Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:01:30 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  worst movie you've ever paid to see? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: worst movie you've ever paid to see?  (Read 10628 times)
Foywonder
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2002, 03:05:43 AM »

TOYS!

To this day, that may have been the most painful moviegoing experience ever. How I managed to sit through that movie from beginning to end, even I'll never know.

A close runner up would be JERKY BOYS: THE MOVIE (which is one of the only movies I have ever walked out of) and HUDSON HAWK (a movie so awful I actually walked out 20 minutes into, went down the hall, and decided to sit through STONE COLD for a second time (!) just to get my money's worth.

www.nowff.com
Neville
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2002, 04:41:32 AM »

... "Battlefield Earth". I had heard how terrible it was, but I expected to have some fun at the expense of Travolta and bought the damned tickett.
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2002, 09:01:23 AM »

Man, for some reason I like "Message from Space," but seem to be a minority.  

The review for this is coming in about a month (or so).

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2002, 09:21:59 AM »

I'd like to see "Message From Space" again.  I saw it when I was very young and can only remove a few brief images.

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
BlackAngel
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2002, 09:42:47 AM »

You know my choices, Batman and Robin and Mortal Kombat: The Abomination.  But another that come to mind was Naked Gun 2 1/2 and 33 1/3.  Those two never had the same impact as the first one
littlenemo
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2002, 11:11:24 AM »

I'de say "Buckaroo Banzai" that movie had me dumbfounded till the end. Now that I think about it, I'm still dumbfounded and don't go out much anymore. Who made that movie? I want to sue them for screwing up my head.:)
Babydoll
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2002, 11:21:58 AM »

I refuse to pay any money to see "Battlefield Earth".  I do not  like John Travolta!   Besides it bad.  

I liked "Troop Beverly Hills"!  It was funny.

Right now I am waiting to rent  the new "Star Wars"movie, "MIB", and "Monster, INC".  I hope I am not disappointed.
raj
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2002, 12:38:54 PM »

Buckaroo Bonzai requires multiple viewings to figure out what the hell is going on.  Watching it in college while (um, let's just say watching it in college) did not help the first time through.
John
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2002, 04:00:33 PM »

>a lingering closeup of a woman vomiting blood into a toilet & another lingering >closeup of a tongue ripped from a woman's mouth by a pair of tongs

The tongue ripping sounds like Mark of the Devil, but that wasn't set in modern times.

>Man, for some reason I like "Message from Space," but seem to be a minority.

I thought it was stupid, but I kind of liked the spaceships. I have a model of the 3-winged bug-like ship hanging from my ceiling.
Dano
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2002, 05:06:57 PM »

I understand that odd numbered Star Treks are SUPPOSED to suck, but good Lord this was an awful and boring movie.

I simply could not look at the Klingon without thinking about Taxi.
lester1/2jr
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2002, 05:09:00 PM »

1. City of lost Children- no offense to you delicatessen/ Amelie fans, I just hate this s**t.  I don't want to see beauty & the beast guy in a tight sweater.  Faux art films do not rule

2.  That Denzel Washington horror movie where the spirit passes from person to person.  "I know you're there Zezial!!!!"  funny f**king s**t

3.  Midnight in the garden of good & Evil -   you think that because what's his name is in it it'll ne good but oooooh no

4. Beverly Hills ninja-  This one is the worst of all of these.  

5.  Night of the comet- as a kid, the decision to see  this stinker was one of the worst ever.
Screwtape
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2002, 05:15:31 PM »

This one was painful to watch. Very painful. I still have nightmares.
BlackAngel
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2002, 12:44:40 AM »

Another Movie comes to mind was That Darn Cat.  My moms had to force me to take my brother and see this piece of s**t.  And, at the same time, I think the re-release of Star Wars 20th anniversery was out in theaters as well, and I wanted to see it so damn bad.  I think the theater we were in had both movies playing, but I couldn't take him there or he'll sing faster that Whitney Houston on a cocaine high.  And I can't leave him there, he was 7 at the time.  So the best thing I could do was sleep throught the whole entire movie (even the previews)
jmc
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2002, 12:49:08 AM »

Star Treks III and V.  

I don't pay to see many bad movies.  Usually I can tell pretty easily beforehand whether or not I'll like something.  But SIGNS is definitely the worst movie I've seen in the theater in a long time, though some of that was because of the misleading ad campaign.
peter johnson
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2002, 01:14:09 AM »

Oh, boy . . .
I also mostly liked Buckaroo Banzai.  I just sort of got sad with the film because of so many missed opportunities with the storyline -- I thought it should've been even MORE over-the-top!   And, while I have never seen Message From Space, or even heard of it, I thought the seashell spaceships in Buckaroo Banzai were very cool indeed.
Of course, I was "in college" too at the time -- ahem . . .
peter j.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  worst movie you've ever paid to see? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.