Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:03:02 AM
713344 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A Controversial Subject...... « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: A Controversial Subject......  (Read 19742 times)
K-Sonic
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2002, 01:21:57 AM »

jmc:BTW, the idea that Indians were somehow pure and free of any sort of hatred or negative behavior before they encountered the evil white man is not only wrong, it's racist.

I said the Indians were balanced in nature. An example can be that they didn't over-populate or pollute. Of course they could have hatred and/or negative behavior because they are men just the same. That's not racist at all.
But look at the tactics that brought them down. Introduction of disease, hard alcohol and just plain old violence. It still goes on. Crack, AIDS, guns....it goes on and on my friend.  And that was the point I was trying to make.

BTW, never in my post do I mention "the white man".
Anonymous User
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2002, 08:23:40 AM »

Yep.

Squishy
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2002, 09:21:47 AM »

ig·no·rance  (n.) The condition of being uneducated, unaware, or uninformed. (note: NOT synonymous with "patriotism.")
-------------------------
"Now do you see why it is imperative that we attack
Iraq?"
China is an "evil regime" that has nukes. Why is it not imperative that we attack them?  (As opposed to awarding them "Most Favored Nation" trade status.) Say, India has the Bomb, and they're pretty swarthy-lookin.' Shall we kill them too? Osama and most of the hijackers were Saudis, and Saudi Arabia trains and indoctrinates anti-US terrorists. Why not nuke the crap out of Saudi Arabia? Oh yeah--that might make fillin' the SUV up pretty pricey. Never mind.

Hey, suddenly "good" and "evil" ARE relative, after all... Just like when a Republican's daughter gets busted with a pocketful of Coke, or Enron executives get caught with their hands in the cookie jar.

This "imperative" is, by your own words, based on a "feeling" you have--not fact, nor even vague information. That's preposterous. You might as well be living your life based on what the Magic 8-Ball tells you.

Hussein might indeed strike at the US. (So might the Montana Militia.) However, Saddam knows that doing so will result in the utter destruction of Iraq. This is not a gibbering loony we're talking about; this is a crafty, vicious son of a b***h who has held an entire country in his grasp for decades. If we're going to suddenly start up a war we felt VERY comfortable abandoning a decade earlier, I NEED TO SEE PROOF. "President" Dimbulb saying, "trust me, I've never lied before" and "we have proof but we can't let you see it" doesn't even begin to cut it.

And if you can't see what Cheney and his pet meatpuppet George have to gain by creating a phony war, you haven't been paying attention.
I remember what the President said right after
the attacks last year. He said, "either you're with us, or
you're with the terrorists."
--------------------------
...Considering "us" have been helping arm Iraq (and other "evil regimes") over the years--even while Hussein was using "weapons of mass destruction" on his own people, to our full knowledge--I'm a little confused by Dum-Dum's ultimatum.

Cheney & Friends were making lots of money dealing with post-Gulf War Iraq--during the Embargo. He was also negotiating with the Taliban over the construction of an oil pipeline all the way up to early September 2001. Whoopsie-doodle. Now we're being asked (well, told, really) to trust that sound judgment once again.

When you examine the facts (as opposed to regurgitating whatever the flag-waving Corporate Spin Machine tosses out to you and/or relying on the Force, the Magic 8-Ball, and your Quija board), the situation becomes more complex--which is probably why examining the facts isn't all that popular. Instead, you can kick back, have a beer, wave a flag, and watch people die on TV. Woooooo!

(Unless, of course, something goes terribly, terribly wrong. But hey, death's like Global Warming. Bush says, "you get used to it.")
Neville
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2002, 09:58:27 AM »

Ashthecat said: "You seem to always disagree with everyone and that is your right."

Well, thanks to understand that. If I use to disagree with the other regulars (specially on politics) is because I am not american, not because I enjoy quarreling.

Ashthecat said: "You like to take other people's comments and then quote them and then turn it around to your favor."

I really don't know what you mean with that :-) Now seriously, I use to reproduce the points I talk about for clarity's sake.

Ashthecat said: "Do you honestly think the Bush administration would consider attacking Iraq for no reason?"

Never said that. I really hope there is a serious reason for attacking another country.

Ashthecat said: "In my opinion they are insects that should be stepped on and crushed. And after they are crushed, someone should take a magnifying glass and scorch their bodies, erasing all proof of their existense. They both are evil incarnate and must be exterminated at ALL costs."

