Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:27:33 AM
714352 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Whats your favorite band? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Whats your favorite band?  (Read 10745 times)
Dano
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2002, 10:23:34 PM »

Chadzilla:  You mention Goblin which just jarred sometng upstairs.  Goblin I think is a German band that wrote some songs - or maybe the whole soundtrack - for a bad movie from the early 80's.  It was about a monster/freak who killed schoolgirls, until he came across a girl (possibly Jennifer Connelley) who could control bugs.  Do you (or does anyone) know the movie's name?
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2002, 11:21:34 PM »

That would be "Creepers," also known as "Phenomena" (I had never heard of it by that name until the rerelease).  Here is the IMDB entry:

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0087909

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Dano
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2002, 11:39:33 PM »

That's it.  I saw that one in the theaters.  Donald Pleasence was in this too as I recall.  Thanks.
John
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2002, 01:28:22 AM »

>http://www.geocities.com/seamusreviews2/listed.html

Just out of curiousity, why does everyone like to post their playlists? Search for any song on the web and it's likely to turn up about 5000 matches, with 4980 of them being WinAmp playlists.
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2002, 12:57:26 PM »

Acutally it was Taxi.  Saw the man live once, what a great show!

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
frannie
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2002, 02:22:57 PM »

yeah i have now seen them 5 times including back to back shows in may (santa cruz and SF) and july (2 days of warped tour).  wierd to think people mosh to an accordian though
frannie
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2002, 02:32:31 PM »

i thought that was a pretty good list then i saw tsunami bomb and the promise ring.  PR is the only band i have seen get booed while they were playing.  not sure why they were opening for bad religion anyways.  also noticed some local acts too.  are you from the SF area?
frannie
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2002, 02:35:48 PM »

if you're into the pogues check out flogging molly too.  "a guiness soaked musical body blow"  according to their website.  i would have to agree with them
systemcr4sh
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2002, 03:22:35 PM »

cuz I was realllllllllly bored.
As Usual.

-Dan

"Evil will always triumph, because good, is dumb"
-Spaceballs

"Now life's like a b-movie, That no one wants to see,
Here comes the zombie, Portraying me."
     - Dillinger Four
StatCat
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2002, 05:16:44 PM »

Goblin are Italians led by Claudio Simonelleti- (Know I'm spelling that wrong), they are still around, reformed. My favorite soundtrack they did would have to be for suspiria probably. All of their stuff for the Argento movies is great anyway though.)
Dano
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2002, 05:21:18 PM »

I'll check it out.  Still have to get MacGowan's latest with his new band.
Lee
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2002, 12:15:32 AM »

In no particular order:
AC/DC
Pink Floyd
"Weird Al" Yankovic
White Zombie
Blue Oyster Cult
Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers
The Dave Clark Five
Duran Duran
Butthole Surfers
many others.
Neville
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2002, 11:45:07 AM »

Though I am only 25 most of the bands I use to listen are a bit old. I use to joke with my friends that unless an album is at least 5 years old, there's no chance I'll borrow it.

1) Travis.

2) U2

3) Pink Floyd

4) REM

5) Dire Straits - Used to be a big fan in the early 90's, now i found them boring, but still remember most of their songs by heart.

6) Police.
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2002, 12:55:03 PM »

Though I am only 25 most of the bands I use to listen are a bit old. I use to joke with my friends that unless an album is at least 5 years old, there's no chance I'll borrow it.

Ummm....a five year old album is pretty new.  U2, The Police, REM, are pretty young.

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
peter johnson
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2002, 09:09:28 PM »

I'll co-opt Vermin's list as mine as well -- Bonzos and the Cheepnis song remark especially!!
To this I add Tom Waits & Todd Rundgren.  Also the numerous Fripp/King Crimson permutations.
peter j.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Whats your favorite band? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.