Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:35:19 AM
714198 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7733 Members
Latest Member: Mamie94489
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "W.B.Kotter"s Horshack...the horror!!! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "W.B.Kotter"s Horshack...the horror!!!  (Read 1817 times)
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« on: September 06, 2002, 12:14:52 AM »

OK. i watched Hellgate last night starring...Arnold Horshack from "Welcome Back Kotter"...ey mr kotteeeeeer...

not only did the movie suck...c'mon, it starred horshack!!!

here's my short take on it:

Hellgate - 1989 (R). (VHS) Directed by William A. Levey. "Welcome Back, Kotter"'s Ron Palillo (Horshack!) leads a quartet of idiots into a local ghost story about a ray-shooting magic crystal that revitalizes dead things and mutates already living things. A fish on steroids and a re-animated turtle are two interesting effects that show up early but it's all downhill after that (except for one very brief zombie). NOT RECOMMENDED. Mr. Kotteeer!

...the cover said from the effects wizards of HELLRAISER...i suspect they lied. it started out ok...the swelling fish effect was cool...almost p.jackson-like...even some cool handcam work...but then it just turned into a big steaming pile of suck.

anyone else seen this? and therefore feel my pain???

-mr. henry

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

Re:
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2002, 12:47:22 AM »

I don't know if I've seen it or not.  Looks like one of the many, many cheese horror flicks I watched in the eighties.

But hey, if anybody here wants to see it and has a decent connection, you can head on over to CinemaNow.com and watch it for free.  Look in the Horror section.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Steven Millan
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2002, 01:49:04 AM »

Yeah,Mr. Henry,for I really feltas badly as you did,when I saw that absolute atrocity,that a genre maestro like William Levey should be heavily ashamed of makin.,especially with Horshack's butt baring sex scene,which was truly unbareable!!!
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2002, 12:27:38 PM »

I started wacthing it a  few nights ago and didn't realize it was Horshack until you pointed it out, then it became obvious as I watched the rest.

Not too bad mindles entertainment for an hour and a half, but I'm not really a fan of the teen slasher or zombie genres (or whatever you'd put this in) so I don't really  know how to judge it.

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "W.B.Kotter"s Horshack...the horror!!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.