Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:32:56 AM
714230 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A Request For Josh « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: A Request For Josh  (Read 8621 times)
Lee
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2002, 10:52:10 PM »

Somebody is in need of an attitude-adjustment. Andrew, there is no way you'd get busted if you smacked him around(alot!). He deserves it.

This is the Hell that's my life.-Howard Stern: Private Parts
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2002, 10:59:37 PM »

I'm fully with you on the bandwidth problem.  Keeping a comfortable download speed for all the people who visit your site should be the main focus, as opposed to making it easy for one person just because they have the capacity.  Especially considering all the regulars you have just trying to use the message board.

As for mr. patrick, I don't think it would be very far off to state that this board was almost his only social outlet.  Probably some deeper problems that hopefully he'll work through someday.

Of course you were right to ban him.  Over-zealous posting is no problem, but active trolling and finally verbal abuse is no way to act.  One must be prepared to deal with the consequences of acting like a dumb-ass psycho.

And I don't think you have much cause for concern as far as his threats go.  I would doubt very much that he has any real understanding of the reality of the people he is dealing with.  Maybe he just thinks we're all blips on his computer screen.

I don't know.  Weird kid.  I think everybody agrees you did the right thing.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Dano
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2002, 11:42:56 PM »

Definitely call the cops if it gives you peace of mind, but this guy isn't a threat.  I doubt he even has a mental illness.  He's just a bored kid (maybe several) acting out like a tough guy on the internet probably because it gives him all the thrill and none of the risk.  He typed out a lot of threatening crap in that last e-mail (the lewd remark that doesn't bear repeating just screams out "teenager looking for a reaction" -- no offense to Pancho and other teenagers who use their heads) and I guarantee went straight off to some other web site and started all over.  If he doesn't come back through another IP address (I don't know if he's even figured that out yet), he'll have forgotten about Badmovies.org in a week and will be harassing some other group of people.  

If his parents don't want to look after him the least they could do is buy the kid a f***ing playstation or something.  Anyway, count me in the "not too draconian" category.
Squishy
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2002, 03:31:50 AM »

Oh, man, not only were you not "draconian" (now meesa gets a picture from "Buck Rogers" in my head), but I would not hesitate to bust the little effer over that barrage of sick threats.

If he doesn't get the help / wake-up call he obviously needs, he will ramp it up (not towards you, I think--I don't imagine he's serious, BUT people have been wrong about that before) with someone else until he does something truly awful...or gets done truly awful. That little bucket of scum has some seriously miswired synapses. (Now meesa gets a picture of the end of "The Paperboy" in my head...)
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2002, 04:53:45 AM »

You did the right thing, Andrew.
....This kid needs help, and something has to break him out of his delusions.
....Sometimes i think i must be crazy...then i read those who realy are. Sad, realy sad.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Redjack
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2002, 08:48:43 AM »

Don't underestimate him??   lol      I don't think he realizes the truckload of pain an upset marine can deliver..  lol
nshumate
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2002, 10:42:13 AM »

Startling that these "people" are out there, isn't it? I've run into a few in my time, including death threats, over on the b-movie list.  (Last one I had, I called out:  I gave him my home address and told him to call ahead so I'd have film in the camera to snap some pictures of his ass being bounced around my front lawn.)

It's people like this that make you wish the internet were a little more difficult, hm?

Nathan Shumate
Cold Fusion Video Reviews
Sci-fi, Horror, and General Whoopass
nshumate
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2002, 10:43:44 AM »

Guys like Josh make you call into question the merits of bipedalism and opposable thumbs.

Nathan
(Though I've got no evidence that either characterizes Josh himself...)

Nathan Shumate
Cold Fusion Video Reviews
Sci-fi, Horror, and General Whoopass
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2002, 10:50:30 AM »

I know my last post in this particular thread (The josh Issue) looked startlingly naïve.  This stuff happens every day.  But it still startles me when it does happen.

Especially when it's vile threats like that.

Ugh
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Cullen

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2002, 10:54:35 AM »

One moment.  Haven't done this before.

Nathan Shumate wrote:
>
> Guys like Josh make you call into question the merits of
> bipedalism and opposable thumbs.

LOL!

There.  First the emoticons, and now the silly little abbreviations.  The Internet has finally corrupted me.

I hope you're all happy now. >:-<
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Cullen - Who has probably been corrupt for a lot longer than he thinks.

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
John
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2002, 07:44:40 AM »

No problem here with the bandwidth limitation. I also think you should turn him in, even though I'm sure nothing will come of it.

Several years ago, while I was still calling local BBS's, something similar happened. A guy I knew let a bunch of guys come over (aged 17-20 or so) to copy software and while he was out of the room for a minute, they snooped through his notebook and found his passwords to a few of the local boards. They then used his passwords to get access to the pirate section of at least one BBS and then started sending death threats to the sysop saying that they were going to be waiting for him some night, kill his son etc unless he gave them complete sysop access to the board. I don't know if he ever reported them, but I know nothing ever came out of it. I met the jerks once and they basically took everything as a big joke. They thought it was funny to scare people, hack people's passwords etc. In short, they were losers with no life. :-/
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A Request For Josh « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.