Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:07:36 PM
714247 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Most disappointing movies « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Most disappointing movies  (Read 3638 times)
BlackAngel
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2002, 09:14:19 AM »

For me, the movie that first dissapoint me was Batman: Forever.  It wasn't all that bad, but right after Batman Reterns, your expectation are kind of high when their third installment comes along in theaters.  When you think about it, with all four Batman movies made, 1 and 2 were dark and somber, in general.  Batman and Robin was a piece of s**t, but still had that dark look (somewhat).  But it was Batman Forever that tried to be funny.  Jim Carey's a no brainer, Tommy Lee Jones, since when was he trying to act like Joker?  Even Val kimer as Batman ("You're trying to get in my cape, Dr. Maridian?)  I mean, c'mon?  Who wrote this?  Plus it also prepared me for that piece of s**t, Batman and Robin.

Another movie that had me p**sed was Mortal Kombat: Abomination.  The first one was okay for mindless fun but the second was just mindless.  An over acting  villain, lots of character fodder,  and writing only fanboys would like  (and I don't think they did.)
Hamburger Pimp
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2002, 10:07:57 AM »

I wouldn't discount Mel Gibson out of hand, as some of his early work was very good.  The Mad Max movies (just 1 & 2), and Gallipoli, for example.  Payback wasn't bad, but not as cool as the original (Point Blank, w/ Lee Marvin).  He has turned out some crap lately, though.
Neville
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2002, 10:35:09 AM »

You see, I have no problem with violence on the screen, I actually like Tarantino's movies, but this film by his friend / co-writer Roger Avary is just hellish. If you don't understand the difference between use / abuse of screen violence or witty / embarasing dialogue, just watch "Reservoir dogs" followed by this abismal piece of crap that shouldn't EVER have been produced.
Newt
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2002, 10:58:50 AM »

The Shining.   Guess I should not have read the book first. A lot of Stephen King's writing leaves me flat, but I did enjoy that book.  It was chilling.   The movie bored me.   Ho-hum. What a let down - I wanted the same scary atmosphere. Wasn't there. Wasn't even bad enough to be funny.   Bummer.
ErikJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2002, 12:05:12 PM »

Men in Black 2
Goes to show you that they can put the best stuff in the trailers and still sucker people into seeing that piece of crap

If God is watching us, the least we can do is be
entertaining.

Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2002, 02:47:56 PM »

The american version of Godz...go...goz...i can' t say it!
....Deanzilla...there, that i can say. How disappointing? I have not yet been able to watch the thing yet! Free library dvd? No thanks...Can't do it.
....I tend to put the boreing trash out of my mind, most of the time. Its a survival instinct.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
josh patrick
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2002, 04:39:15 PM »

i really thought sam could have done a better job with this i was looking forward to this for years, and it was just barely mediocre. the only thing that saved it was bruce in the ring! Men in black 2 stank ass too.
John
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2002, 06:11:58 PM »

>Puppet Master III. Um, wait a second, the puppets are good now?

In the beginning of the first one, the puppet master says that the puppets reflect the personality of the person controlling them. Good master = good puppets, psycho master = bad puppets.

Movies I've been disappointed in;

Highlander II: The Sickening
Hellraiser III+
Batman Forever
Batman & Robin
Alien 3
Alien Resurrection
J.R.
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2002, 07:21:48 PM »

There seem to have been a lot of Love it-Hate it movies released lately. Unbreakable, for one. I loved it, but a lot of people think it's too slow. LOTR also. All sane people see it as near-perfect, and others who quite clearly suffer from mental illness think it's boring. Some people think A.I. is great, while I consider it a complete waste of both our and Spielberg's time. He could've put that effort into Indy 4.

One correction for Chris K.- Schindler's List was released in '94.
Chris K.
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2002, 09:50:27 PM »

Again, thank you for the correction on SCHINDLER'S LIST being made in 1994 and not 1996 as I said. Sorry for the mistake, but I wrote my long rant in quite a hurry so I guess next time I need to do my research.
raj
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2002, 10:47:49 PM »

Thanks, I'd forgotten that.  Wondering whether or not the dog was stuffed consumed my mind.  But they weren't controlled at the beginning.  And why make Tunneller, or Leech Woman. . . Ah, forget it, it's a b-flick and should have plot holes.
John
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2002, 12:23:25 AM »

>Thanks, I'd forgotten that. Wondering whether or not the dog was stuffed
>consumed my mind. But they weren't controlled at the beginning. And why make
>Tunneller, or Leech Woman. . . Ah, forget it, it's a b-flick and should have plot
>holes.

I thought in one of the sequels (3 maybe), that they showed him create the more dangerous puppets to fight the Nazis.
jmc
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2002, 12:28:42 AM »

I believe SCHINDLER'S LIST was actually made in 1993, released just in time for Oscar eligibility.  But it was one of those Oscar deals where it was released in a few places [NY and L.A.] in December.  Most people didn't see it till 1994.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Most disappointing movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.