Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:24:23 PM
714223 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Jeepers Creepers « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Jeepers Creepers  (Read 7784 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: August 27, 2002, 10:19:27 PM »

We honestly came pretty close with this one, but then missed badly.

I love monster movies and will seek them out with relish.  So, finally having a chance to pick up "Jeepers Creepers" on DVD - I did.

First we have the traumatized (well, once things get going) brother.  He does a lot of slack-jawed staring in this movie.  I mean, every darn time you look at him he seems to be paralyzed with fear.  That started to get old.

The two kids deciding to return to the spooky church was, as the sister pointed out, a dumb thing.  They had just watched the "maniac" dump several bodies down a pipe.  Plus, the "maniac" had tried to run them off the road.  They are unarmed, without communication, and a long way from anyone.  Go and get a police officer, yah morons.

I was a little foggy on the revolver's ineffectiveness.  Plus, if the thing is half turned to dust... ...ah, skip it.  Suffice to say that the monster was mortal, they just needed to do more damage to it.

Last thought: what was that scarecrow filled with?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
J.R.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2002, 11:05:36 PM »

The first half of this was excellent-one of the best atmospheres I've seen. Then it all went to poop in the second half. Honestly, if it had ended after about 40 minutes and been labeled a short film it would have been better. The worst thing was the unnecessary psychic women  who shows up and explains everything, a cliche used by writers who can't come up with a better way to keep the story going.
NavySailorX
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2002, 04:29:02 AM »

I didn;t really like this movie. I guess I expected too much out of it. I think that Grandma with the gun should have put more of a hurting on that monster. She was probably the only character I really liked.
SomeDude
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2002, 04:39:50 AM »

I was just reading this article where the reviewer thinks the whole movie is packed with both hidden and blatent references to homosexuality and pedophilia. You may all know by now that salva taped sexual encounters he had with a 12 year old boy,who played in clownhouse,another film written and directed by salva in whick the main characters were all young boys. I never saw,and don't really wat to see,clownhouse,but I heard there's lots of scenes where the boys are shirtless or only in underwear. Though jeepers had no children in it,I noticed he mae the main character look awful boyish,and the creature was interested in the guy and not the girl. I also heard Powder has references like this. here's the address to that article,the guy who wrote this seems a little paranoid,but this is interesting. http://movieweb.com/columns/orange/rev_jeepers.html
Squishy
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2002, 07:20:19 AM »

Well, I wasn't going to bring this back up, but apparently I'm not the only one who sees something really, really sick in this mess. Look at the story of "Jeepers" (SPOILERS):

Two young kids see a strange man doing bad things. They tell older people. They tell the police. However, this doesn't do any good; the strange man kills everyone who gets in his way and does horrible, horrible things to the kids. The strange man gets away scott free. The end.

That's a training tool for pedophiles. Some hurt pets to order to threaten their victims into silence ("this is what'll happen to you if you talk"); but now they can just pop "Jeepers Creepers" into a player for the same effect.

How the hell can a convicted child molester become a semi-respected success, even in Hollywood? Damn, what's next? A star on the sidewalk?

(Side note regarding the article cited by SomeDude above: let us not confuse, or link, homosexuality with pedophilia.)
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2002, 12:34:47 PM »

Being a father (my son is eight years old) I have some serious issues with Salva.  Yes the man has paid his 'debt' and has been nothing but helpful in following the conditions of his release.  I also think he has every right to make movies and contribute to soceity.  However, I also support full disclosure of the creep's history everytime he makes a movie.  Irregardless of what Fangoria magazine said (and, unlike others, I DID NOT cancel my subscription to the magazine because they interviewed the man, or gave favorable coverage to his movies, or gave the Creeper the cover on one issue), but I do think it is fair to his victims that he his constantly made to feel uncomfortable.  His victims will be carrying painful scars for the rest of their lives (and this s**t does wound you forever, you never "Get over it" completely) so I think a little quid pro quo is justified.

I haven't seen Jeeper Creepers, but the monster looks a tad too much like a little old man chasing after a young boy for my taste.

