's leg (guess they couldn't afford to create a whole spider), and an angry mechanical parasite. A B-movie so bad it's hilarious goofy fun. ONLY RECOMMENDED for fans of apocolyptic silliness.

The Weirdo - 1989 (NR). (VHS) Directed by Andy Milligan (SP). The infamous genius of bad film strikes again with another collosial stink bomb. Donnie, a functionally retarded teenager who lives in a shed and collects garbage, creeps everyone out and then later kills everyone that he previously creeped out. Sort of a low-low-rent Sling Blade only he kills "nice" people as well as the villians. Some amusing cheesy dismemberments and a decapitation toward the end can't save this flick. If this flick had a scratch-n-sniff, it would smell of mildew. NOT RECOMMENDED.

Endgame - 1983 (NR). (VHS) Co-written and directed by Joe D'Amato. Endgame, a cat and mouse battle-to-the-death, is the most popular sport in post-apocolyptic 2025. A telepathic mutant named Lilith pays Endgame champion Ron Shannon in gold to lead her rebels out of the city ruins. Shannon assembles an eclectic group of warrior misfits and an A-Teamed ice cream truck to free the mutants. NOT REALLY RECOMMENDED unless you really really like Italian post-apocolyptic B-movies.

[edit---added the endgame  capsule]

over and out,
-mr. henry
"i have healing infusions at my condo Sally. We will go there now"

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2002, 12:15:35 PM »

Ah yes, Robot Holocaust.  My yardstick of badness by which I consider all other movies. "Well it was pretty bad, but it was not nearly as bad as 'Robot Holocaust'" Helps me to maintain sanity and perspective

And who carves eyebrows on a robot?

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2002, 12:47:53 PM »

robot holocaust is definitely bad but i'm sure you'll (Fearless Freep) admit that it was entertaining in an mst3k way...it had all the right cliches...heads that fly straight up in the air when decapitated...a tesla orb...the annoying c3po droid..."sand people" type mutants...sock puppet...a "wizard of oz" omipresent villian...and on and on...

definitely false advertising: the "sewer worms" on the cover-art are as big as buses and the back says: "Neo and his robot Klyton fasce the unimaginable evil power of The Dark One in a spectacular battle beyond description..."

"beyond description"??? uh, not really..."spectacular"???...definitelyl not...

-mr. henry
"i have healing infusions at my condo sally. we will go there now."

- kurt vonnegut

Fearless Freep

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2002, 01:16:06 PM »

Good point.  "Robot Holocaust" was amazingly bad, but in an entertaining way.  (yeah, I Iiked the "sand worms" on the box cover art).   At least it kept moving and wasn't boring.  I can handle a lot, as long as it's not boring.  They looked like they had a good time and did their best on what had to be bankrolled by "Chuck E. Cheese" winnings

But I notice that that Angelika Jager only has one acting credit to her name...she should've stopped while she was ahead

=======================
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2002, 01:21:06 PM »

...i knew you'd agree that it was enjoyable in a Starcrash sorta way...

andrew could have a ball with this one huh...

-mr. henry

- kurt vonnegut

Fearless Freep

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2002, 01:28:54 PM »

i knew you'd agree that it was enjoyable in a Starcrash sorta way

Ironically I was thinking of that movie at the time I was posting

I was thinking that at least the makers of Robot Holocaust didn't try to claim any special effects link to Star Wars.  No, wait, that's Space Mutiny.  Starcrash was the Micheal Hasselhoff space opera...now I remember

andrew could have a ball with this one huh...

Nathan already has

Robot Holocaust # ColdFusion

=======================
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2002, 02:01:25 PM »

freep, thanks for the link...

also, if you haven't already, check andrew's take on starcrash...funny stuff...

-mr. henry

- kurt vonnegut

Flangepart

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2002, 05:40:34 PM »

Good summation of this stinker, Mr Henry.
....I got a dvd of this from mst3ktapes.com, and it is just as bad as i remember.  joel and the bots gave this the negitive space wedgie it deserves.
....Ah, what memories of cheese.
...."Dock wan...duck wand...what is she saying?"

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2002, 06:02:32 PM »

>I got a dvd of this from mst3ktapes.com, and it is just as bad as i remember. joel >and the bots gave this the negitive space wedgie it deserves.

mst3k did robot holocaust? if so i HAVE!!! to see it!

-mr. henry

- kurt vonnegut

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2002, 09:18:05 PM »

One night we had a "stuff coming out of walls" movie binge.  Watched "Robot Holocaust" for the glitter-covered hand puppets, along with "What Waits Below," and "Endless Descent."

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
lester1/2jr
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2002, 10:32:27 PM »

I saw the worst apocalypse movie ever IN THE THEATRE :  Night of the Comet.  I was like 10
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2002, 12:37:22 AM »

andrew, regarding andy milligan...for your "finding a bad movie" section (which is damned inspired)...you need to squeeze andy milligan either before or after fred olen ray...

or not...i's just thinkin'

and speaking of covers that look like they were drawn by marker...i'm waiting for an appropriate rainy day to pop in my copy of OCTOMAN!!!

the OCTOMAN!!! cover looks like one of those kids paint-with-water books where you just wet the paper and the appropriate color inks itself...it's way bad...

-mr. henry

- kurt vonnegut

Fearless Freep

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2002, 11:34:58 AM »

Night of the Comet.

Was that the one where almost everyone died from radiation from a comet except these two California "valley girls" and a bunch of mutants?

=======================
John
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2002, 06:08:17 AM »

>Night of the Comet.
>
>Was that the one where almost everyone died from radiation from a comet
>except these two California "valley girls" and a bunch of mutants?

Yup, Catherine Mary Stewart & Kelli Maroney, plus Robert Beltran (Chakotay from Voyager).
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  3 recent views: robot holocaust & weirdo « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.