Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:18:05 PM
714347 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Kill Bill Vol 2: All right! (spoilers) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kill Bill Vol 2: All right! (spoilers)  (Read 1243 times)
daveblackeye15
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: April 17, 2004, 01:25:56 AM »

I've just got from Kill Bill Vol 2. It was a great movie, I really had a fun time watching it with my mom,sadly my brother missed it because of work. I'd say the movie's just as good as the first one . KBV:2 has plenty of homages to QT's love for Kung Fu movies. One character that appears looks very very much like a Kung Fu master from one of those movies (complete with a long white beard which he stroks his fingers through many times and a Kung Fu death move)and one point the Brides daughter is watching "Shogun Assasain". I couldn't help but notice that written on a backage of bread was "Bimbo" which made me think of "Kablam" ceral from the first moive.
I'm not very good at this so I'll end with "some things that I learned from this movie." (Typed without Andrew Borntreger's permission)
1) Vengenace can make you survive shotgun shells and being buried alive.
2) Swords are not very handy in trailers.
3)You can shoot guns in buildings and nobody will call the police.
4) The bite of the Black Mamba can kill a person within twenty minutes if victim is bitten on the face.
5)Don't call your master a "miserable old man"

Ok, I know this is not very well written but I didn't see anybody else post this and it seems like somebody always beats me to it. Go see Kill Bill Vol:2 my review didn't do it justice.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Neville

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2004, 06:33:27 AM »

I can't account for the "Kablan" cereal, but "Bimbo" bread does exist in several european countries, including my own, Spain. My sister accidentally discovered that certain brands such as this one or "Horneyman's" tea and "Bonka" coffee have funny names whgen she went to Ireland and took some with them.

About the movie, I didn't like the first volume that much, but I found the script on the net and volume II seems much, much better. I'll probably watch it as soon as it is released in my country.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Neon Noodle
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2004, 08:02:07 PM »

lotta talking, but on the whole it wrapped things up well. Not as much gore as the first one, except for a few key scenes.

In the night, the skull came to his dreams and said, 'You are a fool to rejoice in the entanglements of life.'
Chuang Tzu couldn`t believe this and asked, 'If I could return you to your life, you would want that, wouldn`t you?'
Stunned by Chuang Tzu`s foolishness, the skull replied, 'How do you know that it is bad to be dead?'

-From The Matrix: The Path of Neo
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2004, 11:15:08 PM »

I thought the gory scenes were a little higher on the "yech!" factor than the entire first one, though.  Better quality, less quantity.  I liked the second one better...it was a little more well-rounded than the first.   The martial-arts stuff was mostly for comedy's sake, and I was glad that for the most part the action was a little more grounded in realism than the last one.   Most of the goofier stuff was saved for comic scenes.  I was inwardly groaning when she went to be trained, but it turned out to be played for laughs so I liked it.  

I can't really see how all of this could have gone into a single movie...not only because of length but because the two parts are so different, though maybe he decided to release two films early on and was able to shift gears a little more.
Anyway, I think this second one ranks with his better films.

And I liked what seemed like homages to Fulci and the movie VENOM.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2004, 05:55:43 PM »

Quentin Tarantino seems to have a knack for reviving washed up actors and getting strong performances out of them.  Some examples:

* Lawrence Tierney in RESERVOIR DOGS;
* John Travolta in PULP FICTION;
* David Carradine in KILL BILL, VOL. 2.

I hereby predict that Carradine will suddenly start showing up in much higher quality films than he's been in for the past 20+ years.  Movies like BOUND FOR GLORY and KILL BILL, VOL. 2, and TV shows like KUNG FU prove that the guy has acting talent.  So why does he waste his time making crap?

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
dean
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2004, 10:53:10 PM »

Due to you all being incompassionate bastards to the rest of us in the world who have to wait for kill bill 2 to come out, I shalt be boycotting this thread!!

It's out tomorrow, but I'm still annoyed; it's been too long.

Nothing personal, just the principle of the thing.

Jim Hepler
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2004, 11:01:44 PM »

"Vengenace can make you survive shotgun shells and being buried alive."

Just so you know, if you load shotgun shells with rock salt, you really can shoot someone point blank without killing them.  Totally believable.  Farmers use to shoot tresspassing kids with them, though not that close of course.

Oh yeah, I really liked it, but I have nothing to add.
daveblackeye15

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2004, 10:07:38 AM »

Jim Helper:

Yeah, I've always thought that rock salt was just another name for shotgun shells , until I heard that rock salt is something else when I heard that I said "whoops!" but I just never got around to changing my original post. And shotgun shells in someone's tits would proabably take the fight out of you (as well as a bunch other things)

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
dean
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2004, 11:43:16 AM »

Okay now that I've seen Vol 2 I am free to comment!

Good film; well done in many aspects, I liked the first one better but this one is still damn good.

one scene that stood out for me:

The 'Texan Burial' scene was really well done.  I think the key thing in this movie is the use of really really loud sound.  It was pretty freaky.

Also an interesting note is that when pai mai calls the bride an amatuer swordsman, he is actually saying japanese swordsman [translated as amatuer to make more sense]  Which sort of bears the point of what happens to the translation in other movies, and how much the meaning is changed: Japanese and Amatuer have really different significance in this scene for me, it changes the character of Pai Mai for me.

I guess he REALLY doesnt like the Japanese.
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2004, 03:30:31 PM »

"Japanese fat heads!"   My wife is always calling me a fathead so she laughed at that part.  

I really liked both Carradine and Michael Madsen.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Kill Bill Vol 2: All right! (spoilers) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.