Reading some of these posts made me shudder, especially the Clownhouse references made about boys in underwear.  This morning, down in Southern California, a nine year old boy was abducted at gunpoint from his him.  He was clad only in Fruit of the Loom underwear.  The media had an Amber Alert out on him as I was leaving for work.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
SomeDude
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2002, 10:09:08 PM »

excuse all the spelling errors in my last post,I was in a hurry. I agree with Squishy,how can he be directing movies,especially films like Powder,which was funded by Disney! in reply to Chadzilla,I had a girl sweet talk me into getting her 2 small bags of pot,she turned out to be a cop,I didn't even have it myself,I went and got it for her. now I'm a "convicted felon",I've been turned down for jobs as simple as loading trucks JUST because of this! and he can direct movies in hollywood,gimme me a break! I always thought that big hollywood celebrities were a bunch weirdo freaks,this just goes to prove my point.
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2002, 01:14:49 PM »

I enjoyed this movie for what it was, a derivative time-waster.  It stole from everything from TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE to THE TERMINATOR.

It didn't make a lot of sense in parts, but it had a lot of atmosphere and was fairly entertaining.  That chick is pretty cute too.  There are worse timewasters out there.
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2002, 01:36:34 PM »

There is a double standard there, and an unnecessary stigma.  But in Salva's case I think having him wear a Scarlet Letter of some sort for life is justified in regards to his abuse of children.  Having you lose potential jobs over a marijuana buy is discrimination, nothing more or less than that - and completely undeserved.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
jmc
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2002, 02:54:06 AM »

Eh, a felony is a felony in my book.  Though I'd definitely be more likely to hire a pot dealer than a pedophile, especially if I was running a record store.  If Victor Salva were trying to get a "real" job he would probably have an even more difficult time....luckily for him, he is able to get work as a director.  However, a pot dealer probably has an easier time moving from place to place since he doesn't have to register with the cops in his new neighborhood.
Jim
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2002, 06:02:49 AM »

"His victims will be carrying painful scars for the rest of their lives (and this s**t does wound you forever, you never "Get over it" completely) so I think a little quid pro quo is justified."

Does he have more then one victim?  I'd just heard about the one.  

Frankly, I think it's a miracle he has a career at all anymore.  They are shunned, child molesters, far worse then murderers and serial killers and rapists.  

"However, I also support full disclosure of the creep's history everytime he makes a movie."

Full disclosure to who?  The cast and crew?

I guess I'm a very forgiving person, but I've always felt when people are released from prison they deserve a second chance, regardless of why they were in there.  That's never been the case in America, as far as I know.
SomeDude
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2002, 06:29:33 AM »

sorry,I'm not trying to get the board on depressing topics,I hear too much of this stuff on the news,I'll try to post something happy next time. by the way,I'm not a "pot dealer",the only reason I got busted is I knew a pot dealer,they couldn't get anyone in his house so they wanted me to snitch. I told them that I'd rather go to jail than betray my friend and and get killed. I told the cops to stick it up their ass and called the guy from jail and tipped him off and screwed up their whole invesgation. he was only a small time dealer,and they waste time on him when people get raped and murdered everyday,gimme another break!
jmc
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2002, 09:49:23 AM »

"Full disclosure" could be as little as his past being trumpeted by the media every time he makes a movie.  That would suit me just fine.  

Incidentally, I haven't seen any of his films.  I'm not on a high horse or anything, I've just never gotten around to it, and have never heard enough good about anything he's done for me to want to bother.
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2002, 12:08:09 PM »

There is the boy Salva molested AND his family (what is called collateral damage in some circles - there is also the very good chance that Salva has molested others who, for whatever reason, have not come forward).  Crimes of this nature harm more than one individual.  Full disclosure means registering as a sex offender wherever he moves or chooses to do business (i.e. make movies) and letting high risk areas know (i.e. the Jeepers Creepers crew were not allowed to film around a grade school).  I too am a forgiving person, but I also believe that there are some crimes where the legal definition of 'debt' is simply not enough, there are just some violations of human behavior that are impossible to repay in full.  I know that may sound draconian to some, but it is what I believe.

Chadzilla
ErikJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2002, 01:14:26 PM »

As the father of 3 I make it a point to know everything I can about people like Salva.
Especially now with the fact that my 2 year old neice and 10 year old nephew were molested by a family friend. The main thing I have learned is that no matter what treatment they get they can never be "cured." I hate to say it but in my opinon all sexual predators, rapists and molesters, should be locked away for good. Or banned from anywhere where they my come into contact where kids will be open to them, ie; Schools, parks, beaches, ect.

As far as Salva's films I did see Powder and I didn't think it was that bad but it did have the over tones as was described earlier.

If God is watching us, the least we can do is be
entertaining.

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Jeepers Creepers « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.