Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:55:54 AM
713386 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A Request For Josh « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: A Request For Josh  (Read 8578 times)
frannie
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2002, 06:02:44 PM »

a while back wasn't there some similar situation (or maybe not that similar) that involved some kid's mom yelling at Andrew?  just a vague recolection of mine from years past.  i could be completely wrong though.
Squishy
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2002, 02:46:51 AM »

Andrew, you might want to consider an appropriately-edited "Rogues' Gallery." You know, as a warning. Meh, it might put some of the Normals off...
Redjack
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2002, 12:03:22 PM »

figures.. i take a vacation and miss a chance to flame an idjit.
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2002, 12:57:33 PM »

frannie writes:

"a while back wasn't there some similar situation (or maybe not that similar) that involved some kid's mom yelling at Andrew? just a vague recolection of mine from years past. i could be completely wrong though."

Check the Mail Page.  I think that's what you're thinking of.  (There was another bozo who did something simular on the Jabootu Boards, but I don't think he drifted over here.)

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2002, 02:07:52 PM »

A post appeared over at Jabootu with some very familiar sounding grammer...and the proximity to the banning of our dear departed josh patrick made me wonder...

for your entertainment....

help
email:
Remote Name: 24.66.94.142
Remote User:
Date: 23 Sep 2002
Time: 16:58:47

Comments
I was wondering if anybody could help me i can't seem to enter Bad movies .org every time I try it tells me i am FORBIDDEN ?????????? What the hell does that mean? what did I do?

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2002, 06:14:47 PM »

Here is an explanation I posted over at the Jabootu board:

I have the answer for this.  The person in question is not "josh patrick."

Unfortunately, you are on my Deny list since it seemed that you were using some type of program to download my entire website.  That really is no problem; the problem was that you have a cable modem, DSL, or other high-speed line and were causing the site to bog for others.  That is why I put you on Deny.  I will go and remove that after posting this, but ask that you please not cause the website to bog down.  The program you have might have a "speed limit" that you can set to keep it from causing too much traffic too quickly.

The background behind this is that my server's line is pretty much always running at max and I keep an eye on a number of things.  Hacking attacks = Deny.  Spammers looking for open relays = Deny.  Anyone who is sucking down the whole website and making it suck for other readers = Deny.

I usually take the Deny off after a few days, but keep a history in case one becomes a problem.

Now, here is a question for all.  Am I too draconian?  My main concern is to make sure everyone can visit the site and not be frustrated.

On a side note.  I did receive an email from "Dan Patrick" apologizing and asking me to remove the block (he has tried to get in a few times a day).  I refused, because I do not like people who act like he did.  Again - too draconian?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2002, 06:30:11 PM »

No.  I think that certain rules need to be set and followed and, most importantly, ENFORCED so the greatest number can enjoy the benefits of the site.  Many a site has been ruined for me by trolls, and I do not frequent a board or two because I was on the receiving end of a robust on unwarranted flaming.  I think that dan/josh/skeeeepy and whoever else he was identifying himself as, was given a heck of a lot of rope before getting his bootie kicked off the site.  As for the other individual (I will post something over there to clarify and apologize my own rush to judgment posting, but the grammar usage was so dang close).

Although I do get rather wrong headed at times I always try to remember that this board is not my house or my party.  I am a guest here and I should treat all as I would want myself to be treated by others.  Toes get stepped on and apologies or clarifications should be offered instead of insults.

I think you have been doing a swell job of things Andrew and have handled just about every situation as a complete gentleman.  

Visiting this site is a privledge, NOT a right and that privledge can be revoked if we make things too unpleasent for others.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2002, 07:30:36 PM »

Josh is a little upset with me (his email):

Ya, know i think this is the start of something hateful! It was always me!
there is no daniel! i will f**king find you and kill your ass, and if you
change you e-mail i will find out what it is. as long as its posted! i have
friends and i will find you. i want to find your baby and cum in its mouth.
i hope badmovies is prepared for a virus of my creation. you might as well
shut the f**king site down or i will for you. do not underestimate me.

If he decides to play I may have to require registration to post (apologies there).  Should he actually come anywhere near my family, for some psycho reason, I will deal with him.

However, I think a police officer will be visiting his home soon.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
frannie
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2002, 07:43:25 PM »

i think you should start a new section to go with the mailbag.  "the idiocy of josh patrick".  i would read it everyday
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2002, 07:44:18 PM »

Gonna send in the coppers?  I certainly hope you do.  I think the kid has a weak grasp on what hateful is, but should get a lesson real soon.  

And there are some abusive images I do not appreciate having stuck in my head.  Ick.

Frankly I think the only virus he could spread would be influenza or something, and since he doesn't live anywhere near me (thank God) then I think I'm okay.

Whatta loser!

And Mailbag updates would prove entertaining, if they aren't TOO ugly.

Chadzilla
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2002, 07:51:08 PM »

Jesus Christ.

Pardon me here, but what the hell's wrong with him?  Not getting your way justifies  giving vile threats?  When the hell'd that start?  Where the hell's this guy's parents when they could do some good?

What a petty little monster.

Incidentally, I didn't think you were being draconian before this.  I sure as hell don't think you're being draconian now.  Even if he's a kid, all of this is way out of line.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Cullen, wishing you luck

chris
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2002, 09:11:49 PM »

Imagine before the internet was ever created, where would such a freak be able to vent his frustrations.  I've met a few people who it seems the internet brings out the worst in them, and this sad boy takes the cake.  Despite how pathetic, angry or egotistic they get this is the first time I've seen someone resort to death threats.  Send Beat Takeshi (Violent Cop) or Dirty Harry to his house Andrew.  Maybe have the Bad Lieutenant as backup.
peter johnson
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2002, 09:53:56 PM »

Personally I don't think anything at all will happen, nor will he do anything.
I do think that Andrew has a good idea in contacting the authorities, as it is clear to me that the child has a mental illness & that this needs to be addressed.  I think he's in some pain, & maybe Andrew's bringing legal attention to bear will help him in the long run.   Where are his parents?
peter johnson
Pancho
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2002, 09:54:03 PM »

Yeah, as a sixteen year old male this is the stuff that p**ses me off.  People like Josh make anything i say seem less respectable because I'm just a kid.  It's frustrating.
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2002, 10:47:13 PM »

Guys like josh make males in general look bad, not just young whippersnappers like yourself.  (Sorry; the old man couldn't help himself.)  

Don't let it get you down.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A Request For Josh « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.