Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:04:51 AM
714354 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  PAX: Bad Movie Heaven « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: PAX: Bad Movie Heaven  (Read 7672 times)
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2002, 09:42:52 PM »

I like 'em in a "Hey, I...

I didn't like them in a literary sense.  Like the Harry Potter books, the excerpts seemed written in a very juvenile manner.  I could understand maybe young teens enjoying them, but certainly not adults.  So I was confused by their popularity.  I guess it says more about our culture than the books itself :(

Haven't seen it, but I like the videos though.

Then I will withhold comment so you can come to your own conclusions

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2002, 08:57:18 PM »

PAX seems to be on people's minds lately, so I thought I'd ask the question, "What would be the ultimate PAX project?"  What would it be about?  Who would it star?

I think it would be a mini-series with people dealing with the natural [sic] disasters brough on by the Apocalypse.  I'm not sure who would star, but Casper Van Dien would undoubtedly be included.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2002, 09:05:28 PM »

Left Behind - The SERIES

Scary thing is, they are really making it.  AND YOU CAN AUDITION!!! And NO ACTING EXPERIENCE IS NEEDED!!!

Think of it as The West Wing meets 24 with the Anti-Christ as President and the Born Agains fighting the clock to save souls and kick Ulitimate Evil's ASS!!!

Go to www.cloudtenpictures.com for further details.

I swear I'm gonna review some of those movies for this website, asap.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2002, 01:19:10 AM »

Kyla wrote:
okay... i think it's hilarious that some people think just because something (ie: movies,music, ect) has a religious affiliation that makes it GOOD
NO!!!!  i have seen/heard alot of stuff that was total crap, quality wise, but it gets on the market and actually does well because it seems people are afraid of "God's wrath" if they say something made in"His" honor isn't good.

*****  Has it occurred to anyone that maybe God is a bad movie fan?  Think about that - how many bad movies take as their premise stuff from Revelations?  The dead rising from their grave?

And the Lord said unto Raimi and Romero, "Go forth and make me crap!"

Dano
"Today's Sermon: Homer Rocks!"
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2002, 01:29:30 AM »

Squishy wrote:  I think the whole End Times predictions can be hearded into that, for Chist said only the Father knew the exact time and place the events would unfold, no one else.
*****  Just to throw out another take on End Times, many people (myself included here) interpret the End of Days/Second Coming/Apocalypse to be a figurative event that symbolizes death.  In other words, when "the master of the house returns," and "you know not the hour," that will be a different time for everyone - whenever you should happen to die.  Under this interpretation, the world itself in its physical form (the universe, not necessarily the planet Earth) goes on forever, but every soul has its own Judgement Day.

Still, the more literal interpretations have inspired some great fiction and some utter garbage, both of which I greatly appreciate.

: )

Dano
John
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2002, 04:57:31 AM »

Speaking of the Apocalypse, anyone have opinions on The Rapture with Mimi Rodgers?
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2002, 01:34:44 PM »

Dano wrote:
>
> Squishy wrote:  I think the whole End Times predictions can
> be hearded into that, for Chist said only the Father knew the
> exact time and place the events would unfold, no one else.

Hey, I wrote that...

> *****  Just to throw out another take on End Times, many
> people (myself included here) interpret the End of
> Days/Second Coming/Apocalypse to be a figurative event that
> symbolizes death.  In other words, when "the master of the
> house returns," and "you know not the hour," that will be a
> different time for everyone - whenever you should happen to
> die.  Under this interpretation, the world itself in its
> physical form (the universe, not necessarily the planet
> Earth) goes on forever, but every soul has its own Judgement
> Day.
>
> Still, the more literal interpretations have inspired some
> great fiction and some utter garbage, both of which I greatly
> appreciate.
>
> : )
>

I, for one, am thankful for The Omen trilogy and Jerry Goldsmith's wonderful score.

:)

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Dano
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2002, 05:07:58 PM »

Hey, I wrote that...
*****  Sorry Chadzilla - I got mixed up.  I'll source my quotes better next time.
My bad.

Dano
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2002, 06:04:32 PM »

John wrote:
>
> Anyone have opinions on The
> Rapture with Mimi Rodgers?

Well my wife saw it and was unimpressed, her description of the movie's story didn't snag my interest enough to make a go of watching it.

Anyone else see it?

Chadzilla
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2002, 06:06:32 PM »

Nothing, really.

Chadzilla
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  PAX: Bad Movie Heaven « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.