Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:14:30 AM
713330 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  New George A Romero Project .... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New George A Romero Project ....  (Read 4841 times)
Fritz
« on: April 24, 2001, 05:42:24 PM »

I've just read Empire magazine, one of the new projects mentioned was by one George A Romero.

Called The Assassination, it's about a Dominican revolutionary who attepts to overthrow a currupt leader.

Sounds a bit strange movie for Romero, it will see him team up with Ed Harris agian.

Ok so far, well the star of the movie is going to be Ricky Martin.

Please say it's a joke..
Stupid Jacob
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2001, 06:09:38 PM »

I remember hearing about this. If I remember correctly Ricky Martin (brrrr) is in it, but he is only a secondary character. But that still scares me.
BadTaste_nz
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2001, 06:29:28 PM »

ricky marten, hes no actor, hes some gay singer guy,

George should put his standards higher than him, get someone like,,,....
Shawn Micheals!

lol
Flock of Seagulls
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2001, 10:45:48 PM »

I also hear that Ed Harris, who was in Romero's Knightriders, may also be in it. And for what it's worth, I hear Ricky's character gets it in the end! (sorry)
Josh Leman
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2001, 10:51:59 PM »

George Romero is awful.  He's an awful, awful man.  The original Night of the Living Dead was a great horror movie, but after that he hit his head or something, and everything else he's made has been either mediocre or just plain AWFUL!  Especially Dawn of the Dead, which is amazingly popular and influential for some reason, and Knightriders, which isn't that popular but still has a devoted following.  I'd give both of those movies skull ratings, while Day of the Dead and the NOTLD remake get one slime each.  Why is Ed Harris stupid enough to keep working with this guy?

AWFUL!!!
Squishy
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2001, 04:47:43 AM »

"Satan" is a bit harsh. Ask around, and I'm sure everyone will come up with a different Prince of Darkness (which reminds me I feel that way about 90% of John Carpenter's work). Oh, and you didn't mention "Monkey Shines." Yergh.

And hold yer horses over Ricky Martin's role, everyone. Perhaps Tom Savini will work on it and give us all orgasms by turning him into a giant squib effect--you know, like James Caan in "The Godfather," but with entrails.

Better yet, something could go "horribly, horribly" wrong...

Bad Squishy! Not nice. Bad thoughts!
Fritz
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2001, 04:52:21 AM »

Being a bit controversial there Josh !!

Dawn was a ground-breaking film at it's time, I love the charater development in it (apart from Francine who just got on my nerves) The uncut version is pretty gross. Also the 'Bad' ending version is sought after by fans like the holy grail.

Day's pants because of buget cuts, although it did leave it open for the often rumored 'Twilight of the Dead'

The original Night made no money for George and it had just hit public domain, so he made Night 1990 which p**ses on the original story.

Knightriders was cack though.

F
Nathan
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2001, 10:17:45 AM »

Hey, everyone's allowed misfires.  And you can't really blame Romero for Night '90; he honestly thought Tom Savini could direct it.  Directors hog the glory for success, so the director should bear the brunt of the failures, not producer Romero.

Romero's a great director who's made some bad movies.  If we lynched everyone at his level or lower, this site would be named badmustseetv.org.

Nathan
Flangepart
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2001, 11:43:22 AM »

Right, like your the only one who's had bad thoughts about an actor/actress.....espchualy actresses. Cores, those don't involve fatalitys......where was i? Ah yes, giant squib effect. Involving a tank, perhaps?
Mofo Rising
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2001, 02:47:22 PM »

I know I felt the same way when I discovered Billy Ray Cyrus (of Achey-Breaky Heart fame) has a part in David Lynch's new project MULHOLLAND DRIVE.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  New George A Romero Project .... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.