Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:35:51 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Day of the Dead ** « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Day of the Dead **  (Read 5239 times)
Scott
« on: April 25, 2001, 01:43:03 PM »

Just viewed DAY OF THE DEAD. Its the third of the Romaro bunch. The music and actors stunk. Zombies are ok, just more of DAWN OF THE DEAD type stuff. Nothing like the orginality of the original NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD. The doctor "frankenstien" was the only good character in this film with his experiments, but the rest felf like a waste of time, but at least I finally seen the whole DEAD series.

I'll give it  ** stars just because it has zombies in it, i suppose.
Fritz
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2001, 04:05:25 PM »

The Doctor was set to be one of the main characters in the original DAY story, but buget cuts ment that Romero could only have one Bub instead of a hole army of  'good zombies'. It's not so bad, it's just very talkie.
StatCat
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2001, 05:34:42 PM »

What is seriously so bad about this movie? Sure it has talkative scenes but for gods sakes it builds up tension which is what Romero wanted. This is my favorite film out of the Romero zombie series unlike Dawn of the Dead (which I also liked just not as much) it didn't feature pasty blue faced zombies. I asked some people in my newsgroup what their favorite film out of the Romero series was and most pointed to Day of the Dead to my surprise. To say the acting is bad is also pretty weak. Rhodes really plays out to be the nasty character he is suppose to be and everyone seemed to work great at their parts. The zombies are very nicely done and some of my favorites. I think savini accomplished what he wanted and that was to make zombies appear frightening again. The ending featured some of the most gruesome deaths I have seen in a zombie film. Seriously consider the movie, take in what it is, and you might take it differently.
Josh Leman
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2001, 10:20:14 PM »

George Romero is the antichrist, dagnabit.  Night of the Living Dead was a masterpiece but then everything else he's made has been awful!!  I WANT GEORGE ROMERO DEAD!!!
Zombie Keeper
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2001, 12:53:34 PM »

I felt Rhodes and his sidekick Steel where over the top. Other than that, great zombies compared to the previous two films. Terrific make-up effects by Savini and a remarkable job of acting from Richard Liberty (Dr. Logan, Frankenstien).

Zombie Keeper - http://www.zombiekeeper.com/
Drunken Mantis
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2001, 09:42:23 AM »

This is my favorite of the trilogy because of all the talky bits. The music was great and the sfx very realistic. If you don't like this film then shame on you.
StatCat
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2001, 06:08:19 PM »

I also liked the music it worked in several parts especially the beginning when Sarah stares at a calender and the hands pop out and he chopper scene where the zombies emerge. The movie features one of my favorite zombies next to Tarman, Dr. Tongue the zombie at the title
Lefteris/ SPLATTER GALLERY
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2001, 05:39:51 PM »

"Day Of The Dead" is killer and the gore FX by Savini are just unbelievable. "Doc. Frankenstein" is not the only good character in the movie- "Bub", the zombie kicks ass too! Waiting for a 4th part in the zombie trilogy!
Zakk
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2001, 09:32:36 PM »

I have to admit I didn't care too much for Day of the Dead when I first saw it, but after repeated viewings I began to like it more. I had a chance to read the original script at http://homepageofthedead.com and found that the film would have been far better if they had stuck to it. But still the zombies look better than they did in any other films from the Dead trilogy, you learn more about them, the characters don't exactly suck, and the plot is still good
Nathan
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2001, 10:23:28 AM »

Have to weigh in on the other side on the original script.  While it was nice to see a more expansive story, and the inclusion of the religious overtones was a nice touch,  I think that the original Day of the Dead script really missed on the claustrophobia which has been an integral part of each movie of the trilogy.  In the version that was shot, the confinement of the characters is what drives their interaction, just like in Night and Dawn; it's a good motif to run with.

Nathan
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Day of the Dead ** « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.