Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:58:16 PM
714238 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Ballistic..." Mm-mm! I Smells Me A Turkey!! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Ballistic..." Mm-mm! I Smells Me A Turkey!!  (Read 1940 times)
Squishy
« on: September 09, 2002, 05:33:06 AM »

(1) The title. "Ballistic" itself is okay, even if it sounds like the last unused "one-word action-movie title" from the '80s. But "Ecks vs. Sever?" Meesa sorries--ECKS? SEVER? Go to hell.
(2) Antonio. And it isn't a "Spy Kids" movie. Uh-oh, warning klaxons going off everywhere! Antonio Banderas' best performance of late was when he complained that older women are having trouble finding roles--at which point he compared his wife, Melanie Griffith, to JESSICA LANGE. With a straight face he did this.
(3) Lucy. You've had your fifteen minutes, okay? And that was very, very generous in my opinion. Give someone with a little talent a chance.
(4) Ray Park. AKA "Toad." AKA, um, what's-his-name--you know, that short ugly doofus from "The Phantom Menace." What was his character's name again? Darth Noh? Darth Poo? Darth Flash-In-The-Pan? Darth Overrated? Aw, even the pimply fanboys who were worshipping his droppings three years ago don't care.
(5) Writer Peter Lenkov gave us Pauly Shore's "Son-In-Law," "Demolition Man," and "Universal Soldier II." And "III." Wouldn't one normally be deported, or shot, for doing things like that?
(6) Co-author Alan McElroy also wrote "Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers," "Wheels of Terror," "Spawn," and "Left Behind: The Movie." Excuse me, I have to go throw up now.
(7) Thai director Wych Kaosayananda (directing his first US film) calls himself "Kaos" for short. Excuse me, I have to go throw up again. Thou shalt not suffer a Wych to live.
(8) Executive producer: Andrew Stevens!

Oh, baby, this CAN'T be good...
Akira Tubo
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2002, 10:04:51 AM »

I smell an attempt at a franchise.
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2002, 10:23:42 AM »

Maby i'm liveing too clean a life. What is this thing? Neo-bond, XXX wanna be, perhaps?

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
XxSilverHxX
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2002, 03:40:53 PM »

Man if they have the chick "sever" i think beat Ecks that will suck.
John
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2002, 05:53:39 PM »

>Oh, baby, this CAN'T be good...

What do you expect for a video game inspired movie?
J.R.
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2002, 06:35:29 PM »

I think it has promise. When I first saw the trailer I thought it looked like one of those hyperkinetic Japanese or French action imports, then when I saw that it was American I thought, "Hmm, seems like we're catching on." Remember, not too many had high hopes for The Matrix. "Looks like Johnny Mnemonic 2,", I remember musing.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Ballistic..." Mm-mm! I Smells Me A Turkey!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.