Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:38:54 PM
713368 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Best site on the net... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Best site on the net...  (Read 4943 times)
William Bryant
« on: April 20, 2001, 03:24:46 AM »

I'm impressed.  This is the best collection of reviews to bad movies I now look forward to seeing.  I love the way you guys sum up these flicks, so much so I feel I'm watching them as I read about them.
Andrew
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2001, 07:39:24 PM »

This sort of things make me blush and that looks odd on a big stern Marine.

Andrew
Scott Davis
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2001, 08:23:17 PM »

Yeah, and if you happen to see a blushing marine, DO NOT LAUGH!!

I did that and got a big nasty bruise on my arm! Still hurts too.
Flangepart
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2001, 11:54:09 AM »

And on that note....not only is this one my top,choice sites, i'v a question for Andrew. I listen to Qfm96 here in Columbus, and i've been thinking of trying to prompte the Badmovies.org cause, by reading on tape, and sending copies, of some of the best of the B-masters cabal to the Waggs and Elliot show. I don't know if they'll take to it, but knowing those guys, hay, its possable! I'll explain my reasons for bad film fandom, and see if i can do justice to the Reviews. It should be easy...look at what i have to work with! Neat,huh? If you think this could work, let me know. I've read lots of stuff for my friend Barbara, and she thinks i do okey. I'll try to use the shorter reviews for times sake, and see if Waggs an Elliot can fit it in. Their producer, Dan Orr, has made the Dr Demento Funny five with some of his songs, so i think it just might work on their sence of humor.  Well, its a thought. Let me know what you think.           Your friend in the "I've got a face for radio" T-shirt, Flangepart.
Andrew
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2001, 09:38:54 PM »

I have some reservations about giving a blanket permission for the reviews to be used in their entirety by anyone else, so please understand when I decline there.

However!  The Fair Use Law provides that using excerpts of a work (in this case a review) is entirely okay and I haven't a problem with that (and it wouldn't matter if I did).  In other words, were you to grab a few choice bits from any review then it's perfectly legal.

When you get down to it, all the B-Masters are in this for love of the films and not the money. (What's that stuff?)  Our reviews are all we can really claim as our own.

Andrew
Flangepart
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2001, 01:41:34 PM »

Fair enough, Andrew. Maby i could sent them some of the rewiews, and they might call you, and they could do a live interview. Would that be okey?
Andrew
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2001, 03:45:04 PM »

Flangepart wrote:
>
> Fair enough, Andrew. Maby i could sent them some of the
> rewiews, and they might call you, and they could do a live
> interview. Would that be okey?

Certainly.
Mofo Rising
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2001, 04:09:24 PM »

Yeah, you could extend this into a public speaking career. . .

Andrew: "I'd like to open up the floor to some questions."

Random Crowd Person: "Mr. Borntreger, do you think you're training as a marine gives you the, how shall I say, intestinal fortitude to sit through movies such as these?"

A: "Well, RCP, I'd be lying if I said that didn't play a big part of it.  But I think it comes from something inside of me, something intangible, like the American Dream."

RCP2: "If I see somebody at the video store checking out a copy of HOLLYWOOD CHAINSAW HOOKERS, how should I react?  Is it okay to nod and make eye contact, or should I just stay on the opposite side of the store until such person leaves the building?"

A: "That's a conclusion you're going to have to come to on a case by case basis.  Remember, body odor is always a good indicator of the temperment of the person you are dealing with."

RCP3: "Don't you think there's an inherent danger in sending untrained civilians into space?"

A: "The only way they'll be in any danger is if they go to that evil Planet of the Apes.  Wait a minute. . . That was our planet!  You maniacs!  You blew it up!  Damn you!  Damn you all to hell!"

And so on and so on. . .
Andrew
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2001, 04:20:42 PM »

I actually try to stay away from video rental stores.  Often I find myself disagreeing with the employees over some movie or another that they are trying to "sell" a customer on.

As for Marines being better able to withstand horrible films - that could be debated.  Recently I had the opportunity to inflict "Son of Blob" on a busload of my fellow warriors during a trip to the rifle range.  Our normal government buses fell through and we had to rent the very expensive charter sort.  The good thing was they had several TVs, all hooked into the same VCR.  Thank goodness for discipline, they looked ready to riot at a few points during the movie.

Andrew
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Best site on the net... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.