Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:31:52 PM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Clarence Bodiker Meets Red Foreman « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clarence Bodiker Meets Red Foreman  (Read 1482 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« on: April 20, 2004, 12:45:51 PM »

We all know of actors we associate with a particular role who later went on to become known for something altogether different.

I've enjoyed Kurtwood Smith since I saw him in Robocop, and have associated him with cop-killer Clarence Bodiker for years. However, I find that I'm at least as big a fan of his work on That 70s Show (kind of reminds me of my own dad). My wife really only associates him with the latter role, so she was actually kind of fascinated the last time I watched Robocop (she walked in just as 'Red' was about to put on the silencer and shoot Miguel Ferrer in the kneecaps).

With an actor like this, the fun, for me, comes in mixing up the two characters. When Red walks in on Eric and friends, I'll say "b***hes leave!" I think it's funny, but it tends to sail over people's heads. I've had more success with puctuating Clarence's lines with "dumbass." You can have a lot of fun with his first scene, chewing his henchmen out for burning the money, and the fact that he throws a character named Bob out of the van offers great possibilities for a Red Foreman reference.

Anybody else play this kind of game with a particular actor?

Post Edited (04-21-04 11:58)

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2004, 01:05:10 PM »

My wfe is a huge fan of "Legends Of The Fall".

I am a huge fan of Fight Club.

Mix up Brad Pitts lines with either film.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2004, 01:19:27 PM »

There is a black actor name Tucker Smallwood ( the Commodore on Space Above and Beyond and numerous other TV and movie roles).

Well years ago  he was in a episode of  Millenium playing a serial killer that was doing the Dr. Kavorkian  thing.  He would play old  Bobby Darin music while he was killing the old folks.  Ever since my wife saw this she has hated seeing him in anything.  "It's that creepy guy who  killed the old people!"

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2004, 01:26:14 PM »

Trek Geezer,

I have a similar situation with Andy Griffith.  About 10 years ago, he did a made for TV film for NBC I believe it was.  In the film, he was a psycho.  He was a psychotic, murdering grandfather.

Heh, how about that for ruining your image of someone?  :o)

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2004, 11:49:56 AM »

That's a good one. As for me, I usually utter some Pikey gibberish whenever I see Pitt. "Ya like dags? I wanna caravan fer me ma!"

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
JohnL

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2004, 07:58:29 PM »

I sometimes do that; quote lines from an actor's previous character.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Clarence Bodiker Meets Red Foreman « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.