Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:59:02 AM
714322 Posts in 53093 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What is your favorite movie of all time? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What is your favorite movie of all time?  (Read 3782 times)
josh patrick
« on: September 02, 2002, 05:41:02 AM »

Mine is evil dead 2 but thats me whats yours.
Neville
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2002, 06:02:47 AM »

Depends, it changes with time. For me it is a movie you can watch a dozen times and still find new shades. For me, it used to be "Blade Runner", and now it is "Apocalypse Now". Still have to see the "Redux" version, so chances are that it still  will be my favourite movie for some more years.
peter johnson
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2002, 02:13:58 PM »

i've seen a lot of movies lately that i've enjoyed very, very much:  "memento" springs to mind -- but my alltime number one favorite still has to be ingmar bergman's "the seventh seal"(1956 -- swedish):  sex, death,comedy, violence, god, witchcraft, slapstick humour, corpses, satan, flagellation & torture, all done with eerie music & great intelligence, not to mention the incomparably beautiful photography of cinematographer sven nikvist.
many people skip over this film because it's foreign & black & white, plus it's supposed to be a serious art-house type film (read: boring).  if you just take it for what it is, it can really prove infectuous.  i've seen this thing well over 20 times & could probably watch it again next week & still notice something in it i'd not seen before.
peter johnson
RMSZaphod
New Visitor

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2002, 02:25:11 PM »

It used to be the first 3 Star Wars Movies.  I've seen Ep4  100 times (70 times in the theater), Ep 5 22 and Ep 6 19.  

But  I am now all a gah gah about LOTR:FOTR.  Yes I've read Tolkien's books multiple times.  Mr. JAckson has done an abolutely brilliant visualization.  And the changes deletions work for me, because the ESSENSE of the books remains intact.  I've seen it 15 times already.  I can't wait for TTT.

Cheers
Zaphod
Drezzy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2002, 02:59:55 PM »

Ghostbusters and The Crow for good ol' Andy Crow.

And as the world began crumbling down
Nobody around seemed to care
offthewall
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2002, 07:58:23 PM »

Clerks by far. Kevin Smith is the man
lester1/2jr
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2002, 08:53:24 PM »

For the purposes of this board, I'd have to say "Black Magic" a Hong Kong horror movie from the late 70's.  Just the quintessential midnight movie.
Scott
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2002, 08:54:41 PM »

It depends on my mood, so its best done by genre and then its still hard to pick thats why you always see top ten list:

Horror:

Zombie, Evil Dead, Godzilla vs Mothra, Psycho, Jaws, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Dusk to Dawn

Sci Fi:

Earth vs the Flying Saucers, Starship Troopers, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Island of Dr. Moreau

Cult Classic:

Plan 9 from Outer Space, Rocky Horror Picture Show,

War Film:

Apocolypse Now, Pork Chop Hill, Ran

Western:

Magnificent Seven, One Eyed Jacks, My Name is Nobody

Adventure:

Mad Max, Conan the Barbarian, The Mission,

Musical:

West Side Story, Man of LaMancha, Brother Sun Sister Moon
Deena
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2002, 10:39:41 PM »

Like everyone else, mine prolly changes on a weekly basis, but I would have to say Rocky Horror and Dead/Alive

Have you ever heard of classes starting on labor day,
Deena
Steven Millan
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2002, 02:21:27 AM »

The original "Star Wars", "Face/Off", "Ghost Dog" ,and the original "Crow"(the sequels all suck,of course),are among my favorite flicks of all time.
                        Nuff said here.
Vermin Boy
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2002, 06:41:12 AM »

Probably either This Is Spinal Tap, Plan 9 From Outer Space, or Pulp Fiction. All are amazingly entertaining films that I'm always noticing new things in (The Big Lebowski's making its way up the ranks, too).
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2002, 10:35:22 AM »

Jaws

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
mogwai
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2002, 05:54:57 PM »

pulp fiction.
Luke Bannon
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2002, 02:25:21 AM »

Mine's Evil Dead 2, Bad Taste, any of the Austin Powers movies, Mall Rats, Dogma, OOOH, TOO MANY FILMS I LIKE TO DECIDE!!!!!
Brock
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2002, 10:23:50 PM »

Rushmore, Run Lola Run, Charade, or Chasing Amy.

And I guess my favorite bad movie would be either Midnight Madness or Troll 2.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What is your favorite movie of all time? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.