Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:14:24 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies that should not have had sequels. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Movies that should not have had sequels.  (Read 12825 times)
ErikJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2002, 11:37:17 PM »

josh patrick wrote:
>
> the scream movies there should have only been one they all
> sucked, really bad. i saw the first thinking it was going to
> be good, it sucked. i saw the second thinking, hey maybe wes
> did better this time quess what.........nope. i saw the third
> thinking hey third times the charm............no its NOT. i
> dont see what the big deal about these movies was they all
> sucked ass.

You are so right on that

If God is watching us, the least we can do is be
entertaining.

Phantosmos
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2002, 01:03:30 AM »

Erik is right.  Those Scream sequels were monotonous and stupid.  As for other movies that should not have had sequels, some would include:

The Neverending Story - The first film is one of the best fantasy films ever conceived.  Now, the second film is not really all that bad as a general movie, but it has no place as a sequel.  I did not see the third one, but I'm sure it is dreadful, or so I've heard.

Friday the 13th - The first film wasn't even very good, but 9 sequels?  I rest my case.

Nightmare on Elm Street - Although I liked "Wes Craven's New Nightmare", these should have been halted after the second movie.

The Howling - Now this is strange, because the first film and the fifth film happen to be the only good movies in the entire canon.  Usually, sequels get progressively worse, but the 5th movie happened to be quite interesting.  I cannot say the same for the rest, and the latest one, "New Moon Rising", is easily on my list of the Top 10 Worst Films Ever Made (see my post to view the other 9).

National Lampoon's Vacation - The first movie was funny, and the Christmas film was okay, but the Griswald's European and Vegas adventures were absurd.

Halloween - The first film is probably one of the greatest horror films ever made.  The sequels all stink.  There is not a decent one amongst them.

Jaws - I don't think I even need to mention this.

B-Dogulous
J.R.
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2002, 02:13:43 AM »

Police Academy- the first was lame, so six sequels were made. Wha?
Luke Bannon
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2002, 05:58:54 AM »

I know what you did last summer. I wasn't impressed that much with the first but the second... UGH! Or Tremors. The first is one of my favorites but was a sequel necessary?
M.G.A.
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2002, 10:09:02 AM »

The new movie "Time Machine" really sucked!
Luke Bannon
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2002, 10:38:39 AM »

Another one is Escape from LA. Ok, Bruce Campbell was good in it (as usual) and Kurt Russel was too but apart from that it was rotten.
josh patrick
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2002, 10:53:12 AM »

What Escape from L.A. was awesome and bruce was hardly in, only the skilled b-movie trained eye could catch him. I know Escape from L.A. was cheesy and everything, but thats why it was so cool. The ending was interesting too, ok its basicly the same as the first one, but who cares watch it for what it is and i will promise you WILL enjoy it. Tremors 2 was cool too, although 3 sucked.
John
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2002, 12:07:20 AM »

>What Escape from L.A. was awesome

I ddn't think it was anywhere near as good as Escape from New York. It had some good parts, but most of it was silly, like a parody of the first movie. The first one was mostly believable, but the second was too far fetched (I don't mean the plot, but the details).
Susan
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2002, 03:09:01 PM »

Exorcist II  - simply an abomination

Creepshow II

Grease II

Staying Alive

An American Werewolf in Paris

Psycho ( any sequel, pick one)

Robocop (any sequel)

Pet Semetary 2 (aka: what the hell where they thinking)

Carrie 2

Teen Wolf, Too! (come to think of it we didn't need to see the first one)

Weekend at Bernies 2

jaws 3D was bad, but it can't top "Jaws: The Revenge"

I kinda wanna add stuff like Porky's and Meatballs to this list but that would be admitting the originals had some redeaming quality to them. ;-)

Nightmare on Elm street shouldn't have had sequels - tho the last one was the absolute worst. I agree with most of the suggestions above

Luke Bannon
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2002, 03:47:20 PM »

The leprechaun films should have stopped after 3. I know no-one likes the first but some liked the 2nd and many agree the 3rd was the 'best' (not saying much) but after that an already woeful series (except for Davis' fine performances as the green meanie) really sunk low. I mean Leprechaun in space and in the hood? And now they're making back in the hood, come on! One good thing though it's giving Davis work and pay cheques.
John
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2002, 02:45:11 AM »

>Creepshow II

It had its moments. The killer oil slick was pretty good and based on one of King's short stories.

>Grease II

Without it, Michelle Pfeiffer probably wouldn't have a career today. Besides she was hot in that movie and it automatically gets points for not having John Revolta in it.

>Weekend at Bernies 2

This one I don't agree with at all, I thought it was hilarious. "Swim with the fishes you zombie bastard!"
Susan
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2002, 11:55:10 AM »

>The killer oil slick was pretty good and based on one of King's short stories<<

Yeah, it was probably the only segment from that film that I can even say was descent however. It just didn't need to be done.

As for Grease II - to each his own, that movie is horrendous...whether a chick was "hot" in it or not. Awful music, very bad plot, rehashing of same gags, aged actors, and the lead actor was so bad. Some movies don't need sequels (whether they're good to begin with or not) Amityville horror for example..and didn't "the birds" even have sequels or remakes or something?

Here's another sequel from hell: "Troll 2"

So, who's look forward to the sequel for "Battlefield Earth"?

Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2002, 01:48:32 PM »

Susan wrote:

> Some movies don't need sequels
> (whether they're good to begin with or not) Amityville horror
> for example..and didn't "the birds" even have sequels or
> remakes or something?

I'll never get over watching all of the AMITYVILLE movies.

And THE BIRDS did indeed have a sequel.  A made-for-TV gem called THE BIRDS II: LANDS END.  Wait, did I say gem?  I meant "lump of coal".  It was mostly about some stupid couple's boring marriage problems.  It also had Tippi Hedren in a role unrelated to her's in the previous movie.  An "Alan Smithee" film.

>
> Here's another sequel from hell: "Troll 2"
>

I derive untold joy from just how bad TROLL 2 is.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2002, 02:39:43 PM »

Mofo Rising wrote:
>
>  
> And THE BIRDS did indeed have a sequel.  A made-for-TV gem
> called THE BIRDS II: LANDS END.  Wait, did I say gem?  I
> meant "lump of coal".  It was mostly about some stupid
> couple's boring marriage problems.  It also had Tippi Hedren
> in a role unrelated to her's in the previous movie.  An "Alan
> Smithee" film.
>
>

I wrote a review of The Birds 2 over at scifilm

http://www.scifilm.org/reviews/birds2.html

read it, if you dare.  Alan Smithee subbed for director Rick (Halloween: Resurrection) Rosenthal.  Seems that when he took the project he was allowed to rewrite a terrible script.  However, a day or two prior to filming Rosenthal was informed by the producers that he had to go with the original script and not the one he had had altered, so he made the movie sans credit as it was not a movie had agreed to make.  Frankly I would have walked completely.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2002, 07:49:53 PM »

Chadzilla wrote:
>
>so he made the movie sans credit as it was not a movie had agreed to make.  >Frankly I  would have walked completely.

He probably had a mortgage payment due, or something like that.  Poor fellow.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies that should not have had sequels. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.