Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:43:49 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Snuff Movie? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Snuff Movie?  (Read 4417 times)
Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2004, 11:47:08 PM »

That site with the detailed debunking of that clip was really interesting, and I must say that if I stumbled across that clip without seeing the site first, it would have creeped me out quite a bit.  Hell, it still does, and I know it's faked.  I'd like to think I would have noticed the bit about the blood doing all the wrong things, but the shock value is enough to keep you from thinking about that too clearly, at least for a while.
That French site looks like it has something cool on it, but I can't read the bloody thing.  What's it about?
Incidentally, my dog's name is Snuff.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
JohnL

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2004, 12:17:57 AM »

>if I stumbled across that clip without seeing the site first, it would have creeped
>me out quite a bit.

It did me when I first saw it a few years ago.

>That French site looks like it has something cool on it, but I can't read the bloody
>thing. What's it about?

Try plugging the URL into Babelfish and select French to English.
Mr. Hockstatter
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2004, 10:17:43 AM »

I think that goes all the way back to the ancient Romans, when they'd do stage plays and have captured prisoners (or maybe Christians) actually be killed in the sword fight scenes.  The actor would leave the stage and a stand-in would come and get killed.  They may have done those in the colisseum as a prelude to the games, or just as regular entertainment.
Fluffy Catfood
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2004, 06:07:23 AM »

Well from what I have read in a book called "mind hunter" (Its a biography of a guy called John Douglas, one of the guys who helped develope serial killer Profiling)
There is a mention of one guy who supposedly would kidnap children and take them down to Mexico and sell them to be used in Snuff movies, unfortunately I cant remember the guys name, its been a while since I read that book, I'll try and find it.

Actually I recomend that book, some damn scary stuff in there.
Jim Hepler
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2004, 06:43:21 PM »

I think it is likely at some point a snuff movie has been made, but it bears repeating that not a single one has been found.  

BTW, has anyone seen that video where the guy is stabbed in the throat and eventually decapitated?  I've heard it was fake from one place, and real from another.  Whatever the case, it disturbed me a bit.  Not a snuff film, in either case.
JohnL

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2004, 09:17:35 PM »

>BTW, has anyone seen that video where the guy is stabbed in the throat and
>eventually decapitated?

Is that the one with the soldier on the ground and another soldier sticks the knife in his throat? I heard it was real. Or are you talking about the footage of the guy kidnapped by terrorists a couple years ago? If so, that was real.
dean
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2004, 08:54:11 AM »

>>>The publisher of Screw magazine put out a $1,000,000 reward to anyone who could turn in a copy of one; the offer still stands

Does anyone else find that awfully enticing?  :-P

But seriously, I'm surprised that somebody hasn't actually made a snuff movie in order to claim the $1,000,000.  It bears the question would you kill somebody for a million bucks?  Someone, somewhere would say yes, and it's that possibility that makes the whole Snuff idea something I'd say is real.
Eirik
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2004, 09:16:09 PM »

"Don't worry, they don't exist. "

Oh yeah?  Tell that to Daniel Pearle's widow.  A snuff film doesn't necessarily have to be made for financial gain.  Islamic Extremist terrorists have tried to use them to intimidate we of the "less civilized and more inferior cultures of the world."
Gecko Brothers
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2004, 01:33:16 AM »

What is the movie snuff about?
JohnL

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2004, 11:41:33 AM »

>A snuff film doesn't necessarily have to be made for financial gain. Islamic
>Extremist terrorists have tried to use them to intimidate we of the "less civilized
>and more inferior cultures of the world."

Actually, I though part of the definition of a snuff movie was that it was done for money. I mean, over the years, many deaths have been filmed.
Eirik
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2004, 08:32:21 PM »

"But seriously, I'm surprised that somebody hasn't actually made a snuff movie in order to claim the $1,000,000. It bears the question would you kill somebody for a million bucks? Someone, somewhere would say yes, and it's that possibility that makes the whole Snuff idea something I'd say is real."

I think what prevents people from doing that would be the fact that they would be handing over evidence that they committed a murder to someone who would undoubtedly surrender it to the authorities once they had a proper warrant (if not before).  They'd have you connected to the film by virtue of your turning it over, they's have a victim to try to connect you to geographically and chronologically, and they'd have a seven-figure motive.  A million bucks will buy you some protection in prison, but that's about it.

JohnL - I didn't know profit motive was a part of the definition of a snuff film.  I had assumed that it was any murder committed for the camera qualified (i.e. most deaths caught on film, such as the ARVN colonel shooting the VC kid at point blank range wouldn't qualify as he didn't know he was being filmed).
JohnL

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2004, 07:38:13 PM »

>JohnL - I didn't know profit motive was a part of the definition of a snuff film.

Maybe it isn't, but that's what I always thought,
Phantom 187
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2004, 01:26:24 AM »

I think the mere fact that the movie would have to have been made after the offer renders it void in any case. I see what your saying Dean but these points I do not think make up the rules for a snuff film because then you can account all the Faces of Death type movies that are out there. I think the reason Mexico makes so many snuff film is that peoples families need money and these people are usually dieing already of diseases and hunger so they make a packed with a director to be killed for the special effect and then after the effect has been made and the movie makes money the families are paied.
Jim Hepler
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2004, 04:35:32 AM »

Profit motive is essential.  Otherwise, snuff would definetly exist.

I should probably mention I would not be at all suprised if a snuff film had been made at some point.  Likely, some private collector or rich pervert in south America has one.  But of course, he would never share it with anyone, would he?  So we'd never know.  Then again, if you paid to have one made, how would you know it was real?  There are some REALLY good faked deaths - I remember Charlie Sheen (I think it was him) getting all indignant and uppity after seeing Guinea Pig 2, which some people thought to be real, but is really just a very well made fake.
dean
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2004, 11:59:50 AM »

>>>I think the mere fact that the movie would have to have been made after the offer renders it void in any case. I see what your saying Dean but these points I do not think make up the rules for a snuff film because then you can account all the Faces of Death type movies that are out there. I think the reason Mexico makes so many snuff film is that peoples families need money and these people are usually dieing already of diseases and hunger so they make a packed with a director to be killed for the special effect and then after the effect has been made and the movie makes money the families are paied

Isn't that Mexico situation a similar one to mine? both are making money by being killed.  So let's use that theory: some poor family needs money to survive, one member is really sick and can't be saved so they decide to do a snuff film, and then hand it in for their million dollar reward [of course they aren't going to implicate themselves, so it shouldn't be obvious who was in it]

Either way the family is getting paid.

On another note, people involved in this business would have to be pretty desperate, pretty disturbed, or both, and I'm sure that there either has been or was somebody out there who has taken someone against their will and killed them on camera, maybe not specifically for making money, but they sell it anyway.

It's that incredibly morbid thought that makes this whole snuff movie thing so disturbing.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Snuff Movie? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.