Probably Nazis thought the same on jews. And do you really believed all that "Evil" crap thing? Reagan used to call former USSR "an evil empire". Looks that all that is needed to become "Good" is to become an ally of the USA. BTW, is Pakistan good or evil? Last time I heard a great portion of the country was in favour of the Talibans. But of course, they helped the USA and now General Musharraff can be in power for at least 5 more years without thinking on democracy, elections or things like that.

Ashtecat said: "I'm not Jewish but I, and probably all of the rest of you know that the Jews have been persecuted for hundreds of years. If you need a lesson watch Schindler's List (which I just finished watching earlier tonight). After all of the s**t Jews have been through they deserve the state of Israel that they are currently living in."

I see. So your point is that if a certain group of people suffer abuse (and certainly the Jews did), they automatically must be put in a situation where they can abuse another group of people without being judged or bothered until the end of times.

Ashthecat said: "If I have offended you....I'm not sorry and I never will be. That's MY right."

Uhmmm... Don't think so. Probably I skipped that part of the Constitution.

Ashthecat said: ". I find that I tend to vent my frustration on world issues and other people's idiocy and shortsightedness in the form of writing. "

Have you looked at yourself in the mirror? To disagree with others' views is one thing, to insult is a very different one.
Dano
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2002, 11:59:30 AM »

There's archaeological evidence that the American indians drove dozens of species (including an indigenous horse) into extinction, and they soil eroded the entire Southwest by overfarming.  The indians are people, just like any other people in the world.  Don't confuse a lack of technological innovation with "balance in nature."

As for your other nonsense, nobody can suspend the Constitution for any reason.  The executive orders you cite (if they really exist as YOU interpret them, which I have questions about) are all done within the limits of the Constitution and can be found UNconstitutional by the supreme court if they are ever applied.  Congress of course is another check against them with its control of funding (they can simply cut off FEMA's money.  (Wasn't there an AWFUL made for TV movie based on the laughable premise that FEMA launched a coup de etat against the government during an emergency?  Is that your SOURCE for this, K-Sonic??).

People like you are always good for a laugh...  well, until you rent Ryder trucks and start buying fertilizer in bulk.
Dano
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2002, 12:09:46 PM »

Um...  China may be "evil" in how they treat their citizens... but when exactly was the last time they invaded a foreign country?  I'll answer that for you: Tibet in the 1700's.  Meanwhile Iraq has invaded Kuwait and Iran in the last 25 years, AND they've launched ballistic missiles at Israel and Saudi Arabia.  

China may have nuke-bio-chem weapons, but have they ever used them?  Nope.  Iraq has them and HAS used them just miles from the border of a NATO signatory (that's Turkey, and NATO is a treaty of mutual defense between the US, Turkey and 16 or 17 other countries FYI).  

Did Mohammad Atta meet with the head of Chinese intelligence in Prague a couple of months before September 11?  No.

Did Mohammad Atta meet with the head of Iraqi intelligence in Prague a few months before September 11?  Yes.

We can say the same things about India that we said about China, shooting to pieces your pathetic insinuation that this effort against Iraq is driven by racism.

Some people need pictures drawn for them I guess.

Sorry you don't like Bush.  Sorry your guy lost in 2000.  Sorry Florida Demicrats have trouble with simple ballots (and still seem to).  Sorry we couldn't suspend the Constitution, abolish the electoral college, and go to a straight popular vote.  Actually, no I'm not.  If Gore were president on September 11, Osama and Mullah Mohammad would have been laughing in Kabul as we pulled out our troops from Saudi and begged the UN for help.
Dano
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2002, 12:17:53 PM »

Fact check: China DID invade Vietnam around the 1980's, although Vietnam started this conflict in a naval engagement.  For those wondering, the Chinese were repelled following massive casualties.  The Vietnamese navy shot up some Chinese ships in the late 1980's as well and China did not respond.  Not exactly what I would call a real "conqueror."
Squishy
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2002, 05:21:48 PM »

Fact check: the Floridians who seem to have the most trouble with ballots are Jeb and his minions. (And earlier, Poppy's appointees to the Supreme Court.) Oh look, a bunch of uncounted ballots!! Again! Don't worry, Jeb sez, we will get it right...next time. Hyuck. (Oh, get over it.)

Brain check: "...your pathetic insinuation that this effort against Iraq is driven by racism?!?" Straight from the Ann Coulter school of "debate"- through-diversion. While racism has always been a precious, vital tool to Republicans, it doesn't enter into my argument.

Iraq has been chosen for political ends; to avenge Poppy's failure to end Saddam's threat (itself a political calculation that backfired) and to "bookend" the Clinton adminstration (hey, if that's not a good reason to sacrifice American lives, what is?).

