Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:10:40 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies that should not have had sequels. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Movies that should not have had sequels.  (Read 12821 times)
K-Sonic
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2002, 12:48:28 AM »

Rocky
King Kong (1933 & 1976)
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Friday the 13th
Jaws
Blood Feast
The Devil Bat
Scary Movie
The Hills Have Eyes
Creature from the Black Lagoon
The Abominable Dr. Phibes
Malus Diabolus
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2002, 08:02:03 AM »

The Omen 2-4. (yes, they made a four- "made for tv movie" that starred a little girl and her unborn twin who lived inside her.

Classic
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2002, 08:28:39 AM »

" a little girl and her unborn twin who lived inside her"

That sounds like one of those "Very Special" episodes.  You know, the kind the whole family should see.
=====================================================================

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Luke Bannon
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2002, 11:56:38 AM »

Sounds real good. Not.
Vermin Boy
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2002, 05:21:04 PM »

I actually thought Son of Kong had an interesting premise-- the filmmaker who brought Kong back has to deal with all the lawsuits-- but they never did anything with it.

I'm holding out judgement on Blood Feast 2 until I actually see it. True, it didn't *need* a sequel, but at the very least it's nice to see HGL back in the director's chair.
XxSilverHxX
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2002, 01:52:53 PM »

Free Willy
Babydoll
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2002, 02:54:14 PM »

ALIEN 3 and ALIEN 4: RESURRECTION!
Luke Bannon
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2002, 03:54:35 PM »

Hmm, Flipper.
AndyC
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2002, 04:27:55 PM »

Amazingly enough, there was one movie not mentioned. Smokey and the Bandit was one of my favourites, but the sequels sucked. Not only did they just rehash the same story and the same jokes, they just got progressively more stupid.

The original was somewhat believable, or at least my disbelief could be easily suspended. A pair of southern tycoons make a big-money bet with a has-been legendary trucker to bootleg a load of beer. The trucker enlists/coerces his more responsible buddy, who has settled down with a wife and kids. Along the way, through some unusual circumstances, they pick up a bride fleeing a wedding, and attract the attention of her would-be father-in-law, a stereotypical southern cracker sheriff who brings all of law enforcement down on them. The performances are funny, the action is done well, and the story is pretty good.

Then we got the exact same story, but with elephants, and stuffed fish and Dom deLuise doing accents, and Sheriff Justice went from caricature to full-blown cartoon character. Burt Reynolds only shows up for a cameo in the third movie, and Jerry Reed becomes the bandit, and the Enoses are making bets with the sheriff. Aaaaaaagh!
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2002, 05:02:25 PM »

Few things indeed can match the horror that is Smokey and the Bandit Part 3, would you believe I had the soundtrack back in the day?

SING IT WITH ME!!!.....

"Buford T. Justice, fearless law of Texas.
The man who chased The Bandit coast to coast.
Buford T. Justice, now you've gone and left us.
Where are you Justice when we need you the most?"

I feel so bad for Jackie Gleason, the Great One reduced to THAT.

And just what was the item that the ersatz Bandit and the retired Justice were chasing each other all over Florida for in Part 3?

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
raj
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2002, 05:23:17 PM »

Chadzilla wrote:

> And just what was the item that the ersatz Bandit and the
> retired Justice were chasing each other all over Florida for
> in Part 3?

The last shred of their dignity.

I guess you can throw Cannon Ball Run II in this bin as well.
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2002, 05:58:36 PM »

I guess you can throw Cannon Ball Run II in this bin as well.

I throw the first one in as well.

Gimmee "Gumball Ralley" any day

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2002, 06:36:30 PM »

Well, actually, it was big plastic shark (I think it was the baby shark prop from Jaws 3-D, released that same year).

When asked if he had every cried while watching a movie, Jackie Gleason responded "While watching one of the Smokey and the Bandit movies."

I'll take a wild guess that it was this one.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
AndyC
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2002, 07:34:38 PM »

I liked the first Cannonball Run. I would say that and the original Smokey and the Bandit were Hal Needham's only real successes as a director. They're the ones people remember anyway.

Speaking of Needham, imagine what Megaforce 2 might have been like. Now, try to sleep with that horrifying image in your mind.
Susan
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2002, 11:59:33 AM »

Not that it was great, but the RAMBO sequels progressively sucked harder

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies that should not have had sequels. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.