The purpose of this new pending "war" is simply to keep us distracted from the blossoming fireball that is our economy. ("We'll pay for it all out of the Surplus! We'll pay for it ALL out of the Surplus!" ...who has the Fuzzy Math now, smart guy?)

...Some people need pictures drawn for them I guess.
ASHTHECAT
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2002, 05:57:16 PM »

I'm sorry Squishy but you just don't get it.  The Bush administration is made up of some of the most brilliant minds in the word and they are not stupid.  They are looking at the big picture.  They are looking down the road.  When it comes right down to it what is it you think that deep down every red-blooded American wants?  We want freedom, liberty and justice and everything else that was laid out in the Constitution of the U.S. over 200 years ago.  Those men weren't stupid either.  They had some of the most brilliant minds too.  When either 2, 5 or 10 years from now when saddam or whomever he sold his nuclear payload to, decides to and accomplishes a successful attack on the U.S. and tens of thousands of people, maybe millions are killed what will you say then?  Hmm?  I think that in the back of not only your, but everyone else's mind we would've wished that we'd have gone in there and taken his ass down to prevent such a thing from happening and IF WE DON"T TAKE ACTION NOW, IT WILL.  Mark my words.  You know it.  I know it.  We all know it.  The way I see it is that the Bush administration is and has been looking down that road for a long time now.  It isn't about revenge.  You need to understand that Iraq is A VERY SERIOUS THREAT TO EVERYTHING THAT THE U.S. REPRESENTS AND STANDS FOR.    He and all of the rest of his "cronies"  are simply looking to preserve the United States of America's very life as we know it.
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2002, 06:08:41 PM »

The best attempt at examing how an American Coup might happen was in Frankenheimer's Seven Days in May.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
ASHTHECAT
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2002, 06:08:57 PM »

Oh, by the way.  Don't f**king quote me in any future posts you make please.  I hate that s**t and right off the bat I tend to disregard what you've typed and only focus on how p**sed I am on what you've just quoted me on.  If you can't get off your chest in your own words without quoting me than you've got a long way to go my friend.  The whole quote feature on this phorum in my opinion tends to be demeaning.  How many people do you see on here use it for good?  No one.  It serves no purpose but to turn one's words around against them.  I think this feature should be removed.
Squishy
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2002, 06:37:53 PM »

"The Bush administration is made up of some of the most brilliant minds in the word and they are not stupid. They are looking at the big picture. They are looking down the road... You know it. I know it. We all know it."

Ha ha ha. Thank you. That's the funniest thing I've ever read. Ever. Maybe you can adopt this as your mantra while you watch the s*** continue to hit the fan. Oh wait, it already is your mantra. Love the redundancy. :)

"Oh, by the way. Don't ****ing quote me in any future posts you make please. ...I think this feature should be removed." (Obscenity removed by Squishy)

You're going to have a hard time removing "cut and paste," brilliant mind; that's what I use. Say, maybe you could try to get John Ashcroft to have me locked away without legal representation. Otherwise, I'll quote whatever public source I wish; welcome to America.

"It serves no purpose but to turn one's words around against them."

Hey, you're catching on. But I suppose that's only okay when "us" used it against "them," hah? Your reaction is your problem. Again, try Ashcroft. Maybe he can change the Constitution for you.

HEY EVERYONE! Want to read more "brilliant mind" stuff written in Ash's interesting style? Check out "Equal Time with Bob Boudelang." Biased and unfair? You bet. And it's about time.
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2002, 06:54:19 PM »

Squishy wrote:
>
>
>
> HEY EVERYONE! Want to read more "brilliant mind" stuff
> written in Ash's interesting style? Check out
> "Equal Time with Bob Boudelang." Biased and unfair? You bet. And it's about time.

Now THAT'S funny!

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2002, 07:19:20 PM »

Everyone, though it applies more to two gentleman than most, please keep it polite here. Honestly, a political debate always resembles a flame war in the end, so I sort of dreaded where this post might go and refrained from posting myself.

I am ready to go to war. If we stay here, then I am just as ready to keep training my Marines so that, when we do go to war, more of us come home.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
ASHTHECAT
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2002, 07:33:21 PM »

You're right Andrew.  It has become a flame war and I must admit I started it.  I do apologize for it getting out of hand.  Just imagine what it would be like if we all were actually in the same room together!  Remember,  we are all on the same side.  I hope.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A Controversial Subject...... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.